ordered this eyepiece kit. What should I expect over stock?

Discuss telescope eyepieces.
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: ordered this eyepiece kit. What should I expect over stock?

Post by notFritzArgelander »

realflow100 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:24 pm I cant clean the part thats fogged up because its inside in between the lens elements not the outer top surface.
I was thinking about the eyelashes on the outside lens.....
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
realflow100 United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by realflow100 »

I can't clean it every 15 seconds thats insane.
I just need more eye relief so my eyelashes dont touch the lenses in the first place. with a deeper eye cup as well. that way I wont have to worry about it and its much more comfortable to view.
Svbony SV503 70mm ED F6 420mm FL refractor telescope (New)
Canon EOS 100D/SL1
Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-F6.3 II VC lens
canon 50mm STM F1.8
svbony 8-24mm zoom eyepiece
svbony goldline 66 degree 9mm and 6mm + 40mm plossl + 2x barlow.
svbony UHC 1.25 filter + astromania 1.25" O-3 filter + also an svbony H-B filter.
notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

realflow100 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:27 pm I can't clean it every 15 seconds thats insane.
I just need more eye relief so my eyelashes dont touch the lenses in the first place. with a deeper eye cup as well. that way I wont have to worry about it and its much more comfortable to view.
I have similar problems and I don't clean them every 15 seconds. I clean them between sessions and just put up with it during sessions. That's just me though. Your approach could well be different.

Optics are a bit of engineering science though and inexpensive, long eye relief, f4 scope? The most you can likely get out of that trio is two. All three at once is doubtful. But, hey, maybe you'll be lucky.

I'm not going to respond anymore so as to not risk developing into an argument.
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by realflow100 »

the main reason I got such a fast scope is to get maximum brightness since I live in a fairly light polluted place!
I even have a 0.5 reducer just incase I need mega-wide views to help me find some difficult-to-find object. its easy to get lost when the magnification is great.
then I progressively step up the magnification to what I need.
Canon EOS 100D/SL1
canon 50mm STM F1.8
svbony UHC 1.25 filter + astromania 1.25" O-3 filter + also an svbony H-B filter.
Refractordude
Interdicted

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Refractordude »

realflow100 wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 4:41 pm I can just return them for a refund if I find they aren't any good.
but I hope they will still be better than the stock eyepieces

I read some articles and other forums on them and they arent too bad.

my main problem really is my telescope is such a fast focal ratio that it struggles on even "good" eyepieces being F4 and 100mm aperture main issue being blurry toward the edges/coma
since most eyepieces are designed with much longer focal ratios in mind
I have all for of those eyepieces. The 6mm and 9mm have a serious blackout problem. The 6mm is no good on the moon, because of bright reflections. This is a problem even on a crescent moon. The 20mm and 15mm are good in my f8 refractor. What I love about Amazon is the return policy. They will mail or email you a return label. I advise the GSO 32mm and GSO 25mm plossls with the GSO barlow. The GSO 20mm plossl is also good if in your budget. This will give you several eyepieces. All three have good eye relief. Also barlowing an eyepiece improves edge correction. Right click the image.
Attachments
image 1.PNG
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by realflow100 »

I got the eyepieces and they are amazing. SOO BRIGHT and clear. great nice eye relief too.
Theres no detectable CA. edges of the image a kinda blurry but not in a bad way likely only because of my telescopes focal ratio being so fast.. the image quality is immensely better over the stock eyepieces.
I cant even imagine the image quality i'd see if I had a coma corrected telescope. it'd be sharp as a razor from center to edge.
I have also tested them with my camera lens eyepiece adapter. and the image quality is virtually perfect. zero CA and super sharp and clear bright image.
I can get 133x magnification adding my 2x barlow to the 6mm and achieving razor sharp planetary views

blackout/vignetting or kidney beaning is not really a problem with the rubber cups extended

Also the central obstruction is much less obvious for some reason with these eyepieces. its brighter and not as dark as my other eyepieces. seems to be less noticable too.
Canon EOS 100D/SL1
canon 50mm STM F1.8
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

If they are clones of the Orion Expanse, they should be decent for the price.
I like mine, I use them mostly at f10 but do use them in my ST80 which is f5.
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

StarBru United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by StarBru »

I own the 9mm Orion Expanse and love it. At one time it was my favorite eyepiece! I haven't used it as much since I bought a Televue 10mm Radian, though. I think I will do a comparison report soon!
Bruce

Refractors: Meade AR-5 127mm f/9.3, Meade ST-80 f/5 and Meade 60mm f/12, Jason 60mm f/15 #313, Jason 60mm f/12 #306 S7, Bushnell Sky Chief III 60mm f/15.
Reflectors/Catadioptrics: Meade 10" F/4 Schmidt-Newtonian, Galileo 120mm f/8.3 Newtonian, Meade 2045D 4" f/10 SCT, Meade ETX-90EC f/13.8 & Sarblue 60mm f/12.5 Maksutov-Cassegrains.
Mounts: Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro & Meade LXD55 Equatorial mounts, ES Twilight II and Meade 2102 ALT/AZ mounts, a modified 10" SkyQuest Dobsonian mount, various 60mm EQ mounts.
Misc: Celestron 20x80mm binoculars, Revolution II Imager/accessories, & lots of optical accessories/eyepieces.
Projects: 8" f/2.9 and 65mm f/10 reflectors, Dobson-style binocular mirror mount.