A new Tiggy kitty

Discuss non-Astronomy related subjects.
Makuser
Articles: 0

A new Tiggy kitty

Post by Makuser »

We have all read about the loss of our family pets the last few weeks and I understand their sorrow. I feed a couple of neighbor cats every night, but I still miss my buddy TIggy.
(Crazy humor on) I told my wife that we should get another cat and raise it as an in house cat. My neighbors told me to; "Look at the options but think big." I told my wife that I wanted one of these big Tiggys to bring home. Of course, she said no, so my calculations of the scope of the reality of the situation were way off. :lol:
Tiggy2.jpg
Florida Panther.jpg
(Crazy humor off) We are going to the Brevard Humane Society to adopt a kitten tomorrow, and hope to find a new kitten Tiggy tomorrow. I hope that all of you furry friends lovers will understand this thread, and the kindest of regards.
- Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.9 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI120MC camera.
>)))))*>
notFritzArgelander
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: A new TIggy kitty

Post by notFritzArgelander »

Congratulations! I’m still waiting to get more permanently settled before I adopt.
Scopes: Refs: Orion ST80, SV 80EDA f7, TS 102ED f11 Newts: Z12 f5; Cats: VMC110L, Intes MK66,VMC200L f9.75 EPs: KK Fujiyama Orthoscopics, 2x Vixen NPLs (40-6mm) and BCOs, Baader Mark IV zooms, TV Panoptics, Delos, Plossl 32-8mm. Mixed brand Masuyama/Astroplans Binoculars: Nikon Aculon 10x50, Celestron 15x70, Baader Maxbright. Mounts: Star Seeker III, Vixen Porta II, Celestron CG5, Orion Sirius EQG
Ylem
Local Group Ambassador

Post by Ylem »

I sure you will brighten a "tiggy's" day :)

I love/hate going to the shelter, I love giving a pet a second chance, yet it saddens me to see all of them in there, I would love to adopt them all.
Clear Skies,
-Jeff :telescopewink:

Orion 127 Mak, ST80
Celestron Celestar
8SE, C6, C90 Mak
A big box of Plossls :D
turboscrew
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by turboscrew »

Makuser wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:23 pm
We have all read about the loss of our family pets the last few weeks and I understand their sorrow. I feed a couple of neighbor cats every night, but I still miss my buddy TIggy.
(Crazy humor on) I told my wife that we should get another cat and raise it as an in house cat. My neighbors told me to; "Look at the options but think big." I told my wife that I wanted one of these big Tiggys to bring home. Of course, she said no, so my calculations of the scope of the reality of the situation were way off. :lol:
Image Image
(Crazy humor off) We are going to the Brevard Humane Society to adopt a kitten tomorrow, and hope to find a new kitten Tiggy tomorrow. I hope that all of you furry friends lovers will understand this thread, and the kindest of regards.
This far my experience is, that "social cases" make most loyal pets.
Senior Embedded SW Designer
Telescope: OrionOptics XV12, dobsonian, all manual.
LAT 61° 28' 10.9" N, Bortle 5

turboscrew
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by turboscrew »

Ylem wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:33 pm
I sure you will brighten a "tiggy's" day :)

I love/hate going to the shelter, I love giving a pet a second chance, yet it saddens me to see all of them in there, I would love to adopt them all.
Same here.
Senior Embedded SW Designer
Telescope: OrionOptics XV12, dobsonian, all manual.
LAT 61° 28' 10.9" N, Bortle 5

Voyageur
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Voyageur »

This is good news, Marshall. I hope you find the perfect new friend to bring home.
Scopes: Vixen VMC200L, D=200mm, F=1950, f/9.75; Televue 2" Everbright diagonal. Coronado PST; AstroTech EDT 80mm, F=480, f/6.
Mounts: Vixen SXW/Starbook (original); Stellarvue M2C alt-az.
Eyepieces: Televue: 55mm Plossl, 22mm Panoptic, 17.3mm Delos, 13mm Nagler, c. 1980, 11mm Plossl, 7mm Nagler, 5mm Radian; Meade 15mm Super Plossl; VERNONSCOPE 2.4X BARLOW
Binoculars: Leica 8x32 Trinovids, circa 1997; Orion Megaview 20x80, Orion Paragon Plus mount.
Butterfly Maiden
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Butterfly Maiden »

Good luck Marshall.

You are going to give a kitty a very loving home :D
Vanessa
Nikon D82 Fieldscope with 30x/45x/56x angled eyepiece.
Olympus DPS-1 10x50 binoculars.
Lady Fraktor
Co-Administrator

Post by Lady Fraktor »

I am looking forward to seeing what the new family addition looks like Marshall :)
Proper Telescopes: Antares 105 f/15, Bresser 102 f/13.2, Celestron 150 f/8, Stellarvue NHNGDX 80 f/6.9, TAL 100RS f/10, TS 102 f/11, UR 70 f/10, Vixen ED115s f/7.7
Mounts: Berlebach Planet w/ 410mm pier, Celestron AS-GT, Celestron CG-5 w/ Argo Navis & tracking motor, SLT w/ 250mm pier & tripod mods, Manfrotto 028b w/ SV M2C, Mantrotto 055Pro w/ 128RC, Skywatcher EQ-5 w/ dual drives, TAL MT1C w/ wood tripod, Vixen SXP w/ HAL-130 & 200mm half pier
Diagonal: 2" A-P Maxbright, 2" Baader Herschel Wedge (P), 2" Zeiss/ Baader Amici Prism (DX2), 2" Long Perng Amici Prism, 2" Stellarvue DX, 2" TeleVue EverBrite
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
helicon
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Great Marshall. Hope you pick out a wonderful new kitty to raise!

I'm still waiting as I get over the loss of my cat. Plus, the reality is in these parts is that indoor/outdoor cats often disappear due to coyotes, foxes, and raccoons. Indy was definitely an indoor/outdoor cat who liked to explore, so it will be tough for me to keep a new kitty indoors all the time. But we shall see.
-Michael
Various scopes, 10" Zhumell Dob f/4.9, ES AR152 f/6.5, AWB 5.1" Onesky newt, Oberwerk 25x100 binos, two eyeballs
Makuser

Re: A new Tiggy kitty

Post by Makuser »

Hi all. Here is an update from us. It did not start well, as our car AC unit went out, and it was a long hot drive to the Humane Society in far west Cocoa. We did bring along a cat carrier with us in high hopes. We arrived there after 1PM. This is a huge building, and the staff were just great. Our "guide" took us through 3 rooms of cats. There were no orange tabby kittens or full grown to be found. We did see a beautiful all white full grown female and a new litter of grey kittens, one of whom jumped on me and we meowed each other
So, we came home empty handed brokenhearted. At this point we have three options:
1: Our guide said that they are quite busy lately (this is a good thing), and things change week to week, so try again next week.
2: We have found two other animal adoption shelters in our county.
3: It is my fault for waiting so long to do this. But, we just lost Tiggy and Bella in 2013, Sabrina in 2016, and our outdoor cat Blackie disappeared just last March. Our brain says to look for another Tiggy, but in our heart we know how Ylem (Jeff) feels, as we would like to adopt them all. So, we may just go back tomorrow or Monday and adopt both the white cat and the grey kitten. We already have names picked out. At our age, we may only have enough time left to raise one more generation of cats. Sheri and I are both very emotional about all of this right now, and we want to do the right thing, but what is the right thing? Thanks to all of you for your kind responses on this thread and the kindest of regards.
- Marshall
Sky-Watcher 90mm f/13.9 Maksutov-Cassegrain on motorized Multimount
Orion Astroview 120ST f/5 Refractor on EQ3 mount
Celestron Omni XLT150R f/5 Refractor on CG4 mount with dual axis drives.
Orion 180mm f/15 Maksutov-Cassegrain on CG5-GT Goto mount.
Orion XT12i 12" f/4.9 Dobsonian Intelliscope.
Celestron SkyMaster 15x70 Binoculars. ZWO ASI120MC camera.
>)))))*>
Lady Fraktor
Co-Administrator

Post by Lady Fraktor »

What ever you decide I am sure the two of you will make it very happy Marshall.
Proper Telescopes: Antares 105 f/15, Bresser 102 f/13.2, Celestron 150 f/8, Stellarvue NHNGDX 80 f/6.9, TAL 100RS f/10, TS 102 f/11, UR 70 f/10, Vixen ED115s f/7.7
Mounts: Berlebach Planet w/ 410mm pier, Celestron AS-GT, Celestron CG-5 w/ Argo Navis & tracking motor, SLT w/ 250mm pier & tripod mods, Manfrotto 028b w/ SV M2C, Mantrotto 055Pro w/ 128RC, Skywatcher EQ-5 w/ dual drives, TAL MT1C w/ wood tripod, Vixen SXP w/ HAL-130 & 200mm half pier
Diagonal: 2" A-P Maxbright, 2" Baader Herschel Wedge (P), 2" Zeiss/ Baader Amici Prism (DX2), 2" Long Perng Amici Prism, 2" Stellarvue DX, 2" TeleVue EverBrite
Eyepieces: Antares to Zeiss
helicon
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

Re: A new Tiggy kitty

Post by helicon »

Makuser wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:07 pm
Hi all. Here is an update from us. It did not start well, as our car AC unit went out, and it was a long hot drive to the Humane Society in far west Cocoa. We did bring along a cat carrier with us in high hopes. We arrived there after 1PM. This is a huge building, and the staff were just great. Our "guide" took us through 3 rooms of cats. There were no orange tabby kittens or full grown to be found. We did see a beautiful all white full grown female and a new litter of grey kittens, one of whom jumped on me and we meowed each other
So, we came home empty handed brokenhearted. At this point we have three options:
1: Our guide said that they are quite busy lately (this is a good thing), and things change week to week, so try again next week.
2: We have found two other animal adoption shelters in our county.
3: It is my fault for waiting so long to do this. But, we just lost Tiggy and Bella in 2013, Sabrina in 2016, and our outdoor cat Blackie disappeared just last March. Our brain says to look for another Tiggy, but in our heart we know how Ylem (Jeff) feels, as we would like to adopt them all. So, we may just go back tomorrow or Monday and adopt both the white cat and the grey kitten. We already have names picked out. At our age, we may only have enough time left to raise one more generation of cats. Sheri and I are both very emotional about all of this right now, and we want to do the right thing, but what is the right thing? Thanks to all of you for kind responses on this thread and the kindest of regards.
Thanks for the update Marshall. I was curious to see how it worked out. I went to the animal shelter last summer to look at the cats (a very nice facility actually) where the cats had room to move around and play. I just couldn't make a decision on which one to take home so I left empty handed so I know how you feel. Then I also started feeling like it was too soon to get a replacement kitty. Add to that my reticence to get just an indoor cat (that cannot go outside) and that's part of my problem. I hope you will find an orange kitty soon.
-Michael
Various scopes, 10" Zhumell Dob f/4.9, ES AR152 f/6.5, AWB 5.1" Onesky newt, Oberwerk 25x100 binos, two eyeballs

Return to “Off-Topic”