Is NexRemote Required?

Discuss Celestron mounts.
Mike_Lewis United States of America
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

Is NexRemote Required?

Post by Mike_Lewis »

I've bought a new laptop for imaging. I have a Celestron SGP Pro mount. I've used this mount for about 6 years and controlled it through SGP Pro on my old Windows 7 PC. The new machine runs Windows 10. I'm trying to load up all of the drivers and apps needed to have SGP run everything like it did, until an unfortunate night when I got a BSOD, on the Windows 7 machine. Today I tried to install NexRemote on the new machine and the installation failed because it is not compatible with Windows 10. I read some online posts about NexRemote and Windows 10 in Compatibility Mode, but this has me wondering if I really need NExRemote.

As long as I have the Celestron Mount Driver installed on the new PC do I really need NexRemote?
JayTee United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Is NexRemote Required?

Post by JayTee »

I don't use NexRemote because I find it cumbersome. I've always connected my laptop to my mount through the port at the base of the HC then make sure I'm connected through the Celestron Scope ASCOM driver. Doing it this way gives a lot more flexibility in how many different ways you can slew your mount.

Cheers,
JT
∞ Primary Scopes: #1: Celestron CPC1100 #2: 8" f/7.5 Dob #3: CR150HD f/8 6" frac
∞ AP Scopes: #1: TPO 6" f/9 RC #2: ES 102 f/7 APO #3: ES 80mm f/6 APO
∞ G&G Scopes: #1: Meade 102mm f/7.8 #2: Bresser 102mm f/4.5
∞ Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs -- The El Cheapo Bros.
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM70AG, SW EQ6, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: #1: ZWO ASI294MC Pro #2: 662MC #3: 120MC, Canon T3i, Orion SSAG, WYZE Cam3
∞ Binos: 10X50,11X70,15X70, 25X100
∞ EPs: ES 2": 21mm 100° & 30mm 82° Pentax XW: 7, 10, 14, & 20mm 70°

Searching the skies since 1966. "I never met a scope I didn't want to keep."