Pegasus Astro Ultimate Power Box v2 issues again....

Discuss any astro equipment that does not have its own forum, such as focusers, finders, chairs, etc.
AstroBee United States of America
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Pegasus Astro Ultimate Power Box v2 issues again....

Post by AstroBee »

Honestly, I don't know if it's the PAUPB or my NUC that's causing this problem but if you watch this short 4.5 minute video you'll see the issue I'm having connecting wirelessly to my NUC.

When the PAUPBv2 is connected to the NUC, I can not connect to the NUC via WiFi.

Connecting via ethernet is no issue, it's only wireless that is no longer working.

I've replaced the USB3 cable connecting the two and tried a USB3 hub between with no luck.
Greg M.~ "Ad Astra per Aspera"
Scopes: Celestron EdgeHD14", Explore Scientific ED152CF & ED127 APO's, StellarVue SV70T, Classic Orange-Tube C-8, Lunt 80mm Ha double-stack solar scope.
Mounts: Astro-Physics Mach One, iOptron CEM70EC Mount, iOptron ZEQ25 Mount.
Cameras: ZWO ASI2600mm Pro, ZWO 2600MC Pro, ZWO ASI1600mm
Filters: 36mm Chroma LRGB & 3nm Ha, OIII, SII, L-Pro, L-eXtreme
Eyepieces: 27mm TeleVue Panoptic, 4mm TeleVue Radian, Explore Scientific 82° 30mm, 6.7mm , Baader 13mm Hyperion, Explore Scientific 70° 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, Meade 8.8mm UWA
Software: N.I.N.A., SharpCapPro, PixInsight, PhotoShop CC, Phd2, Stellarium
https://www.nevadadesertskies.com
AstroBee United States of America
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Pegasus Astro Ultimate Power Box v2 issues again....

Post by AstroBee »

I just wanted to follow up with my findings on this issue. I reached out to the Pegasus folks and was warned of interference with USB3.0 and 2.4Ghz wifi. After searching online for that specific issue, I found tons of reports including verification from Intel that improperly shielded USB3.0 ports can interfere with 2.4Ghz wifi.
So I broke down and bought a small TPLink 5Ghz wifi router (The old GLinet router was 2.4Ghz only.) and that immediately solved my problem.
Just something to keep in the back of your mind if you are trying to do something similar and run into this issue.
Greg M.~ "Ad Astra per Aspera"
Scopes: Celestron EdgeHD14", Explore Scientific ED152CF & ED127 APO's, StellarVue SV70T, Classic Orange-Tube C-8, Lunt 80mm Ha double-stack solar scope.
Mounts: Astro-Physics Mach One, iOptron CEM70EC Mount, iOptron ZEQ25 Mount.
Cameras: ZWO ASI2600mm Pro, ZWO 2600MC Pro, ZWO ASI1600mm
Filters: 36mm Chroma LRGB & 3nm Ha, OIII, SII, L-Pro, L-eXtreme
Eyepieces: 27mm TeleVue Panoptic, 4mm TeleVue Radian, Explore Scientific 82° 30mm, 6.7mm , Baader 13mm Hyperion, Explore Scientific 70° 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, Meade 8.8mm UWA
Software: N.I.N.A., SharpCapPro, PixInsight, PhotoShop CC, Phd2, Stellarium
https://www.nevadadesertskies.com