New to Forum:

Discuss telescope eyepieces.
Frank
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

New to Forum:

Post by Frank »

:sprefac: hello all. New here. Doing research on my first real telescope. Nothing fancy but awesome overall; a 6" Newt Skywatcher Classic 150P. Been researching EPs for this Newt. Read alot of artickes and posts in another forum which had some good ideas. Like a second opinion with a Doctor and well as with this I'd like other opinions as to where I am with a selection to start acquiring. Firstly I found a lot out on Telescooic Watch which helped in my decision to get the 150P along with numerous reviews elsewhere on this Newt. On the site they recommended to get basically just a 5.5mm to 6mm Gold Line and a 42mm Meade UWA along with a 2x or 2m5X Barlow. Telescooe came with stock 10mm and 25mm and they are Plsossl I believe? They work just fine.
Now the EPs I have researched that would suit this Newt just perfectly are these.
---1.25": 6mm, 15mm and 32mm with a good Barlow in 2X.
---2": 5.5mm to 6mm Gold Line or better and the Meade 42mm.
Question is; I have seen through my Newt everything listed above but the 1.25" 15mm and any 2" EPs. And some have said that the Secondary mirror is too small to accomadate a 2" 42mm EP amd have had someone explain that the Meade 42mm UWA will work in this 6" Newt because uts a Uktra Wide Angle model and the entire FOV from edge to edge is filed nicely in Meades 42mm UWA and other 42mm kind of not so much and I should not really go abive 40mm? Anyone know about or own a Meade 42mm UWA amd will it really work visually for me? And these are what I have found that I can afford being disabled:
---1.25" Vixen 6mm and 32mm. (Still researching a 15mm EP) and lastly for the 1.25" a Celestron Omni shorty 2x or 2.5x Barlow.
---2" 6mm Gold Line or any one in the 40.00 range. And the 42mm Meade UWA inless its true and that 42mm EP wont do than I will go down to researching the 32mm EP in the 2" size. Thanks and any guidence will help and yes, as said; I read any and all on EP, math formulas for determining etc. On EPs. Aware of all that. That 42mm Meade UWA tho. I'd pay the money for new, so long as others feel like Telescopic Watch might be right that even having a smaller secondary mirror that this wider 42mm will work or not? No big deal if I need to stay in the 30's mm range though. Just do not wamt to blow the money and look into the focuser to see my secondary sticking out around the edges. Lol. Thanks for reading!