Meade LX 70 EQ Mount

Discuss Meade mounts.
Wire
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

Meade LX 70 EQ Mount

Post by Wire »

Just received this mount yesterday. What a great mount. Got it for the Solarmax 60, but mounted the 102 Infinity on it this evening and no vibration compared to what came with the Infinity. I guess I'll use the Infinity mount for my camera that I use to make my You Tube videos. Also, it didn't rain and wasn't cloudy the day after I bought astronomy equipment. Great views of the moon this evening. Looking forward to how the Solarmax does on it.

Was hoping to get the dual axis motor but HS is all sold out. Others have it for the same price I paid for the scope, but I'll wait and see what happens at HS.
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0

Re: Meade LX 70 EQ Mount

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Since the mount has been discontinued the chances of them bringing in more motors are slim.
Meade will stock them (they still stock motors for the LXD-75) or you may have to contact a bunch of retailers to see who still has some stock.
See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
The only culture I have is from yogurt
My day was going well until... people