Autofocuser arrived, but the boxes are...... ?

Discuss any astro equipment that does not have its own forum, such as focusers, finders, chairs, etc.
TareqPhoto United Arab Emirates
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

Autofocuser arrived, but the boxes are...... ?

Post by TareqPhoto »

Hi all,

Finally i got my first ever focusing motor or autofocuser, i really can't wait to use it and see what it can do for me if i know how to operate it properly and do all settings or setup of it.

The package arrived and delivered to me, but it sounds it had kind of accident or smash or squeeze from one side, i shared the image and people told me that it is not acceptable, and some said i have to file it, and few will say to ignore it as it happens often, i don't know who is the responsible here, but i believe strongly that it is the local delivery shipping/delivery company, the sender which is the store i ordered from and domestic US shipping and forward company in US all won't do this, i ordered from them several times and it never happen like this, so the only one i blame is the delivery company, and if that is the case then i don't think i will get any solution, companies here aren't really good as customer services, so i think i can't solve this issue with them here if that is true.

What are you people doing when something like that happens? Should i worry much about it even if the product inside is safe?

https://i.postimg.cc...FVM/DSC4734.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc...hJm/DSC4735.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc...NCL/DSC4737.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc...6jv/DSC4738.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc...rR4/DSC4739.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc...CZw/DSC4740.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc...xWc/DSC4741.jpg

Now back to the motor itself, is there any tutorials about how to install it to the focuser and then how to do settings to make it work flawlessly?
    Telescope: SkyWatcher: Skymax 180mm F15 Mak, StarTravel 80mm f/5 ---- Meade LX70 8" F5 Newt
      Mount: SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6 GoTo
        Cameras: QHY163M, QHY5L-II-M, ZWO [ASI174MM, ASI290MM, ASI385MC, ASI120MC(damaged)], Sony A7r + Canon DSLRs + lenses [Hasselbald, Canon, Sony, Sigma, Samyang], Hasselbald H4D-60
          Filters: Astrodon Ha 5nm, Cyclops Optics LUX-Series RGB, Optolong NB, Baader filters [M&S Neodymium, Contrast Booster], Skywatcher UHC & OIII
            Software: SGPro, PixInsight, APP, APT, DeepSkyStacker, Nebulosity, SharpCap, FireCapture, PHD2, CDC, Photoshop CC
            Mars Ambassador

Re: Autofocuser arrived, but the boxes are...... ?

Post by TareqPhoto »

Telescope: SkyWatcher: Skymax 180mm F15 Mak, StarTravel 80mm f/5 ---- Meade LX70 8" F5 Newt
                  Cameras: QHY163M, QHY5L-II-M, ZWO [ASI174MM, ASI290MM, ASI385MC, ASI120MC(damaged)], Sony A7r + Canon DSLRs + lenses [Hasselbald, Canon, Sony, Sigma, Samyang], Hasselbald H4D-60
                    Filters: Astrodon Ha 5nm, Cyclops Optics LUX-Series RGB, Optolong NB, Baader filters [M&S Neodymium, Contrast Booster], Skywatcher UHC & OIII
                      Software: SGPro, PixInsight, APP, APT, DeepSkyStacker, Nebulosity, SharpCap, FireCapture, PHD2, CDC, Photoshop CC
                      messier 111 Canada
                      Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by messier 111 »

I can understand your apprehension, but if everything works out well, I wouldn't lose a breath on this case. :twocents:
                      I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , berno mack 3 with telepod , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
                      ― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
                      Mars Ambassador

Post by TareqPhoto »

messier 111 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:52 pm I can understand your apprehension, but if everything works out well, I wouldn't lose a breath on this case. :twocents:
                      The products are working and excellent conditions, no sign of damage or impact or anything, only boxes are having that, so is it a big deal really to make a case and filing and complaining? some told me to do just to give those companies a lesson to be better next time, will that happen really as if those companies never had complains before anyway?!!!
                                Lady Fraktor Slovakia
                                Co-Administrator
                                Co-Administrator

Post by Lady Fraktor »

What delivery company were you dealing with?
                                Take pictures of the damaged cartons and check contents for damage. If there is damage then submit the images to the delivery company as well as the retailer/ company you ought it from.
                                If the delivery company refuses to help fix the issue the retailer may be able to.
                                See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
                                EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
                                Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
                                Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
                                Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
                                Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
                                The only culture I have is from yogurt
                                My day was going well until... people
                                Mars Ambassador

Post by TareqPhoto »

Lady Fraktor wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:46 pm What delivery company were you dealing with?
                                Take pictures of the damaged cartons and check contents for damage. If there is damage then submit the images to the delivery company as well as the retailer/ company you ought it from.
                                If the delivery company refuses to help fix the issue the retailer may be able to.
                                There is no damage for contents at all, they are all safe and packed nicely, only the boxes had damages, the original box not so much, very slight impact or smash to one side not affecting inside at all, just the shipping box had a bit harder impact also to one side, and sounds it didn't affect much of the contents, only little on the internal box which is also not much, i mean all the items and content are safe and packed great and no damage, is it worthy to contact them all then?
                                          Lady Fraktor Slovakia
                                          Co-Administrator
                                          Co-Administrator

Post by Lady Fraktor »

You could let the shipping company know about it, I imagine they would be more concerned about liability of damage though.
                                          Since there was no damage they may or may not be interested.
                                          I would at least contact someone about it though.
                                          See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
                                          EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
                                          Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
                                          Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
                                          Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
                                          Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
                                          The only culture I have is from yogurt
                                          My day was going well until... people
                                          Mars Ambassador

Post by TareqPhoto »

Lady Fraktor wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:07 pm You could let the shipping company know about it, I imagine they would be more concerned about liability of damage though.
                                          Since there was no damage they may or may not be interested.
                                          I would at least contact someone about it though.
                                          Ok