Questions for binoviewer users

Discuss any astro equipment that does not have its own forum, such as focusers, finders, chairs, etc.
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Questions for binoviewer users

Post by Bigzmey »

Lady Fraktor wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:09 pm
Bigzmey wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:45 pm Anyone had personal experience with Williams Optics binoviewer? The reviews on CN are mixed. Baader MaxBright II would be my first choice but they have been out of stock for last few months.
The WO are the same as my Stellarvue set, these are sold by many retailers just rebranded.
William Optics, Celestron, Telescope Service, Orion, Omegon.
They are all made by Kunming United Optics and seem to be the same build quality.
A good set to start out with to see if you enjoy them.
Thanks Gabby. This seems to be the consensus. I have talked to Tom from Agena and unfortunately they have no idea when MaxBright II will be in stock. In the mean time to get my feet wet I picked of CN a used Orion binoviewer of Kunming United Optics variety. I will let you know how it goes. Still need to get some EP pairs, and I thought I am done with EP hording. :lol:
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Bigzmey wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:46 pm
Bigzmey wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:45 pm Anyone had personal experience with Williams Optics binoviewer? The reviews on CN are mixed. Baader MaxBright II would be my first choice but they have been out of stock for last few months.
The WO are the same as my Stellarvue set, these are sold by many retailers just rebranded.
They are all made by Kunming United Optics and seem to be the same build quality.
Thanks Gabby. This seems to be the consensus. I have talked to Tom from Agena and unfortunately they have no idea when MaxBright II will be in stock. In the mean time to get my feet wet I picked of CN a used Orion binoviewer of Kunming United Optics variety. I will let you know how it goes. Still need to get some EP pairs, and I thought I am done with EP hording. :lol:
Well, there are hords of eyepieces that set out to conquer, pillage and plunder. And then there are hoards whose intentions are more peaceful. ;)
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

notFritzArgelander wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:52 pm
Bigzmey wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:46 pm

Well, there are hords of eyepieces that set out to conquer, pillage and plunder. And then there are hoards whose intentions are more peaceful. ;)
Both! :D
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255