Question about Celestron CPWI software

Discuss any astro equipment that does not have its own forum, such as focusers, finders, chairs, etc.
Agnes
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

Question about Celestron CPWI software

Post by Agnes »

Hi Everybody,

I would like to ask if there is somebody who has experience using the Celestron CPWI software with the Star Sense alignment camera?
I bought the camera a few weeks ago and used it first with an app on my tablet and with the hand control. Worked very good, no problems at all.
Because I prefer to use only my laptop to control all equipment, I downloaded the software of Celestron. A few days ago finally I had a chance to use them together, but it was one big disaster: Star Sense did not react properly, it was using only the northern part of the sky, I got weird error message etc. After a lot of restarting and trying, finally got an alignment, with too high errors (in one point around 2.5 arc min)
After this failed attempt I updated start sense's firmware, unfortunately due to clouds and rain no chance since than to try if it helped.

My question is: could somebody give an explanation what exactly "Enc", "LST" and "Error" means for the alignment?:

" Pointing model Information
# RA Dec Enc0 Enc1 LST Error
.... "

I have a Celestron AltAz mount. What would be the acceptable error for this type of mount?

I tried to find something on internet and on this forum without any luck. I am new here, apologize if I missed something or if I am not phrasing my question clear :)

Clear skies!

Agnes
Voyageur
Orion Spur Ambassador

Re: Question about Celestron CPWI software

Post by Voyageur »

Agnes, I can’t answer your question, but it might help to state exactly which Celestron mount you have. In fact, maybe asking your question in the Celestron mount forum would be better. I think that sub-forum gets more traffic than this one.

Mary
Scopes: Vixen VMC200L, D=200mm, F=1950, f/9.75; Televue 2" Everbright diagonal. Coronado PST; AstroTech EDT 80mm, F=480, f/6.
Mounts: Vixen SXW/Starbook (original); Stellarvue M2C alt-az.
Eyepieces: Televue: 55mm Plossl, 22mm Panoptic, 17.3mm Delos, 13mm Nagler, c. 1980, 11mm Plossl, 7mm Nagler, 5mm Radian; Meade 15mm Super Plossl; VERNONSCOPE 2.4X BARLOW
Binoculars: Leica 8x32 Trinovids, circa 1997; Orion Megaview 20x80, Orion Paragon Plus mount.
Agnes
Earth Ambassador

Re: Question about Celestron CPWI software

Post by Agnes »

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that. (I have a Celestron computerized single fork arm alt-az mount.)

Agnes
Telescope: Celestron Nexstar Evolution 925, RedCat 51
Camera: Neximage10, Bresser Full HD Deep sky/Guid camera
Canon 40D (full spectrum modified), StarlightXpress Trius 694 mono
Mount: Celestron Nexstar AltAz, iOptron CEM70G
Other: Star Analyzer 100