email notifications for replies to threads

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
Ben Cartwright SASS
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

email notifications for replies to threads

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

I have never gotten a notification for replies to threads I start or am following. I am pretty sure I am getting PM's to my email but not for regular threads even when I make sure the follow or notification box is checked.

I may have found it, in the display notifications it was set to no even though I had changed it again last week, we will see if it lasts

ALSO

on the Review page and the TSS POD the areas with the Review and write ups on the POD are all in blackish background and black lettering so they are impossible to read
I might not always be right but I am never wrong, once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken...

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59
Free advice is seldom cheap

"Sometimes having is not so pleasing as wanting, it's not logical but it is true"
Commander Spock

Canon DSLR's R7, R6II, 5D, 7D2, 90D 21 lenses incl. 100-400L mk ii, 70-200L mk iii f/2.8, RF600/11
Lunt LS50 DS, LS80 DS, Lunt 102ED, Stellarvue SV80 APO, Orion ST80, 127 MAK, Skywatcher Evostar 120ED, 102 MAK, Celestron 8" Edge HD, 102AZ
Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro
ZWO ASI071MC-cool, ASI174mm, ASI174mm-cool, ASI178MC-cool, ASI290 mini, ASI120MM-S, ASI120MC Revolution Player One mm (178 chip)
Ben Cartwright SASS
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: email notifications for replies to threads

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

I tried several different color styles and finally found that Black allowed me to read the reviews and TSS POD.

sorry for taking up space on this forum
I might not always be right but I am never wrong, once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken...

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59
Free advice is seldom cheap

"Sometimes having is not so pleasing as wanting, it's not logical but it is true"
Commander Spock

Canon DSLR's R7, R6II, 5D, 7D2, 90D 21 lenses incl. 100-400L mk ii, 70-200L mk iii f/2.8, RF600/11
Lunt LS50 DS, LS80 DS, Lunt 102ED, Stellarvue SV80 APO, Orion ST80, 127 MAK, Skywatcher Evostar 120ED, 102 MAK, Celestron 8" Edge HD, 102AZ
Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro
ZWO ASI071MC-cool, ASI174mm, ASI174mm-cool, ASI178MC-cool, ASI290 mini, ASI120MM-S, ASI120MC Revolution Player One mm (178 chip)
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 584

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Good news. Do you have any other questions?
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
Altocumulus Scotland
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Altocumulus »

Following on; I seem to have stopped receiving notifications of posts and new threads in those areas to which I'm subscribed. I've not heard anything from the Forum for yonks. I've just browsed all my settings and they appear correct.
Just call me Geoff....

I do what I do because I can, and because I want to.
It doesn't mean I know what I'm doing :mrgreen:
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

Altocumulus wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:22 pm Following on; I seem to have stopped receiving notifications of posts and new threads in those areas to which I'm subscribed. I've not heard anything from the Forum for yonks. I've just browsed all my settings and they appear correct.
If you want to get an email notification you need to change your settings, by default the only notification you get is the red number above the little bell on the upper right side of the page.

You can find those settings under your user control panel (UCP) (little man icon in the upper right of the page). Board Preferences/Edit notification options/ then change which ever option you wish from the default "Notifications" to "email".
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Altocumulus Scotland
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Altocumulus »

Thanks Gordon, so it doesn't work for "Watched Forums?"
Just call me Geoff....

I do what I do because I can, and because I want to.
It doesn't mean I know what I'm doing :mrgreen:
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

It may be a terminolgy issue.

phpBB uses the term "subscribed" rather than 'watched'. You can subscribe to a post or topic by click the "subscribe" button in the upper left corner of the page. (you can also "unsubscribe" in the same manner).

If you post to a topic you will automatically be subscribed to that topic and can unsubscribe if you wish.

To change your notifications methods you go to the UCP (user control panel) by clicking on the little person image in the upper left of the page and select 'User Control Panel' on the left side of the panel you will see a button for manage subscriptions and manage notifications.

If you are still having a problem PM me and we can discuss further.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.