Stellina issues

We all started somewhere! We are a friendly bunch! Most of your questions can be posted here, but if you are interested in Astrophotography please use the new Beginner Astrophotography forum. The response time will be much better.
Louiscardinal@me.com
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

Stellina issues

Post by Louiscardinal@me.com »

I Purchased a Stellina over a month ago. Last night I initialized it got a picture of the moon , all was fine. I then asked it to photograph a deep sky objects on the menu, it goes to work but 10 minutes later it is shut down , the main “on-off” blue light is off. I repeated the process and the same thing happens every time. The battery is fully charged. It’s like a computer crash it’s simply shuts down and the only way to get it going again is to unplug the battery and start over. I have contacted the company from France but they usually take days to reply.. has anyone experience this?
Pikaia Great Britain
Jupiter Ambassador

Re: Stellina issues

Post by Pikaia »

I have not heard of this kind of problem, but can I suggest that you join the Facebook page? A member of Vaonis will respond to your question fairly quickly there, and other users might be able to help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mystellina/
Ruud
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Ruud »

Hi Louis, welcome.

Sorry about the trouble with your telescope. I don't have a Stellina myself so I can't be of much help to you. Maybe a broken memory chip causes the telescope to run out of memory after 10 minutes of collecting data.

It's probably best to wait for Stellina's reaction. It could be a firmware issue, but trying a firmware update while the telescope's hardware might be faulty is probably a bad idea. I wouldn't try that myself.

You could check cables and connectors, but the way the error repeats itself seems to point to a different problem.

Good luck. please keep us informed.
7x50 Helios Apollo 8x42 Bresser Everest 73mm f/5.9 WO APO 4" f/5 TeleVue Genesis 6" f/10 Celestron 6SE 0.63x reducer 1.8, 2, 2.5 and 3x Barlows eyepieces from 4.5 to 34mm
Sheetal
Earth Ambassador

Post by Sheetal »

Louis, did your problem get resolved? I’ve been having identical issues since September. Stellina is aware of them, and at one stage, accepted that it might be necessary to replace the telescope since it was most likely a fault in the telescope. But they have now ceased to respond to emails, texts, or even phone calls. They have admitted that there have been many similar complaints.