New ability to "multi quote".

Here's some of the tips & tricks of using our forum.
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

New ability to "multi quote".

Post by Gordon »

We have added a new extension to the forum. By clicking on the 'double talk' bubble on the right side of each post, you can capture that post and quote it (and multiple posts) to your new post.

Here's a better explanation that I can give:
This extension enables you to highlight (select) parts of posts and quote only that highlighted part. It works similar to the quoting function in the topic review when you are on the posting page.
Once you have selected a part of a post, a floating quote button appears near your cursor. Clicking that new button does the magic. When quick reply is enabled, the quote BBcode is inserted in the QR textarea. Otherwise, you'll be taken to the posting.php page just like with hitting the regular quote button but with only the highlighted part of the post.

A second feature is multi-quoting. You can tick a new multiquote button on each post. When you have selected one or more posts to quote, a floating quote button appears in the bottom right corner. Clicking that button takes you to the posting screen as with regular quoting but now you have multiple posts quoted in your message textarea.

The multi-quote option works over multiple pages in a topic and even multiple topics.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

yobbo89 Australia
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: New ability to "multi quote".

Post by yobbo89 »

Gordon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:44 pm We have added a new extension to the forum. By clicking on the 'double talk' bubble on the right side of each post, you can capture that post and quote it (and multiple posts) to your new post.

This extension enables you to highlight (select) parts of posts and quote only that highlighted part. It works similar to the quoting function in the topic review when you are on the posting page.
Once you have selected a part of a post, a floating quote button appears near your cursor. Clicking that new button does the magic. When quick reply is enabled, the quote BBcode is inserted in the QR textarea. Otherwise, you'll be taken to the posting.php page just like with hitting the regular quote button but with only the highlighted part of the post.

A second feature is multi-quoting. You can tick a new multiquote button on each post. When you have selected one or more posts to quote, a floating quote button appears in the bottom right corner. Clicking that button takes you to the posting screen as with regular quoting but now you have multiple posts quoted in your message textarea.

The multi-quote option works over multiple pages in a topic and even multiple topics.
someone quote my quote
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

Thefatkitty Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Thefatkitty »

yobbo89 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:04 pm
Gordon wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:44 pm We have added a new extension to the forum. By clicking on the 'double talk' bubble on the right side of each post, you can capture that post and quote it (and multiple posts) to your new post.

someone quote my quote
Seems to work, but it took a bit to find the pop-up window on the bottom right of my screen. Now that I know...

Thanks Gordon! :D
Mark

"The Hankmeister" Celestron 8SE, orange tube Vixen made C80, CG4 & AZ-EQ5 mounts.
Too much Towa glass/mirrors.

H/A - PST stage 2 mod with a Baader 90mm ERF on a Celestron XLT 102 (thanks Mike!)
Ca-K - W/O 61mm, Antares 1.6 barlow, Baader 3.8 OD and Ca-K filters with a ZWO ASI174mm.
W/L - C80-HD with Baader 5.0 & 3.8 Solar film, Solar Continuum 7.5nm and UV/IR filters with a Canon EOS 550D.

Oh yeah, and Solar Cycle 25 :D
Shabadoo
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Shabadoo »

Oh my.
Jeff
Dad Joke King (ask my kids); Cereal killer
Orion Skyview pro 8 f5.
Binos: Polaris/wingspan 8x42 Ed/HD
Buckethead 2.0
Milky Way Ambassador

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Finally, I can joust with nFA! with minimal ease.
~Eric
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

It turns out that the "Multi Quote" extension was causing some problems so it has been removed.

phpBB has a built in multi quote system that works well.

Here's how you do "multi quotes".

Reply to 1 post (with or without quote), scroll down the page and you can see all of the posts in that topic, choose a post, select text , and use the quote - image (top left in a post could be on the right based on which style you are using). Repeat as necessary.
Only the current view-topic page is available for this but that should be enough in most cases. If more is needed manual copying remains possible.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.