Astro Physics CCDT67 with my 80mm Refractor combo for conjunction tonight?

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Astro Physics CCDT67 with my 80mm Refractor combo for conjunction tonight?

Post by TheButcher »

Hey all,

I was wondering if I could use my Astro Physics CCD Telecompressor (CCDT67) on my Skywatcher Equinox 80mm 500mm FL @ F6.25 refractor to Image the Moon, Jupiter and Mars tonight conjunction, Saturn would be stretching it to much but I figure it could look cool with just those 3 anyway.

I know it is meant for F8 and higher. I bought it for my RC 8" and love it. But just thinking after I am done imaging with my RC late tonight early AM, I was thinking about just popping it right in my refractor. The main reason is that I can fit all 3 objects within my FOV. If I use my Hotech FF, then I would have to Mosaic it as I could only fit the Moon and Mars in it. And at the same time I am using my 1600mm foing through filters and could be chore.

I am basically just going to image it until I can Get a decent image of all three together since I will be up late anyway. And I ask this question because I want to know if it would be a waste of time trying that combo and instead spend more time adjusting my Image train for the Field Flattner

Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob + Rings for EQ mode Mounts: iOptron CEM70 w/ Tri-Pier Barlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep Cameras: ZWO174mm

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
yobbo89 Australia
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Astro Physics CCDT67 with my 80mm Refractor combo for conjunction tonight?

Post by yobbo89 »

Mosaic!
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .