T-Ring Wobble/Slop

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
fatboy1271
Pluto Ambassador
Articles: 0

Re: T-Ring Wobble/Slop

Post by fatboy1271 »

Dear SoCal,

I'm sorry for the clouds and the upcoming rain... I really shouldn't have spent money today on trying to better my AP equipment!!!

Meade T-Mount for $13.99: https://telescopes.net/store/meade-cano ... mount.html
PrimaLuceLab T2-50.8mm Photographic Adapter Long for $10.00; the original price is $26.99 and the website says on sale for $24.99 but the telescope guy said they're blowing them out for $10! https://telescopes.net/store/primalucel ... -long.html

I tried the Meade out on a Canon that they had in the store and it fit really snug. So much so that even though the notch for the "lens pin (?)" is about twice the width of the pin there was almost zero play. I won't try it out on the 70D tonight but I'm guessing it should fit just the same.

I got the PrimaLuceLab because it will take away one spacer. A didn't need for sure purchase, but I just thought that it was cool and for $10, why not? When I use my ASI120MC with the ES ED80 I need the same two spaces so hopefully it's not too much of a pain, but then again I rarely use that combo... Only when I start looking at a bunch of [mention]bladekeeper[/mention] Moon shots and I get competitive :)
OTAs: Explore Scientific ED80 Essential Edition / The Little Guy (Celestron 90SLT)
Mount: Celestron Advanced VX
Gear: Canon 70D / Hutech LPS-D1-48 / ES 2" Field Flattener / QHY PoleMaster / Celestron GPS / ZWO ASI120MC / Orion 50mm Guide Scope / ZWO EAF
Software: CPWI / PHD2 / N.I.N.A / Stellarium/StellariumScope/Remote Control / PI / RegiStax 6 / AutoStakkert!2 / PIPP | Retired? BackyardEOS Premium
EPs: Stock Celestron 9mm and 24mm / Celestron Omni 32mm (I love this one!) / Celestron X-Cel LX 3x Barlow (I think 2X would have been smarter...)
Support Staff (Loved Ones!): CeCe, Ro, and Geno
Let's Go Pens!!!
Mac United States of America
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: T-Ring Wobble/Slop

Post by Mac »

fatboy1271 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:21 am ... Only when I start looking at a bunch of @bladekeeper Moon shots and I get competitive :)
You and me both!!!

He makes some of us look like amateurs… oh wait, I am.

Next 10 days of weather here is greater than 40% cloud cover even on the best of days and I am like you, spending more money.
Steve

Scopes : Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO - Radian Raptor Triplet APO - Orion 50mm
Mount : AVX EQ | Software : KStars - EKOS - Stellar OS | Cameras : ZWO ASI533MC ASI1600MM ASI120MM-mini
CPU : Mac Studio, iMac - Kstars-Ekos on Raspberry Rpi4/RPi5 | Misc : Thousand Oaks dew controller - DewNot straps - Optolong L-enhance - ZWO EAF
Image Processing : PixInsight - LightRoom - Photoshop - macOS 14 - Windows 11