maybe time to upgrade sgpro ? and phd 2 ?

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
yobbo89 Australia
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

maybe time to upgrade sgpro ? and phd 2 ?

Post by yobbo89 »

Tonight is not going too good, 5-6 guide camera disconnects ,and plate solve fails, mount disconnects ..

found out why my plate solve is failing,sgpro keeps adding star alignment points to eqmod, i star aligned prior acuractly ... well the guide camera just disconnected again as i'm typing this :lol: ... any how i had a nap and woke up to complete failure with 15+ star alignment points added to eqmod and at very incorrect locations ... sgpro would not plate solve, giving me 6600 + pixels out error .. , i deleted all the alignments points but the last few and then it plate solved !!!.

what is going on ! :flame:
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: maybe time to upgrade sgpro ? and phd 2 ?

Post by yobbo89 »

well, i update phd, it's not been updated props for 6 + months i always click decline, why fix it if it ain't broken teh. swap over the camera cable and using bin 2x now, will see how it runs
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

so tonight, flawless !!, not a single disconnect !, did a meridian flip and pass the plate solve ,why oh why

Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1044

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Post by Gordon »

Having had to play the 'upgrade' game with the TSS forum. I can state that it's always a good idea to update. But I typically wait a few days just to make sure others are my 'test pilots'.

Normally what happens is vendor 1 makes a change, then because of that change, vendor (2) has to do an update and the cycle continues until someone who is using the older software has a failure. It hard to tell which one caused the problem, but it's nice you got it figured out!!!
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.