looking for a new cc

Discuss any astro equipment that does not have its own forum, such as focusers, finders, chairs, etc.
yobbo89 Australia
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

looking for a new cc

Post by yobbo89 »

any chance anyone has a 2.5'' cc and a moonlight ?

thinking about getting this , my moon light does have a 68 mm x1mm female thread , i'm guessing i screw the cc in about 5 mm, then theres a 2mm ring which will be the hard stop then screw on the filter wheel, it's the lack of diamentions shown which is my problem , i need to know how much machined m68x1 thread there is on the cc .

that's option a .

https://www.apm-telescopes.de/en/optica ... connection

i was looking at the teleview paracorr 2 ,images online are also lacking dimensions, specifically the adapter ring it comes with, i know a few people here have the teleview, what is the actualy backfocus with the ring?,it looks like you can't actualy use it without it , that's if you're working with minimal backfocus.

https://www.televue.com/engine/TV3b_pag ... &Tab=_phot

the teleview results looks nice and is more flexiable if i change scopes , but i think it is lacking enough backfocus .. it has 90% illumination for aps size chip, i plan to go full frame down the track so i might be better of with 2.5'' cc.

while i'm at it, any other known good high end correctors out there in 2'' or 2.5'' should be aware of ? using a f4 newt.
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

SkyHiker United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: looking for a new cc

Post by SkyHiker »

I suspect that my Paraccorr II is the cause of strong vignetting at the edges of my Aps/C sized ASI2600MM/C, also for a 12" F/4 Newt. It works but just barely. So I would go for the 2.5" one. Otherwise the Paracor II works very well so I'm not complaining, flats take care of the vignetting. If you want I can check out the exact dimensions but I would not get one in your case.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

Cheers Henk, I'm going to email ts optics about the 2.5", I'll have to pull apart my imaging gear and make sure things fit.
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

order in for a TS Optics Riccardi 2.5" Wynne!,all the adapters check out on my imageing train , the only thing i might need to do is move the mirror up or machine down the focuser base about 10mm,an easy job to do.purchased from teleskop which is in germany i think, i've orderd from them before . can't wait to have flawless mosiacs, it's been such a pain doing 4+ panels ,usualy 1 panel won't align with the distortion correction and i end up bluring the stars or doing star removal.

yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

i got my corrector, turns out i didn't have the 68mm adapter i thought i orderd when i got the filterwheel, i guess i'll machine something up.. the thing is a monster xd , the lens cap it came with didnt fit on it due to big convex element on the end ..

Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

I sure hope it works for you! I see they have a 3" for E100 more. These CCs sure become monsters that kind of reduce the cost benefit of a Newt. The results will probably be pretty good I bet. Keep us posted and good luck with making the adapter.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

i chiped my coma corrector :) ,gently touched the back lense with my very sharp digital calipers ...

ive rotated the chip so it sits over the pick off prism ,hope i don't get any scaterd reflections ..

Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

Ouch! I know that from my Paracorr II, it is somewhat frightening to see how exposed it is. Yours almost looks like a larger copy. It doesn't take much to scratch it. Every time I handle it to get it in the focuser that's all that I'm thinking about. I hope the fix works for you, I think it will.

BTW that adapter that you've milled looks nice, if that's what it is.
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

I gave it a little test on m42 and sirus, doesn't seem to be any scattered light or shadows casting onto my cmos , given the small chip is almost near the edge of the corrector,that part of the light cone probably doesn't reach my camera, I tested it width diamentions on my cmos so hopefully not a problem with a full frame down the road.

I filled the chip with black permanent marker to avoid scatterd light from the defect , I just need to machine down 15mm off my focuser to reach focus correctly, so hopefully back to imaging again on the weekend, it was pretty clear Tonight.

yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

spent a few hours adjusting .. i have a feeling that my secondary needs to come down just a smidge more, the tilt adapter will not get that last bit out, it is futher more a collimation problem atm i think . other then that ,a chipped corrector with a little black paint works as good as new xd

Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

Great image Rob, glad it works out that well! Yea the illumination looks a bit off center but not by much.