New buttons to play with!

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
KingClinton
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

New buttons to play with!

Post by KingClinton »

You may have noticed two new icons on the lower right of each post, these are the Twitter and Facebook icons.

You can use these to quickly and easily share a post or topic from TSS to these platforms. So now you can share your favourite images or topics with your family and friends on these social media platforms.
Give them a try and let us know if you have any questions. :D
Eyeballs, binoculars, sketch box, Scopes n stuff.
Some people don't understand why I love astronomy so much, I cannot understand why they do not!

Arsene37
Jupiter Ambassador

Re: New buttons to play with!

Post by Arsene37 »

Hello !
Well noticed ! Many thanks !
Arsène
Petzval quadruplet 152/760 on iOptron CEM25P — XX12 Orion Skyquest — 5.5" Celestron Comet Catcher (40 years old) — Perl-Vixen 130 mm/720 mm EQ — 8 mmm, 17mm and 31 mm aspheric Hyperion — BST Explorer ED 5 mm — Baader MPCC II — Leica EP 20x-60x — 2x Barlow — TS Optics Binoculars 20x80 Triplet.
Greenman Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Greenman »

Neat addition👍
Cheers,

Tony.

Smart Scope: Dwarf II - Club and outreach work.

AP Refractor: Altair 72EDF Deluxe F6;1x & 0.8 Flatteners; Antares Versascope 60mm finder. ASIAir Pro.Li battery pack for grab & go.

Celestron AVX Mount; X-cel LX eyepieces & Barlows 2x 3x, ZWO 2” Filter holder,

Cameras: main DSO ASI533MC; DSO guide ASI120MM; Planetary ASI224MC; DSLR Canon EOS100 stock.

Filters: Astronomik IR cut; Optolong L-Pro; Optolong L-Enhance.

Binoculars: Celestron 15 x 70.

Latitude: 52.219853
Longitude: -1.034471
Accuracy: 5 m
Bortle 4 site. https://maps.google.com/?q=52.21985,-1.03447

Butterfly Maiden Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

I don't use any Social Media apps, but a great idea for those who do.
Vanessa

Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Leica 8x32BN binoculars.
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

Good idea Clinton!

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
bobharmony
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bobharmony »

I have to decide whether I like the idea that someone can easily put my stuff on social media. I use some of it, but I like to control my content as much as possible.

Bob
Hardware: Celestron C6-N w/ Advanced GTmount, Baader MK iii CC, Orion ST-80, Canon 60D (unmodded), Nikon D5300 (modded), Orion SSAG
Software: BYE, APT, PHD2, DSS, PhotoShop CC 2020, StarTools, Cartes du Ciel, AstroTortilla

smp United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

Post by smp »

I saw those, but since I do not personally use social media, they won't be of use for me.
I know that I'm an old fogey, though, and the addition of these features are necessary to assist our members in keeping well connected.
Many thanks, once again, for the active maintenance and updating that goes on here on this site by all the Admins & Mods!

smp
Stephen
- - - - -
Telescopes: Questar 3.5 Standard SN 18-11421; Stellina (EAA)
Solar: Thousand Oaks white light filter; Daystar Quark (chromosphere) Hα filter
Mounts: Explore Scientific Twilight I; Majestic heavy duty tripod
Local Club: New Hampshire Astronomical Society
rocdoc
Moon Ambassador

Post by rocdoc »

Very cool, thanks!
Properly collimated cornea-lens-vitreous optical apparatus, projecting on retinal sensor slightly limited by deuteranomaly, feeding through stock optic nerves into functional primary cortex, processed through frequently misfiring and buggy integrative cortex.
Other instruments: Skyline 8" Dobsonian, on a dob pod; Celestron Omni XLT 120 w GSO crayford focuser and Meade 5000 diagonal on Stellarvue M2C mount and Meade LX70 tripod; Oberwerk Binos: 25x100 Deluxe IF on Benro tripod with Oberwerk 5000 head or Farpoint parallelogram; 10x50 Ultra, usually on 3 Legged Thing Punks Trent monopod with Dolica trigger grip head; 8x42 Sport ED hand held. Main EPs: ES 82º 24mm and 11mm, Celestron Luminos 19mm and 10mm, Meade UWA 14mm, Meade HD-60 6.5mm. Filters: UHC, 13%, blue. Finders: RACI, Telrad, RDF, reticle.
Buckethead 2.0
Milky Way Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

I am like a couple others that posted above. I quit social media some time ago. But I do appreciate the fact that the people keeping this forum going strong are once again, working on this to make it an even better place to be.

In reference to [mention]bobharmony[/mention] 's point, maybe it might be a good idea for people that want to post another person's post to ask their permission via PM or email first? I think it is, anyway. Just my :twocents: .
~Eric
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

Social media is a double edged sword.

Keeping in mind that ANYONE can see what is being posted on TSS, things we post are not 'private'. With that being said, in order for anyone to post to TSS they must be a member. So we still have the same level of privacy on TSS as we ever did. But now we can promote TSS by including posts such as our daily TSS APOD on social media to help promote our forum and the hobby to others. Including a younger generation!

I'm running the TSS facebook page and Clinton (KingClinton) is running the Twitter TSS feed. So the majority of the outgoing content is getting created by the two of us.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

KingNothing13 United States of America

TSS Awards Badges

Post by KingNothing13 »

Gordon wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:03 pm Social media is a double edged sword.

Keeping in mind that ANYONE can see what is being posted on TSS, things we post are not 'private'. With that being said, in order for anyone to post to TSS they must be a member. So we still have the same level of privacy on TSS as we ever did. But now we can promote TSS by including posts such as our daily TSS APOD on social media to help promote our forum and the hobby to others. Including a younger generation!

I'm running the TSS facebook page and Clinton (KingClinton) is running the Twitter TSS feed. So the majority of the outgoing content is getting created by the two of us.
I am following the TSS Twitter - didn't realize there was a FB page too. I will have to "like" it.
-- Brett

Scope: Apertura AD10 with Nexus II with 8192/716000 Step Encoders
EPs: ES 82* 18mm, 11mm, 6.7mm; GSO 30mm
Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars
List Counts: Messier: 75; Herschel 400: 30; Caldwell: 12; AL Carbon Star List: 16
Brett's Carbon Star Hunt

Site Admin
Site Admin

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

I have disabled the extension temporarily.

Yes both our Twitter accounts and Facebook accounts have been up and running for a while if anyone is interested.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC

bobharmony
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bobharmony »

Thanks, Gordon. I do tend to forget that "once it's out there, it's out there". Your gentle reminder is a good thing. I wasn't looking to have the buttons removed, just expressing an opinion.

The ability to publicize TSS is also healthy for the growth of our hobby. Please forgive an old curmudgeon who needs to pull his head out of the sand.

Bob
Hardware: Celestron C6-N w/ Advanced GTmount, Baader MK iii CC, Orion ST-80, Canon 60D (unmodded), Nikon D5300 (modded), Orion SSAG
Software: BYE, APT, PHD2, DSS, PhotoShop CC 2020, StarTools, Cartes du Ciel, AstroTortilla

Site Admin
Site Admin

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

bobharmony wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:32 pm

Thanks, Gordon. I do tend to forget that "once it's out there, it's out there". Your gentle reminder is a good thing. I wasn't looking to have the buttons removed, just expressing an opinion.

The ability to publicize TSS is also healthy for the growth of our hobby. Please forgive an old curmudgeon who needs to pull his head out of the sand.

Bob
There’s a bit more to it. I overstepped. So it’s been removed for now.
Gordon
ZWO mini guider.