Celestron Starsense issues

Discuss any astro equipment that does not have its own forum, such as focusers, finders, chairs, etc.
Ben Cartwright SASS
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Celestron Starsense issues

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

I have a Starsense for my Skywatcher EQ6R it has been working fine and I have used it for solar, however at some point I had lost alignment (probably moved the mount manually) and haven't had clear skies to redo the alignment and parking and hiberation.
Today I went to shoot the sun I turned on the mount and waited for the starsense to sync up, suddenly it started moving in RA about 100 degrees, didn't move in DEC and the scope almost ended up in my lap. It wouldn't stop no matter what I did so I turned off the mount.

They I set it to Solar rate and moved it by the hand control to the sun and was imaging and 2 times it suddenly started to move about 15 degrees each time, it would do 15 deg and then 15 deg and stop,

I am not sure what is causing this, my thought is that it is because it isn't aligned and it is angry... When It is aligned I can tell it to go to the sun and it does.

any ideas?

I am on hold for Hi-Point Tech support
I might not always be right but I am never wrong, once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken...

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59
Free advice is seldom cheap

"Sometimes having is not so pleasing as wanting, it's not logical but it is true"
Commander Spock

Canon DSLR's R7, R6II, 5D, 7D2, 90D 21 lenses incl. 100-400L mk ii, 70-200L mk iii f/2.8, RF600/11
Lunt LS50 DS, LS80 DS, Lunt 102ED, Stellarvue SV80 APO, Orion ST80, 127 MAK, Skywatcher Evostar 120ED, 102 MAK, Celestron 8" Edge HD, 102AZ
Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro
ZWO ASI071MC-cool, ASI174mm, ASI174mm-cool, ASI178MC-cool, ASI290 mini, ASI120MM-S, ASI120MC Revolution Player One mm (178 chip)