Links repository idea

If you find a problem or you just want to tell us how great this forum is, post it here!!!
(We do listen!)
Buckethead 2.0
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0

Links repository idea

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

This is essentially to [mention]Gordon[/mention] , or any of the moderators, but anyone can chime in. Would it be possible for there to be a sticky thread or subforum entry for links that we can all share and access?

My thought is, I don't always back up links and sometimes need to search for them. Would it grow too big to fast? Or is it doable in such a way, like moderator approval before adding it to the repository, so that it doesn't get too unwieldy? Any thoughts?

*Yes, I know, I usually try to save all useful links. But I'm also thinking of new members or even veterans who might need a certain type of link. It might even cut down on open threads if there was a one stop shopping place. Just a thought.
~Eric
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: Links repository idea

Post by Gordon »

Thanks for your suggestion.

I don't think creating any kind of topic repository is going to work. Right now we use 'Stickies' when we feel a topic has merit.

If you want to organize YOUR favorites, I would suggest using the 'bookmarks' feature.

In the upper left of each topic is a wrench with a drop down arrow (note this is using the default black style, it might be different if you are using a different board style). If you click on the drop down it will give you an option to "Book Mark topic". Click on it to book mark the topic.

To view and manage your bookmarks go to the UCP (click on the little man in the upper right side of the page and select "User Control Panel". On the left side of the UCP is a "Manage Bookmarks" button. Click it and you will see the options.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Buckethead 2.0
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Ok, sounds good Gordon. Thank you. :D
~Eric
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

Just as a reminder to all our members.

The FAQ area (the question mark at the top of the page.) has a lot of good suggestions. Take some time to read through it there's a lot of features of the phpBB software that are hard to find.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.