"Gotta tell somebody !"

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
Don Quixote
Articles: 0

"Gotta tell somebody !"

Post by Don Quixote »

Thank you Gordon, Bryan, and all you wonderful Moderators who had a part in standing this forum on its feet. I have been enjoying this more that I can say.

My activity on AF had been discouraged by circumstance there.

Here I have sorta gone nuts. 😊

I am enjoying interacting with everyone.

The wonderful AP post, the observing reports, the general discussions and exchanges of information, and the many very helpfull posts that nFA puts up are my delight.
I have received many heloful and instructive PM .

I am spending most of my daylight hours caring for my declining mother and the forum is my friend.

This post will be my 1001th post since joining on May 11.

Thank you all.
Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: "Gotta tell somebody !"

Post by Thefatkitty »

Well, you just gotta like that post :D I enjoy it all as well, especially seeing just how far I can wrap my head around nFA's posts :lol: Anything past a merger of two neutron stars and I'm so lost....

I as well enjoy reading your posts Mark, always fun to hear what you (and even Henry) are up to. I did almost have a stroke when I first saw your beardless avatar; I believe even JT made a post wondering what happened to Mark....:lol:

Funny, I just came in from shaping and welding the legs onto your forthcoming creation. I played hookey from work today, cough, cough... I'm sure the teenage daughter unit will be up soon (it's almost 2:30PM here!) and she can finish it off. I just needed a break from the noisy jackhammers down the street and came in and read this.

Sorry to hear about your mother; I was hoping things were going better. Good thing that she has you & Bonnie though.

All the best, and I bet it won't be long until post 2000!
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4 & AZ-EQ5 mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.

Oh yeah, and Solar Cycle 25 :D
Lady Fraktor Slovakia
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

Post by Lady Fraktor »

Sorry to hear about the family situation Mark, my now limited time on forum does not leave a lot of time for long postings bu I am trying to catch up on things.
nFA is posting way to fast for me to keep up though! I have just started downloading links to read later :lol:
See Far Sticks: Antares Elita 103/1575, AOM FLT 105/1000, Bresser BV 127/1200, Nočný stopár 152/1200, Vyrobené doma 70/700, Stellarvue NHNG DX 80/552, TAL RS100/1000, Vixen SD115s/885
EQ: TAL MT-1, Vixen SXP, AXJ, AXD
Az/Alt: AYO Digi II/ Argo Navis, Stellarvue M2C/ Argo Navis
Tripods: Berlebach Planet (2), Uni 28 Astro, Report 372, TAL factory maple, Vixen ASG-CB90, Vixen AXD-TR102
Diagonals: Astro-Physics, Baader Amici, Baader Herschel, iStar Blue, Stellarvue DX, Takahashi prism, TAL, Vixen flip mirror
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
The only culture I have is from yogurt
My day was going well until... people
Bigzmey United States of America
Articles: 8

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Bigzmey »

Hear hear! Congrats on your 1000 posts. We love to have you here. Sorry to hear about your mom, hang in there!
Scopes: Stellarvue: SV102ED; Celestron: 9.25" EdgeHD, 8" SCT, 150ST, Onyx 80ED; iOptron: Hankmeister 6" Mak; SW: 7" Mak; Meade: 80ST.
Mounts: SW: SkyTee2, AzGTi; iOptron: AZMP; ES: Twilight I; Bresser: EXOS2; UA: MicroStar.
Binos: APM: 100-90 APO; Canon: IS 15x50; Orion: Binoviewer, LG II 15x70, WV 10x50, Nikon: AE 16x50, 10x50, 8x40.
EPs: Pentax: XWs & XFs; TeleVue: Delites, Panoptic & Plossls; ES: 68, 62; Vixen: SLVs; Baader: BCOs, Aspherics, Mark IV.
Diagonals: Baader: BBHS mirror, Zeiss Spec T2 prism, Clicklock dielectric; TeleVue: Evebrite dielectric; AltairAstro: 2" prism.
Filters: Lumicon: DeepSky, UHC, OIII, H-beta; Baader: Moon & SkyGlow, Contrast Booster, UHC-S, 6-color set; Astronomik: UHC.

Observing: DSOs: 3106 (Completed: Messier, Herschel 1, 2, 3. In progress: H2,500: 2180, S110: 77). Doubles: 2382, Comets: 34, Asteroids: 255
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 585

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Glad that you are really enjoying the forum Mark. I have also been weaned from the other forum over the past few months - I used to post lots of stuff over there. Now we are growing at a steady pace here and the future looks pretty bright. Last year I also spent about 6 months looking after my father who was in the last stages of a battle with lung cancer, he passed away in November but that also left a lot of work related to the estate and finances which took up a lot of time until this June when everything was mostly squared away....now I have time to read NFA's posted articles in their entirety.
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
JayTee United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by JayTee »

Hi Mark,

Congrats on reaching the 1,000 post mark. Sorry to hear about your current responsibilities but I'm afraid it's something most of us go through. I am currently doing the very same thing for my 93 year-old mother.

On a heavier note, I'm basically a coward because I stay away from nFA's posts because I know they're going to cause my head pain!

Congrats again,
JT
∞ Primary Scopes: #1: Celestron CPC1100 #2: 8" f/7.5 Dob #3: CR150HD f/8 6" frac
∞ AP Scopes: #1: TPO 6" f/9 RC #2: ES 102 f/7 APO #3: ES 80mm f/6 APO
∞ G&G Scopes: #1: Meade 102mm f/7.8 #2: Bresser 102mm f/4.5
∞ Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs -- The El Cheapo Bros.
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM70AG, SW EQ6, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: #1: ZWO ASI294MC Pro #2: 662MC #3: 120MC, Canon T3i, Orion SSAG, WYZE Cam3
∞ Binos: 10X50,11X70,15X70, 25X100
∞ EPs: ES 2": 21mm 100° & 30mm 82° Pentax XW: 7, 10, 14, & 20mm 70°

Searching the skies since 1966. "I never met a scope I didn't want to keep."

Don Quixote

Post by Don Quixote »

JayTee wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:35 pm Hi Mark,

Congrats on reaching the 1,000 post mark. Sorry to hear about your current responsibilities but I'm afraid it's something most of us go through. I am currently doing the very same thing for my 93 year-old mother.

On a heavier note, I'm basically a coward because I stay away from nFA's posts because I know they're going to cause my head pain!

Congrats again,
JT
Yes this is part of living. My mother is also 93 and I am hsppy to serve her in this way. It is the least I can do. 😊

As to the nFA posts there have been many that speak to particular sky objects and I have found these to be very helpful to me. They are educational in a way that is reachable to my rather limited maths and physics knowledge. They have lead me to follow the subject to the result of my growing in understsnding if some of these objects.
I do not pretend to understand all of the fine astrophysics threads that are posted, but I wanted to remark on this because it HAS been helpful to me.

If you read this nFA, thank you.

I do not mean to put you on the spot, but I know that you put your knowledge and effort into this for our benefit.

Anyway. Thats my 2 cents.
Ylem United States of America
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

I just noticed a thread about us on Cranky Nights :) bet the mods will shut it down.
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Celestron C5, 6SE, Celestar 8
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters
:D

helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 585

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Ylem wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:20 pm I just noticed a thread about us on Cranky Nights :) bet the mods will shut it down.
Hmmm. We are doing much better in the search engine rankings because of various seo things going on in the background and folks finding out about TSS...It's interesting that CN would comment on us. Plus, many folks are heading over from AF.net.
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
bladekeeper
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bladekeeper »

Bryan
Scopes: Apertura AD12 f/5; Celestron C6-R f/8; ES AR127 f/6.4; Stellarvue SV102T f/7; iOptron MC90 f/13.3; Orion ST80A f/5; ES ED80 f/6; Celestron Premium 80 f/11.4; Celestron C80 f/11.4; Unitron Model 142 f/16; Meade NG60 f/10
Mounts: Celestron AVX; Bresser EXOS-2; ES Twilight I; ES Twilight II; iOptron Cube-G; AZ3/wood tripod; Vixen Polaris
Binoculars: Pentax PCF WP II 10×50, Bresser Corvette 10×50, Bresser Hunter 16×50 and 8×40, Garrett Gemini 12×60 LW, Gordon 10×50, Apogee 20×100

Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

Yep, that's it, I'm thinking the mods might shut it down, they think they are the centre of the universe.
Clear Skies,

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters

Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

Ylem wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:48 pm Yep, that's it, I'm thinking the mods might shut it down, they think they are the centre of the universe.
Well that certainly didn't take long.....
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

bladekeeper
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bladekeeper »

Gordon wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:49 pm
Ylem wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:48 pm Yep, that's it, I'm thinking the mods might shut it down, they think they are the centre of the universe.
Well that certainly didn't take long.....
:lol: Nope!

Well, if it helps, the OP of that thread is a new sign up on TSS. :D
Bryan
Scopes: Apertura AD12 f/5; Celestron C6-R f/8; ES AR127 f/6.4; Stellarvue SV102T f/7; iOptron MC90 f/13.3; Orion ST80A f/5; ES ED80 f/6; Celestron Premium 80 f/11.4; Celestron C80 f/11.4; Unitron Model 142 f/16; Meade NG60 f/10
Mounts: Celestron AVX; Bresser EXOS-2; ES Twilight I; ES Twilight II; iOptron Cube-G; AZ3/wood tripod; Vixen Polaris
Binoculars: Pentax PCF WP II 10×50, Bresser Corvette 10×50, Bresser Hunter 16×50 and 8×40, Garrett Gemini 12×60 LW, Gordon 10×50, Apogee 20×100

Ozypic
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Ozypic »

Congratulations Mark on your 1001 posts. All the very best to you. Its great that you can give your time to your mum . We all know the cost of that commitment. Phill
Phill. Dreaming of Clear Skys .... :D :D :D
SCOPE : Skywatcher 120X600 ST Achromatic Refractor. 
EP's : 25mm & 10mm Plossl , Celestron 8/24mm Zoom EP,
Filters : Solar filter, Badder Fringe Killer & Moon/Skyglow. 
MOUNT : Skywatcher Star Discovery goto Mount.
CAMERAS : ZWO 120 asi MC. / Sony HX400V 50X Zoom.
Binoculars : Saxon 10x50
Universal Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Ylem »

Guess what?
That CN thread is back up!
Looks like it was never edited or anything.
Someone had a change of heart over there I guess.
Clear Skies,

Member; ASTRA-NJ

Orion 80ED
Vixen Porta Mount ll
Coronado PST
A big box of Plossls
Little box of filters

Burris
Jupiter Ambassador

Post by Burris »

Congrats Mark, always enjoy your posts.Went thru the same thing with my Mom a couple years ago. She told me not to grieve. As she put it,"I have lived well beyond my three score and ten, I had a good run!" My prayers are with you, God bless your Mom. Bill