Clean, fun jokes... the tradition continues

Discuss non-Astronomy related subjects. NOTE: posts are removed automatically after 365 days.
chicagorandy United States of America
Articles: 0

Re: Clean, fun jokes... the tradition continues

Post by chicagorandy »

OzEclipse wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:18 am
Lady Fraktor wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:46 am #1 I had to have explained to me, #2 look very close :)

IMG_5841.jpgIMG_5842.jpg
I was teaching a young colleague how to replace the ionisation filament in our mass spectrometer one day. i asked him to undo the bolts on the flange. He immediately grabbed a 10" shift spanner. i stopped him, explained it was a German manufactured machine and he'd need a 250mm metric shift spanner. He dutifully started looking for one. I then let him in on the joke and explained that in fact, I stopped him because I didn't want him to burr all my flange bolts with a shift spanner and that he needed to use an offset 13mm ring spanner.

For the pictures with the two cars, is it that they rhyme? Gran Torino, El camino?
The flames are painted on backwards because the Pinto gas tank sometimes exploded on impact in a crash.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." Abraham Lincoln
We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.
The older I get, the better I was.

Celestron Nexstar+ 127 SLT, several budget plossl eyepieces, Celestron 8-24mm zoom EP and a 12.5mm illuminated double reticle EP, Svbony SV205 camera w/.5 focal reducer, Celestron SkyMaster 20x80 binos on a 40 yr old QuickSet PanHead tripod, Stellarium, Sharpcap and ManyCam on my laptop, SkyView and Nightshift on my phone and a dandy little $9 red-light flashlight.
AntennaGuy United States of America
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: Clean, fun jokes... the tradition continues

Post by AntennaGuy »

Lady Fraktor wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:46 am #1 I had to have explained to me, #2 look very close :)

IMG_5841.jpgIMG_5842.jpg
As "an older guy," I think the first one is funny (but sad, too) due to the association of the Ford Pinto and its unfortunate tendency toward catching fire if struck in the rear-end. https://www.motortrend.com/features/ford-pinto/

Added: Ah, Chicagorandy beat me to it.
* Meade 323 refractor on a manual equatorial mount.
* Celestron C6 SCT on a Twilight 1 Alt-Az mount
Prof. Barnhardt to Klaatu in The Day the Earth Stood Still: "There are several thousand questions I'd like to ask you.”