I Have Six New Accessories

Discuss any astro equipment that does not have its own forum, such as focusers, finders, chairs, etc.
Refractordude
Interdicted
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

I Have Six New Accessories

Post by Refractordude »

Ordered these as gifts to myself on the morning of December 25th, 2020.

Ordered 225 lens cleaners. I am always running out, so I got the jumbo box from Walmart's website.

Got two dew shields for my 20x80 binoculars. I ordered the 100mm so they will work with 100mm 90 degree binoculars. I will have to use rubber bands to use them with the 20x80 binoculars.

Ordered an extra weight for my eq mount. The weights that came with the mount are not enough for my 150mm f/8 refractor. Now I can use a 2" diagonal, 2" eyepieces, and a dual finder mount for my RACI/red dot finder.

Have a cell phone holder that can attach to a cross bar I will put on my tripod with binoculars and a red dot finder. My hope is to be able to align the Stellarium app with the binoculars as finder setup. I may have to put the cell phone on the tripod alone, and find a way to attach a red dot finder.

Ordered agenaastro's zoom eyepiece. I read that it is the same as the Celestron zoom eyepiece. This zoom eyepiece is for high mag on the moon, and planets until I can afford quality high mag eyepieces. Will do I brief review in the eyepiece forum as soon as weather permits.

I ordered the Meade 56mm plossl eyepiece for a wide angle and exit pupil at my dark site. Thinking of buying a 2" nebula filter for it. Will do a review in the eyepiece section soon as possible.

Have a new red dot finder and mount for the center rail on my 20x80 binoculars.
Attachments
image 7.PNG
image 6.PNG
image 2.PNG
image 3.PNG
image 4.PNG
image 5.PNG
image 1.PNG
Refractordude
Interdicted

TSS Awards Badges

Re: I Have Six New Accessories

Post by Refractordude »

Will be using the zoom eyepiece with a 2x barlow.
Refractordude
Interdicted

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Refractordude »

The dew shields and red dot finder for my 20x80 binoculars are a perfect fit. Left click the image.
Attachments
image 2.PNG
image 1.PNG
AntennaGuy United States of America
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by AntennaGuy »

So you got the last Meade 56mm Plossl! Now they are all back-ordered.
:laughing:
Congrats on the new gear.
* Meade 323 refractor on a manual equatorial mount.
* Celestron C6 SCT on a Twilight 1 Alt-Az mount
Prof. Barnhardt to Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still: "There are several thousand questions I'd like to ask you.”
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Congrats on the new toys RD! 2" Plossls are underappreciated EPs IMO. They do work quite nicely in in slower scopes, in particular with nebula filters.

Filters quality is very important. When you see comments on forums: "I tried nebula filters and they don't work", it is because they went with cheap stuff.

I recommend Orion UltraBlock filter. I have used it for years with success before finally upgrading to the premium filters.

https://www.telescope.com/Orion/2-Orion ... ultrablock

My premium set resides in the filter wheel, but I still keep the UltraBlock as a spare in my EP case.
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.
Solar: HA: Lunt 50mm single stack, W/L: Meade Herschel wedge.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2437, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 257
turboscrew
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by turboscrew »

Refractordude wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:36 am Ordered these as gifts to myself on the morning of December 25th, 2020.

Ordered 225 lens cleaners. I am always running out, so I got the jumbo box from Walmart's website.

Got two dew shields for my 20x80 binoculars. I ordered the 100mm so they will work with 100mm 90 degree binoculars. I will have to use rubber bands to use them with the 20x80 binoculars.

Ordered an extra weight for my eq mount. The weights that came with the mount are not enough for my 150mm f/8 refractor. Now I can use a 2" diagonal, 2" eyepieces, and a dual finder mount for my RACI/red dot finder.

Have a cell phone holder that can attach to a cross bar I will put on my tripod with binoculars and a red dot finder. My hope is to be able to align the Stellarium app with the binoculars as finder setup. I may have to put the cell phone on the tripod alone, and find a way to attach a red dot finder.

Ordered agenaastro's zoom eyepiece. I read that it is the same as the Celestron zoom eyepiece. This zoom eyepiece is for high mag on the moon, and planets until I can afford quality high mag eyepieces. Will do I brief review in the eyepiece forum as soon as weather permits.

I ordered the Meade 56mm plossl eyepiece for a wide angle and exit pupil at my dark site. Thinking of buying a 2" nebula filter for it. Will do a review in the eyepiece section soon as possible.

When do you expect the sky to clear next? :lol:
- Juha

Senior Embedded SW Designer
Telescope: OrionOptics XV12, Mount: CEM120, Tri-pier 360 and alternative dobson mount.
Grab 'n go: Omegon AC 102/660 on AZ-3 mount
Eyepieces: 26 mm Omegon SWAN 70°, 15 mm TV Plössl, 12.5 mm Baader Morpheus, 10 mm TV Delos, 6 mm Baader Classic Ortho, 5 mm TV DeLite, 4 mm and 3 mm TV Radians
Cameras: ZWO ASI 294MM Pro, Omegon veLOX 178C
OAG: TS-Optics TSOAG09, ZWO EFW 7 x 36 mm, ZWO filter sets: LRGB and Ha/OIII/SII
Explore Scientific HR 2" coma corrector, Meade x3 1.25" Barlow, TV PowerMate 4x 2"
Some filters (#80A, ND-96, ND-09, Astronomik UHC)
Laptop: Acer Enduro Urban N3 semi-rugged, Windows 11
LAT 61° 28' 10.9" N, Bortle 5

I don't suffer from insanity. I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Refractordude
Interdicted

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Refractordude »

turboscrew wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:31 pm
Refractordude wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:36 am Ordered these as gifts to myself on the morning of December 25th, 2020.

When do you expect the sky to clear next? :lol:
Saturday I hope.
Attachments
image 2 cell phone finder setup.PNG
pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by pakarinen »

What brand of RDF is that? Looks like it clips on the central bar of the binos.
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s
Refractordude
Interdicted

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Refractordude »

pakarinen wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:07 pm What brand of RDF is that? Looks like it clips on the central bar of the binos.
These are the two mounts that I use for my binoculars. A red dot finder can attach to both. Left click the images.
Attachments
image 1rsr.PNG
image 1rsr 2.PNG
Refractordude
Interdicted

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Refractordude »

A perfect fit. Thanks all for the advise.
Attachments
image 1 weight.PNG