A couple of things....

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

A couple of things....

Post by Gordon »

First off thanks to our TEAM members!!! I had a situation come up yesterday with my local area internet service. The main fiber-optic cable was accidentally cut and the entire county was without internet service. While I'm not totally addicted to the internet, it did prevent me from doing my 'normal' stuff for the forum. The TEAM stepped up and made sure things kept running as normal so thanks to all of TEAM for their help.

Secondly,
As I had mentioned a few days ago, we have made just a few changes in our image posting. We are now using a Lightbox extension which will automatically reduce the size of the display image so it fits the computer screen better (re: less scrolling to see the image). If you click on the image it will show the original size that was posted. After a couple of 'tweeks' this morning to fix the 'sun spot' and APOD image sizes on the portal it appears it's working well. Now to the change that our image posters may see. We have set a 5 mb limit on image attachments that are uploaded to TSS. While the great majority of members will never hit that limit, we felt it was necessary to make sure that we are not hogging up disc space (which we are paying for!) unnecessarily.

Hope everyone understands the necessity for doing this.

Thanks again for all your support!!
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Ozypic
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

Re: A couple of things....

Post by Ozypic »

That should be good Roger. Most of my pics are small or around 4 mb so Ill give it a try. Its always a hassle downsizing to get under 200kb.
So you say We are paying for our bandwidth, I'm not paying , am I missing something ?
Thanks a lot... Phill
Phill. Dreaming of Clear Skys .... :D :D :D
SCOPE : Skywatcher 120X600 ST Achromatic Refractor. 
EP's : 25mm & 10mm Plossl , Celestron 8/24mm Zoom EP,
Filters : Solar filter, Badder Fringe Killer & Moon/Skyglow. 
MOUNT : Skywatcher Star Discovery goto Mount.
CAMERAS : ZWO 120 asi MC. / Sony HX400V 50X Zoom.
Binoculars : Saxon 10x50
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: A couple of things....

Post by Gordon »

Ozypic wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:24 pm That should be good Roger. Most of my pics are small or around 4 mb so Ill give it a try. Its always a hassle downsizing to get under 200kb.
So you say We are paying for our bandwidth, I'm not paying , am I missing something ?
Thanks a lot... Phill
We as in the TEAM.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.