If you could rename yourself here....

Discuss non-Astronomy related subjects.
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

If you could rename yourself here....

#1

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

....what would you call yourself?

I'm very sure many would keep their current name. But for fun, what would you rename yourself for fun's sake?

I might be "Leroy Coolbreeze" which Stewart Copeland has jokingly called himself, he is the drummer of the Police.

Or I might call myself John Jacob Jingleheimerschmidt, because he's my friend too..

Or the anti-Benjamin, because I have never had one good idea.

Any takers?
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
User avatar
Ylem
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 2:54 am
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#2

Post by Ylem »

Starship Hijacker.
I have been using Ylem on several forums including AF for years so I imported it here ;)
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

A bunch of SCTs and MCTs scattered around the house and an Orion ST80.
A big box of Plossls :D
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#3

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Ylem wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:48 pm
Starship Hijacker.
I have been using Ylem on several forums including AF for years so I imported it here ;)
One question, what does Ylem mean? I like it though. My name comes from an obscure guitarist. My 2.0 designation means I was abducted by this forum...

...actually it means I pounded the front gate with a battering ram. :lol:
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#4

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Tralfaz, which was Astro's new name when he was adopted on the Jetsons.
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#5

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

You know what ? ( anyone else reading this) it is fun to run ideas through online anagram generators.

Hilarious results!

Buckethead results in Baked Chute :lol:
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
User avatar
Ylem
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 1411
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 2:54 am
Location: Charlotte, NC, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#6

Post by Ylem »

Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:15 am
Ylem wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:48 pm
Starship Hijacker.
I have been using Ylem on several forums including AF for years so I imported it here ;)
One question, what does Ylem mean? I like it though. My name comes from an obscure guitarist. My 2.0 designation means I was abducted by this forum...

...actually it means I pounded the front gate with a battering ram. :lol:
Ylem.gif
Ylem is a term that was used by George Gamow, his student Ralph Alpher, and their associates in the late 1940s for a hypothetical original substance or condensed state of matter, which became subatomic particles and elements as we understand them today. The term ylem was actually resuscitated (it appears in Webster's Second as "the first substance from which the elements were supposed to have been formed") by Ralph Alpher.
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

A bunch of SCTs and MCTs scattered around the house and an Orion ST80.
A big box of Plossls :D
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#7

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Ylem wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:43 am
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:15 am
Ylem wrote:
Sun May 10, 2020 11:48 pm
Starship Hijacker.
I have been using Ylem on several forums including AF for years so I imported it here ;)
One question, what does Ylem mean? I like it though. My name comes from an obscure guitarist. My 2.0 designation means I was abducted by this forum...

...actually it means I pounded the front gate with a battering ram. :lol:
Ylem.gif

Ylem is a term that was used by George Gamow, his student Ralph Alpher, and their associates in the late 1940s for a hypothetical original substance or condensed state of matter, which became subatomic particles and elements as we understand them today. The term ylem was actually resuscitated (it appears in Webster's Second as "the first substance from which the elements were supposed to have been formed") by Ralph Alpher.
Thank you, Mr. Hpothetical Substance ! :lol: The entry must have been the condensed version? :D
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
User avatar
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 6670
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Location: Idaho US

TSS Awards Badges

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#8

Post by notFritzArgelander »

I’ve always been fond of the name Estrellita Bragança.

In fact Estrellita and her twin sister Esmeralda were a duo invented as supplementary Santa Claus myths for December holidays which were numerous... ;)
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker III, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5, Orion Sirius EQG
User avatar
Refractordude
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 692
Joined: Sun May 12, 2019 1:05 am
Location: United States

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#9

Post by Refractordude »

Twinkies, I must have eaten a million of them as a child. Much to sweet for me now.
Attachments
image 1.PNG
Telescopes: Meade LX70 120mm f/8 Refractor, Vixen 70mm f/12.9 Refractor, Tasco 49N 50mm Red Refractor
Binoculars: Zhumell 20x80 Giant, Levenhuk Sherman 7x50
Mounts: Orion SkyView Pro Equatorial, Orion Versago II Altazimuth, Farpoint Universal Parrallogram Mount
Finders: GSO 8x50 Raci, Svbony Red Dot
Diagonals: GSO Dielectric 2", GSO Dielectric 1.25"
Eyepieces: GSO Plossls 32mm/25mm/20mm, GSO 20mm Superview, Svbony 20mm/15mm/9mm/6mm, Svbony Aspheric 23mm/10mm/4mm, Agena Super Wide Angle 15mm, Few No Name Brand Ebay Plossls
User avatar
avid.astronomer
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:55 am
Location: College Station, TX
Contact:

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#10

Post by avid.astronomer »

I suppose RealNeildeGrasseTyson wouldn't be allowed. :D

About a month before moving here from AF, I went through a forum name change, from starlogborg to avid.astronomer. I'm happy with that, and I'm not ready to change it again.

But if I did, maybe something non-astronomical, like Leeeeeeeerooooy Jeeeeeenkiiiiins. Gamers will probably get the reference.
Tom Campbell (astro.tomandjul.com)

Image


SCOPES: Zhumell Z12 f/5 (Zoomie), Discovery DHQ-8 f/6, Meade DS-2080AT 80 f/10, Meade AS80 f/5 (Cutie)
BINOS: 10x50, 16x50, 10x70
1,124 Observations, 603 Objects (97 Glxy, 185 OC, 58 GC, 17 Neb, 39 PN, 171 Dbl)
AL Awards: Messier, Double Star, Bino Messier, Planetary Transit
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#11

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

notFritzArgelander wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 12:56 am
I’ve always been fond of the name Estrellita Bragança.

In fact Estrellita and her twin sister Esmeralda were a duo invented as supplementary Santa Claus myths for December holidays which were numerous... ;)
I now shall dub thee Estrellita, Duchess of Boise. :lol:
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#12

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

Refractordude wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 3:59 am
Twinkies, I must have eaten a million of them as a child. Much to sweet for me now.
You are going to live forever, thankfully. :lol:
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#13

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

avid.astronomer wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:19 am
I suppose RealNeildeGrasseTyson wouldn't be allowed. :D

About a month before moving here from AF, I went through a forum name change, from starlogborg to avid.astronomer. I'm happy with that, and I'm not ready to change it again.

But if I did, maybe something non-astronomical, like Leeeeeeeerooooy Jeeeeeenkiiiiins. Gamers will probably get the reference.
How about not_unRealNeildeGrasseTyson ? Oh wait, nFA probably has a patent on the name design. Better clear that with his lawyers first if you choose it. :lol:
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
User avatar
pakarinen
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 1235
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:33 pm
Location: NE Illinois

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#14

Post by pakarinen »

Sahure. My favorite pharoah, long story.
Jeffro. Jethro is already taken, I think.
Ten Bears. From "The Outlaw Josie Wales"
Stavros. Just because.
The lamp once out
Cool stars enter
The window frame.

~Soseki

Orion ST120, Meade AdventureScope ST80, Skywatcher 90mm Mak
Twilight 1 / Astro Devices encoders / Nexus II / Manfrotto 475B tripod
Nikon Aculon 10x50 binos
User avatar
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 6670
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Location: Idaho US

TSS Awards Badges

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#15

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:54 am
avid.astronomer wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:19 am
I suppose RealNeildeGrasseTyson wouldn't be allowed. :D

About a month before moving here from AF, I went through a forum name change, from starlogborg to avid.astronomer. I'm happy with that, and I'm not ready to change it again.

But if I did, maybe something non-astronomical, like Leeeeeeeerooooy Jeeeeeenkiiiiins. Gamers will probably get the reference.
How about not_unRealNeildeGrasseTyson ? Oh wait, nFA probably has a patent on the name design. Better clear that with his lawyers first if you choose it. :lol:
I never hire a lawyer unless 1) it’s a serious and grave matter 2) the lawyer is scrupulously ethical. So you’re safe. ;)
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker III, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5, Orion Sirius EQG
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#16

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

notFritzArgelander wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:46 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:54 am
avid.astronomer wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:19 am
I suppose RealNeildeGrasseTyson wouldn't be allowed. :D

About a month before moving here from AF, I went through a forum name change, from starlogborg to avid.astronomer. I'm happy with that, and I'm not ready to change it again.

But if I did, maybe something non-astronomical, like Leeeeeeeerooooy Jeeeeeenkiiiiins. Gamers will probably get the reference.
How about not_unRealNeildeGrasseTyson ? Oh wait, nFA probably has a patent on the name design. Better clear that with his lawyers first if you choose it. :lol:
I never hire a lawyer unless 1) it’s a serious and grave matter 2) the lawyer is scrupulously ethical. So you’re safe. ;)
Srupulous lawyer, hmmm? Watch out for low-flying pigs. Hooves can cut like a knife.
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
User avatar
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 6670
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 4:13 pm
Location: Idaho US

TSS Awards Badges

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#17

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:00 am
notFritzArgelander wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:46 pm
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 11:54 am


How about not_unRealNeildeGrasseTyson ? Oh wait, nFA probably has a patent on the name design. Better clear that with his lawyers first if you choose it. :lol:
I never hire a lawyer unless 1) it’s a serious and grave matter 2) the lawyer is scrupulously ethical. So you’re safe. ;)
Srupulous lawyer, hmmm? Watch out for low-flying pigs. Hooves can cut like a knife.
They can be found! :lol:
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker III, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5, Orion Sirius EQG
User avatar
JayTee
Co-Administrator
Articles: 0
Posts: 2558
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:23 am
Location: Honolulu, HI
Contact:

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#18

Post by JayTee »

I was tossing around Zaphod Beeblebrox, and Zoltar the Magnificent (apparently I'm in a "Z" mood), but then I settled on "The Kraken" just so I could hear Liam Neesom releasing me! "Release the Kraken!!!"

Sincerely,
Kraken-wannabe

Naw, just kidding, my current name is fine....
∞ Scopes: Celestron CPC1100 #2 Scope: 8" f/7.5 Dob AP Scopes: TPO 6" f/9 RC, ES 80mm f/6 APO G&G Scopes: Meade 102mm f/7.8, Bresser 102mm f/4.5 Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM60, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: Canon T3i (x2), ZWO ASI294MC Pro & 120MC, Orion SSAG
∞ Binos: 10X50,10.5X70,15X70², 25X100
∞ EPs: ES: 21 100°, 30 82° X-Cels: 9, 12, 18, 25 GSO:15,20
Home Wx (click)

I never met a scope I didn't want to keep. "My God, it's full of stars." Searching the skies since 1966!
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#19

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

notFritzArgelander wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:03 am
Buckethead 2.0 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 7:00 am
notFritzArgelander wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 4:46 pm


I never hire a lawyer unless 1) it’s a serious and grave matter 2) the lawyer is scrupulously ethical. So you’re safe. ;)
Srupulous lawyer, hmmm? Watch out for low-flying pigs. Hooves can cut like a knife.
They can be found! :lol:
Really? Only if you say so, buddy! :lol:
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
User avatar
Buckethead 2.0
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0
Posts: 880
Joined: Sun May 19, 2019 5:25 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: If you could rename yourself here....

#20

Post by Buckethead 2.0 »

JayTee wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:08 am
I was tossing around Zaphod Beeblebrox, and Zoltar the magnificent (apparently I'm in a "Z" mood), but then I settled on "The Kraken" just so I could hear Liam Neesom releasing me! "Release the Kraken!!!"

Sincerely,
Kraken-wannabe

Naw, just kidding, my current name is fine....
I associate The Kraken with The Pirates of The Caribbean series of movies. Scary stuff.
~Eric :bandit: |<----------- 6' ---------->| 😷
Refractor: tbd
Scope mount: tbd
Binos: Bushnell Falcon 10x50
Chair: Vestil
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”