Folks posting on CN about being locked out

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
smp United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador
Articles: 0

Folks posting on CN about being locked out

Post by smp »

There is a topic over on CN where some folks are posting that they are locked out and clearing cookies does not work for them.
The topic is here: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6916 ... try9934395
In the interest of minimizing the bad PR, I suggest someone who knows about this issue and is also a member on CN could be helpful to these folks by posting information or advice in that topic.

smp
Stephen
- - - - -
Telescopes: Questar 3.5 Standard SN 18-11421; Stellina (EAA)
Solar: Thousand Oaks white light filter; Daystar Quark (chromosphere) Hα filter
Mounts: Explore Scientific Twilight I; Majestic heavy duty tripod
Local Club: New Hampshire Astronomical Society
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Folks posting on CN about being locked out

Post by yobbo89 »

Thanks for the details,i have an cn account and it has been months since i've logged in!. i might see how things are going.
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

Richard South Africa
Milky Way Ambassador

Post by Richard »

Just went over there and did 2 posts , no problem , I have never had any issues with CN its a well run site
Reflectors GSO 200 Dobs
Refractors None
SCT C5 on a SLT mount
Mak 150 Bosma on a EQ5
stewe

Post by stewe »

When I registered to CN, I wrote a single introductory post (like: "Hi, I'm Steve, happy to be here, folks!") and then I got BANNED immediately. I have never got answer from the admins to my complaints about it.
Told to myself, whatta hell, registered again with another nickname. Haven't introduced myself, haven't gotten banned this time around, either :-P
But I'm more like a passive reader over there because too many people have a too high "excitation level" to my taste.
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

Richard wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:46 pm Just went over there and did 2 posts , no problem , I have never had any issues with CN its a well run site
I think there is a mis-understanding. Folks are posting on CN about not being able to log into TSS.
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro

Post by smp »

UlteriorModem wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:02 pm I think there is a mis-understanding. Folks are posting on CN about not being able to log into TSS.
Indeed! Please do not make this another complain-about-CN thread. Folks are posting on CN that they've been locked out of TSS, and I'm concerned that TSS will get bad PR from that. If someone who knows how to fix the login issue (I have not had this issue with my Mac and Safari) can go over and make posts to assist those folks, or send PMs to them with assistance, that would be great.

This is the specific topic: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6916 ... try9934395

smp
Stephen
- - - - -
Voyageur
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Voyageur »

smp wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:29 pm
UlteriorModem wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:02 pm I think there is a mis-understanding. Folks are posting on CN about not being able to log into TSS.
Indeed! Please do not make this another complain-about-CN thread. Folks are posting on CN that they've been locked out of TSS, and I'm concerned that TSS will get bad PR from that. If someone who knows how to fix the login issue (I have not had this issue with my Mac and Safari) can go over and make posts to assist those folks, or send PMs to them with assistance, that would be great.

This is the specific topic: https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6916 ... try9934395

smp
Yes, they have already been well and truly bashed thanks to my rant. This is an opportunity to be nice instead and help CN members who can't log in here. The important thing to communicate is that the problem has been fixed here, and hopefully won't recur, but users still have to manage to find a way back here by clearing things on their end.
Scopes: Vixen VMC200L, D=200mm, F=1950, f/9.75; Televue 2" Everbright diagonal. Coronado PST; AstroTech EDT 80mm, F=480, f/6.
Mounts: Vixen SXW/Starbook (original); Stellarvue M2C alt-az.
Eyepieces: Televue: 55mm Plossl, 22mm Panoptic, 17.3mm Delos, 13mm Nagler, c. 1980, 11mm Plossl, 7mm Nagler, 5mm Radian; Meade 15mm Super Plossl; VERNONSCOPE 2.4X BARLOW
Binoculars: Leica 8x32 Trinovids, circa 1997; Orion Megaview 20x80, Orion Paragon Plus mount.
bladekeeper

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bladekeeper »

Stephen, I am sending PMs to Bruce and John right now. Thanks for the heads up, sir!

EDIT: [mention]smp[/mention] Stephen, I've sent PM's to both Bruce and John and have added a post to the thread. I hope I was playing within the CN TOS on that. Please feel free to tweak my post if necessary.
Bryan
Scopes: Apertura AD12 f/5; Celestron C6-R f/8; ES AR127 f/6.4; Stellarvue SV102T f/7; iOptron MC90 f/13.3; Orion ST80A f/5; ES ED80 f/6; Celestron Premium 80 f/11.4; Celestron C80 f/11.4; Unitron Model 142 f/16; Meade NG60 f/10
Mounts: Celestron AVX; Bresser EXOS-2; ES Twilight I; ES Twilight II; iOptron Cube-G; AZ3/wood tripod; Vixen Polaris
Binoculars: Pentax PCF WP II 10×50, Bresser Corvette 10×50, Bresser Hunter 16×50 and 8×40, Garrett Gemini 12×60 LW, Gordon 10×50, Apogee 20×100

Post by smp »

Thanks very much, Bryan!
Hopefully, this will solve the issue for those folks. I certainly don’t want TSS to get any negative PR if at all possible.
Yeah, dancing around the perception of inviting folks to another site, but at least so far I think it’s been seen as just advice.
PMs were the right way to go.
Stephen
- - - - -
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1044

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Post by Gordon »

Thanks for jumping in and responding Bryan!

And thanks Stephen for the 'heads up'.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

bladekeeper

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bladekeeper »

I've recieved confirmation from both of these members that they are now able to log on to TSS. :)

Thanks again for the heads up, Stephen! :)
Bryan
Scopes: Apertura AD12 f/5; Celestron C6-R f/8; ES AR127 f/6.4; Stellarvue SV102T f/7; iOptron MC90 f/13.3; Orion ST80A f/5; ES ED80 f/6; Celestron Premium 80 f/11.4; Celestron C80 f/11.4; Unitron Model 142 f/16; Meade NG60 f/10
Mounts: Celestron AVX; Bresser EXOS-2; ES Twilight I; ES Twilight II; iOptron Cube-G; AZ3/wood tripod; Vixen Polaris
Binoculars: Pentax PCF WP II 10×50, Bresser Corvette 10×50, Bresser Hunter 16×50 and 8×40, Garrett Gemini 12×60 LW, Gordon 10×50, Apogee 20×100

Post by smp »

bladekeeper wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:57 pm I've recieved confirmation from both of these members that they are now able to log on to TSS. :)

Thanks again for the heads up, Stephen! :)
Thanks a million for helping out with this, Bryan!

smp
Stephen
- - - - -
Lola Bruce United States of America
Moon Ambassador

Post by Lola Bruce »

I was one, thanks Blade Keeper

Bruce
Stuart United States of America
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Stuart »

Hi,
I still am not able to log in using Chrome. I cleared my browser cookies and I still got an invalid form. I am logging in with IE now. Is there a way to get chrome to work?
Stuart
Personal equipment: TEC 140 F7 on Astro-Physics Mach 1 mount. Camera QSI 683ws7. Guide with Vario guiding scope
Shared equipment through Star Shadows Remote Observatory through PROMPT/ CTIO/Chile 16" RCOS 16803 chip
Shared equipment through San Diego Astronomy Society 14" RC with 16803 chip on a paramount
Software (for my stuff) PemPRO, SGP, PHD, Focus Boss, ASCOM, and Pixinsight on the other end.
bladekeeper

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bladekeeper »

Stuart wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:36 am Hi,
I still am not able to log in using Chrome. I cleared my browser cookies and I still got an invalid form. I am logging in with IE now. Is there a way to get chrome to work?
Stuart
Stuart, you really gotta dig in and search out the specific TSS cookies in Chrome. Should be about 15 or so in there. Just delete all those under the TSS heading in the list of cookies, close the browser and bring it back up. See what that does for you. :)
Bryan

notFritzArgelander
In Memory
In Memory

TSS Awards Badges

Post by notFritzArgelander »

stewe wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:51 pm When I registered to CN, I wrote a single introductory post (like: "Hi, I'm Steve, happy to be here, folks!") and then I got BANNED immediately. I have never got answer from the admins to my complaints about it.
Told to myself, whatta hell, registered again with another nickname. Haven't introduced myself, haven't gotten banned this time around, either :-P
But I'm more like a passive reader over there because too many people have a too high "excitation level" to my taste.
I never got banned. Probably because I never posted. :)
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: AWB 130mm, f5, Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker IV, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5
Stuart United States of America
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Stuart »

bladekeeper wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:47 am
Stuart wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:36 am Hi,
Stuart
Stuart, you really gotta dig in and search out the specific TSS cookies in Chrome. Should be about 15 or so in there. Just delete all those under the TSS heading in the list of cookies, close the browser and bring it back up. See what that does for you. :)
Yup, that worked. Thanks
Personal equipment: TEC 140 F7 on Astro-Physics Mach 1 mount. Camera QSI 683ws7. Guide with Vario guiding scope
Shared equipment through Star Shadows Remote Observatory through PROMPT/ CTIO/Chile 16" RCOS 16803 chip
Shared equipment through San Diego Astronomy Society 14" RC with 16803 chip on a paramount
Software (for my stuff) PemPRO, SGP, PHD, Focus Boss, ASCOM, and Pixinsight on the other end.