Help needed with Pegasus UPBv2 and MiniPC connections

Discuss any astro equipment that does not have its own forum, such as focusers, finders, chairs, etc.
AstroBee United States of America
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Help needed with Pegasus UPBv2 and MiniPC connections

Post by AstroBee »

I'm hoping there's someone out there that has figured out how to do this.
I just purchased a MiniPC (NUC) and the Pegasus Astro UPBv2. I was told to use a small program called Connectify to act as a virtual router to be able to TeamViewer into the MiniPC from my laptop or tablet.
I've had no luck configuring the software to work properly and hoping someone out there is using the same setup and can talk me through it.
Willing to talk on the phone and/or allow someone to TV into the MiniPC if that's what it takes to get this going. If you can help, feel free to leave a message here or PM me directly.
The MiniPC (scope mounted) is running Win10Pro and my laptop is Win10Home.
Greg M.~ "Ad Astra per Aspera"
Scopes: Celestron EdgeHD14", Explore Scientific ED152CF & ED127 APO's, StellarVue SV70T, Classic Orange-Tube C-8, Lunt 80mm Ha double-stack solar scope.
Mounts: Astro-Physics Mach One, iOptron CEM70EC Mount, iOptron ZEQ25 Mount.
Cameras: ZWO ASI2600mm Pro, ZWO 2600MC Pro, ZWO ASI1600mm
Filters: 36mm Chroma LRGB & 3nm Ha, OIII, SII, L-Pro, L-eXtreme
Eyepieces: 27mm TeleVue Panoptic, 4mm TeleVue Radian, Explore Scientific 82° 30mm, 6.7mm , Baader 13mm Hyperion, Explore Scientific 70° 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, Meade 8.8mm UWA
Software: N.I.N.A., SharpCapPro, PixInsight, PhotoShop CC, Phd2, Stellarium
https://www.nevadadesertskies.com
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Help needed with Pegasus UPBv2 and MiniPC connections

Post by yobbo89 »

Do you absolutely require connectify? Are you doing remote access over lan or the internet?
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by AstroBee »

yobbo89 wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:01 am Do you absolutely require connectify? Are you doing remote access over lan or the internet?
I need to be able to connect in the middle of nowhere with no internet access. My understanding was that Connectify would create a "hotspot" that would allow my laptop to connect to the miniPC mounted on the scope without an internet connection.
It seemed to briefly work last night when I initially set everything up but no joy today. I know buying a mini 12v router like the GL.iNet AR150 will work as a "hardware" solution but I was hoping since I already had Connectify and according to the Pegasus website, it should do the trick.

Any suggestions?
Scopes: Celestron EdgeHD14", Explore Scientific ED152CF & ED127 APO's, StellarVue SV70T, Classic Orange-Tube C-8, Lunt 80mm Ha double-stack solar scope.
Eyepieces: 27mm TeleVue Panoptic, 4mm TeleVue Radian, Explore Scientific 82° 30mm, 6.7mm , Baader 13mm Hyperion, Explore Scientific 70° 10mm, 15mm, 20mm, Meade 8.8mm UWA

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by AstroBee »

Success!
There was a firewall blocking me. After completely turning off Windows Defender and the Firewalls (Not worried as this miniPC will never be connected to the internet now that all programs are installed and working properly.) it is working like a champ.
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 585

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Good news!
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N