Telescope, camera, action

We all started somewhere! We are a friendly bunch! Most of your questions can be posted here, but if you are interested in Astrophotography please use the new Beginner Astrophotography forum. The response time will be much better.
Mack41
Moon Ambassador
Articles: 0

Telescope, camera, action

Post by Mack41 »

Took delivery of my first telescope on Wednesday, a celestron astromaster 130eq and after a few hours or swearing and generally throwing all my toys out of the prom I’ve got it all set up.
I’ve also bought a Nikon p900 so if nothing else I should be able to get a good shot of the moon
Hopefully the sky’s around Manchester will be clear enough to see something beside rain tonight and if I get any pics I’ll post them on here tomorrow

Fingers crossed :Astronomer1:
Scopes: skywatcher evostar 72ed, Altair Starwave 152
Mounts: skywatcher eq5 pro, celestron advanced gt
Camera’s:Altair hypercam 183m, Altair hypercam 183c, Altair gpcam 178c, celestron starsense

So long and thanks for all the fish
allisonribeiro
Earth Ambassador

Re: Telescope, camera, action

Post by allisonribeiro »

Howdy there.

This was my first scope, you can have a lot of fun with it, and see tons of objects.

As for photos, this is a completely different game, photos of the moon are pretty much all I could do with this setup
Telescope: Orion SkyQuest Xt8 Classic, red dot finder and Celestron 9x50 RACI. 
Eps : 5mm CELESTRON X-CEL, 9mm CELESTRON X-CEL, 25mm CELESTRON X-CEL, 2x Barlow lens, DGM NPB nebula filter
10X50 Bino
Camera: ASI224MC
Messier: 30/110, AF.net S110: 78/110
Harshil Canada
Mars Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Harshil »

congratulation! :observer:
Telescope: Celestrone 76Az powerseeker
Softwere: Stellarium, Sky-Safari
Binocular: Olympus dps i 10x50

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/patelharshil_02/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/deepskyastronomy
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYk_vU ... wgI2EVRWxw
Tillibobs Great Britain
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Tillibobs »

CONGRATULATIONS on your new kit. Now I know who to blame for this crap weather ! :Astronomer1:
Voyageur
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Voyageur »

Congratulations on your new gear! I hope you get clear skies to try it out.

How are you planning to use the camera? That's a nice camera, but using it with a scope is, as Allison pointed out, another matter entirely. You can probably get some decent Moon shots if you have an adapter to hold the camera in place at the eyepiece (afocal astrophotography.) That's as far as I've gone with AP, with a cell phone camera.

Anyway, photos are fine and all, but do plan to spend some time learning the night skies and discovering things to see with your eyes. There is a lot to discover, so have fun!
Scopes: Vixen VMC200L, D=200mm, F=1950, f/9.75; Televue 2" Everbright diagonal. Coronado PST; AstroTech EDT 80mm, F=480, f/6.
Mounts: Vixen SXW/Starbook (original); Stellarvue M2C alt-az.
Eyepieces: Televue: 55mm Plossl, 22mm Panoptic, 17.3mm Delos, 13mm Nagler, c. 1980, 11mm Plossl, 7mm Nagler, 5mm Radian; Meade 15mm Super Plossl; VERNONSCOPE 2.4X BARLOW
Binoculars: Leica 8x32 Trinovids, circa 1997; Orion Megaview 20x80, Orion Paragon Plus mount.
Mack41
Moon Ambassador

Post by Mack41 »

Voyageur wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:30 pm Congratulations on your new gear! I hope you get clear skies to try it out.

How are you planning to use the camera? That's a nice camera, but using it with a scope is, as Allison pointed out, another matter entirely. You can probably get some decent Moon shots if you have an adapter to hold the camera in place at the eyepiece (afocal astrophotography.) That's as far as I've gone with AP, with a cell phone camera.

Anyway, photos are fine and all, but do plan to spend some time learning the night skies and discovering things to see with your eyes. There is a lot to discover, so have fun!
I was planning on taking the moon pics with the Nikon p900 ( 83x zoom ).

Well tonight’s a waste of time in Manchester , good job there’s wine 😀
Scopes: skywatcher evostar 72ed, Altair Starwave 152
Mounts: skywatcher eq5 pro, celestron advanced gt
Camera’s:Altair hypercam 183m, Altair hypercam 183c, Altair gpcam 178c, celestron starsense

So long and thanks for all the fish