ZWO and SCT's

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
Beachbum
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

ZWO and SCT's

Post by Beachbum »

I was wondering how many people here are using a ZWO camera with an SCT OTA...? I need a little help. I've been imaging now about 6 months using a Canon T71 (800D) Having great success with that. I just moved up to the ASI294MC Pro Cooled, and had a couple of questions about the setup.

I know this scope is a bit challenging especially doing DSO's...Which is the reason I have the Hyperstar and the f/6.3 reducer which helps me get the pixel rates more compatible for this SCT...

I'm at 1.290" arc-seconds per pixel using 2X binning with f/6.3 reducer... And 1.64" arc-seconds per pixel with the Hyperstar at 1X binning

My Equipment:

CELESTRON 9.25-INCH SCHMIDT-CASSEGRAIN OTA
STARLIGHT XPRESS LODESTAR X2 AUTOGUIDER
SKY-WATCHER EVOGUIDE 50ED F/4.8 DOUBLET GUIDESCOPE (PHD2)
REDUCER/FLATTENER F/6.3 @ 1480mm
STARIZONA HYPERSTAR @ F/2.3 580MM
LOSMANDY G-11 W/GEMINI 2 GOTO SYSTEM
ZWO ASI294MC PRO COOLED
CANON 800D DSLR

Thank you in advance...

Rodney
Perdido, FL
Attachments
scope set up.jpg
Beachbum
Earth Ambassador

Re: ZWO and SCT's

Post by Beachbum »

M42_1 Rough Edited2.tif
M42_1 Rough Edited2.tif (6.24 MiB) Viewed 1584 times
Beachbum
Earth Ambassador

Post by Beachbum »

I posted my first image from this new ZWO...Not perfect, but next time i will be sure to do 2X binning
Mac United States of America
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Mac »

Beachbum wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:25 pm I posted my first image from this new ZWO...Not perfect, but next time i will be sure to do 2X binning
Image looks great Rodney. How do you like using the ZWO and image quality as compared to your DSLR?

Nikons are not so revered in the AP world as compared to Canons. Instead of replacing my Nikon with a Canon for AP, I am considering this camera for purchase next spring.
Steve

Scopes : Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO - Radian Raptor Triplet APO - Orion 50mm
Mount : AVX EQ | Software : KStars - EKOS - Stellar OS | Cameras : ZWO ASI533MC ASI1600MM ASI120MM-mini
CPU : Mac Studio, iMac - Kstars-Ekos on Raspberry Rpi4/RPi5 | Misc : Thousand Oaks dew controller - DewNot straps - Optolong L-enhance - ZWO EAF
Image Processing : PixInsight - LightRoom - Photoshop - macOS 14 - Windows 11
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

The thing is with cmos bining, you loose bitrate/well Capacity and gain no improved signal sensitivity. Really
ccd chips is the go for larger pixels and some dslrs. I only do planetary imaging with small pixels but "lucky" imaging takes care of that. I don't do deep sky but if I was in the need for a camera i would most likely be checking out some ccd cameras to get the pixel scale/sampling to suitable level
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .