ALL MEMBERS Please read....

Discuss non-Astronomy related subjects. NOTE: posts are removed automatically after 365 days.
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

ALL MEMBERS Please read....

Post by Gordon »

Please take a moment to read this and take it to heart……

We (the Admin, Co-Admins and Moderators re: TEAM) Take our jobs very seriously. Back just over a year ago, We decided we needed to create a new forum using the basic concepts of the old forum which many of you came from. With that being said, I as the admin of TSS, made a decision to try to keep the best and remove the things I didn’t feel were conducive to making a great forum for our members. One of those considerations was to try to keep the ‘rules’ simple so all could understand. We are all adults that have our own beliefs, feelings and ideas. Many of those are very strong and personal. I have never felt that those feelings needed to be expressed in an open forum that was designed with one purpose, that being Astronomy. In fact I have always felt that Astronomy was a hobby that helped to bring ALL people together. So I created the rules to The Sky Searchers Forum.
First off the “boiler plate”:

TheSkySearchers.com - Terms of use
By accessing “TheSkySearchers.com” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “TheSkySearchers.com”, “https://theskysearchers.com”), you agree to abide by the following terms. If you do not agree to abide by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “TheSkySearchers.com”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “TheSkySearchers.com” after changes mean you agree to abide by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.

Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Limited”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “GNU General Public License v2” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions; phpBB Limited is not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: https://www.phpbb.com/.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “TheSkySearchers.com” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider and governmental authorities if we consider it necessary. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “TheSkySearchers.com” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “TheSkySearchers.com” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.

Then this was what I came up with:

Forum rules
These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on TheSkySearchers.com. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our forum runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.

In addition to the registration rules please note:

Persons under the age of 13 are forbidden on this site due to COPPA rules.

Discussion of religion, politics, and offensive language will get you banned. There are many other forums where you can discuss any of those topics. This is NOT one of them!

I felt it was pretty simple, straight forward and something that could fairly easily be adhered to. However it appears that from time to time the TEAM still has to get involved with topics that get out of line.

Our general method is to ‘soft delete’ the topic (closes it to viewing) and PM the creator of the post that it is being reviewed by the TEAM. Keep in mind that the TEAM is on different hours and so getting a general consensus can take some time. Upon our decision we will either close the topic or remove the post. While this can be upsetting we always look at these actions as being for the best of all concerned.
Recently we have lost a few long time members because of posts that got out of hand. The TEAM does not want to be the ‘bad guys’ but that is what we signed up for.

We need your help…..

PLEASE take a few minutes to think before you respond to topics and posts. If you feel someone is out of line, report the post and let us do the dirty work. The last thing we want is to ban a member or have member leave because of what members are posting.

We don't want to create more rules. We don’t feel we need to, however we do want everyone to read and adhere to the rules we have put in place.

THIS IS AN ASTROMONY FORUM.

Thanks for your co-operation
The TSS TEAM
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: ALL MEMBERS Please read....

Post by Gordon »

We have made a few minor edits to our forum rules.

Please take a moment to re-read them.

Thanks
Gordon
(for the TSS TEAM)
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Return to “Off-Topic”