Ordered me a duo band filter!

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Ordered me a duo band filter!

Post by UlteriorModem »

Well I got a chance to work with it some last night. At first I thought about re-arranging things by putting the filter behind the OAG and realized that would create a domino effect of required changes. Back focus distance with the focal reducer, getting the guide camera at the same distance as the imaging camera, etc.

So I left it where I was and was able to improve things by first binning the guide camera frames 2x2, some noise reduction, and I was able to get by with the 1.5 second duration I was using previously. It did require creating a new profile in PHD2, and a re-calibration, a new bad pixel map, and for whatever reason a new drift alignment.

Sounds like a lot and frankly I forgot how to do much of that but all in all only about an hour or less (not including the pixel map which I shot before dark). Soon enough I was back to capturing frames with decent but not great guiding.

The previous nights sequence ran fine until the last object failed to autocenter. I forgot to look into that so it probably failed again last night :D
Tom

Current Equipment:
Mount: Celestron CGX-L
Scope: 130mm f7 APO
Cam: ASI071mc-pro
SKEtrip United States of America
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by SKEtrip »

bladekeeper wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:49 am
SKEtrip wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:27 pm You've got me wondering what would happen if I used the DGM NPB....
You probably won't like the results. I tried this too with a visual OIII and UHC. After stacking and the initial stretch, I just shut it down and deleted. :lol:
Did the colors come in poorly?
Whose UHC was it? I'll look up the graphs. I did some searching & found some interesting shots done with it.
I need to lay out the graphs from UM's filter & some others.
AD10, SV102T, AR127 & ST80
M2 & SW AZEQ6 GT Mounts
ES82 11 18 24, ES100 5.5 9 14 20, KK Orthos, BCO's, Vixen HR 2.4, 3.4 Vortex 10X50,
ACD 75 Astro Mutt - Rest in Peace Wubby
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein

UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

I actually wanted to try the tri band filter but the price point is just crazy!
Tom

Current Equipment:
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by SKEtrip »

Agreed! Talk about sticker shock. Did you see the price on the "Quad"?
M2 & SW AZEQ6 GT Mounts
ES82 11 18 24, ES100 5.5 9 14 20, KK Orthos, BCO's, Vixen HR 2.4, 3.4 Vortex 10X50,
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein

UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

Yes, I just cannot justify that kind of money for a single filter. Hell they cost as much as my guide camera, and almost as much as my imaging camera.

They really need to bring that price point down. I dont understand how they got there.
Tom

Current Equipment:
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by SKEtrip »

UlteriorModem wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:44 pm Yes, I just cannot justify that kind of money for a single filter. Hell they cost as much as my guide camera, and almost as much as my imaging camera.

They really need to bring that price point down. I dont understand how they got there.
They got there because some will go there.....
M2 & SW AZEQ6 GT Mounts

UlteriorModem
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UlteriorModem »

Finally going to get a chance to process the same region with longer subs and the new Weighted Batch preprocessing script. :D

Wow that script takes like 10 minutes for a batch of 15 subs! 4 panel mosaic that's an hour of grinding!
Tom

Current Equipment: