SW AZ-gti Mount Firmware

We all started somewhere! We are a friendly bunch! Most of your questions can be posted here, but if you are interested in Astrophotography please use the new Beginner Astrophotography forum. The response time will be much better.
Goatbasket
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

SW AZ-gti Mount Firmware

Post by Goatbasket »

I’ve had my SW 127 Mak for a few weeks now and I’m certainly enjoying it. No obvious problems and I do generally adhere to the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” school of thought but I am contemplating updating the AZ-gti mount firmware. I note that the current download on the SW site is version 3.36, whereas my mount reports 3.26, which sounds like it could be well out of date. Before I take the plunge, have any of you performed this firmware upgrade and if so, did you encounter any problems that I should be aware of?

Kevin
Goatbasket
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

Re: SW AZ-gti Mount Firmware

Post by Goatbasket »

Ok, so no news is good news I guess. I went ahead and updated the AZ-gti firmware from version 3.26 to 3.36 with no problems at all. The only noticeable difference in operation is that the GOTO slew speed is considerably faster than before. Allegedly operation with the auxiliary encoders is more accurate too, though I have yet to demonstrate that. Surprisingly the firmware update could not be done via the SynScan app, but could only be done via a Windows device. Fortunately I have a Win10 laptop so that wasn’t an issue.
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Re: SW AZ-gti Mount Firmware

Post by Bigzmey »

Glad it worked nicely for you. I am “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” guy, I don't mess with firmware unless I encounter some issues while operating the mount.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255