XCalRocketMan United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Recommendations for a TOAG

Post by XCalRocketMan »

Hey all,

I recently puchased and installed a Moonlite CFL Focuser on my EdgeHD11. However, I now see that my Celestron OAG is eating up all my backfocus and it looks like I need to replace it with a TOAG. Any recommendations out there on what TOAG to buy? And, what adapters I would need to attach it to my Moonlite and then my ZWO FilterWheel.

Mikey
Scopes Celestron EdgeHD-11; William Optics GT102; William Optics ZS61; Criterion Dynamax-8 SCT
Mounts AP1100GTO mount w/APCCpro; iOptron iEQ30 Pro; Criterion Dynamax-8 SCT
Lenses Hyperstar-III; Celestron 0.7x FR; WO Flat/Reducer 0.8x
Guiding Celestron OAG w/ASI174mm mini; WO 50mm; Orion ST80
Cameras and Filters ZWO2600mm Pro w/Optolong 3nm NB and RGB; ZWOASI1600mm Pro (ZWO LRGB and Astrodon Ha-5nm, Oiii-3nm, Sii-5nm), QHY10, Canon 50D; ASI174mm mini; ASI462MC; ASI120MC
Misc Moonlite focuser on Edge - Feather-Touch focuser on GT102; ZWO EAF on ZS61; ZWO 2" and 31mm FWs; Kendrick Dew System, Temp-est Fans
Software NINA; PHD; APT; BYE; PI; APP; PSP; Registax; FireCapture; SharpCap
Blog at: SkyAndRockets
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Recommendations for a TOAG

Post by yobbo89 »

sorry i can't help you too much, i use a inbuilt one in my filterwheel (Starlight Xpress Maxi Filter), i recomend one you can rotate to help find guide stars in dim areas , that's if you have the space . are you screwing your imaging system to your focuser ? 2.5 '' focuser ?
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

XCalRocketMan United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by XCalRocketMan »

yobbo89 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:50 pm sorry i can't help you too much, i use a inbuilt one in my filterwheel (Starlight Xpress Maxi Filter), i recomend one you can rotate to help find guide stars in dim areas , that's if you have the space . are you screwing your imaging system to your focuser ? 2.5 '' focuser ?
It turns out that my existing Celestron OAG will work (according to a friend of mine who has the exact same imaging system). I may have incorrectly measured the backfocus from the Edge to the exit of the Moonlite. Not much leeway, but doable.
To answer your question: Celestron OAG to Moonlite (2.5"), then ZWO Filter Wheel, then ASI1600.
Scopes Celestron EdgeHD-11; William Optics GT102; William Optics ZS61; Criterion Dynamax-8 SCT
Mounts AP1100GTO mount w/APCCpro; iOptron iEQ30 Pro; Criterion Dynamax-8 SCT
Lenses Hyperstar-III; Celestron 0.7x FR; WO Flat/Reducer 0.8x
Guiding Celestron OAG w/ASI174mm mini; WO 50mm; Orion ST80
Cameras and Filters ZWO2600mm Pro w/Optolong 3nm NB and RGB; ZWOASI1600mm Pro (ZWO LRGB and Astrodon Ha-5nm, Oiii-3nm, Sii-5nm), QHY10, Canon 50D; ASI174mm mini; ASI462MC; ASI120MC
Misc Moonlite focuser on Edge - Feather-Touch focuser on GT102; ZWO EAF on ZS61; ZWO 2" and 31mm FWs; Kendrick Dew System, Temp-est Fans
Software NINA; PHD; APT; BYE; PI; APP; PSP; Registax; FireCapture; SharpCap
Blog at: SkyAndRockets
Star Dad United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Star Dad »

I highly recommend the Orion TOAG. But it looks like you won't be needing it. :)
"To be good is not enough when you dream of being great"

Orion 203mm/f4.9/1000mm, converted TASCO 114mm/f9/1000mm to steam punk, Meade 114mm/f9/1000, Coronado PST, Orion EQ-G, Ioptron Mini-Tower and iEQ30, Canon 70D, ASI120MM,ASI294MC, Ioptron SkyHunter