ZWO LRGB filters with ZWO 1600MM-Pro Question

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

ZWO LRGB filters with ZWO 1600MM-Pro Question

Post by TheButcher »

Hey all,

Just waiting for my new 1600 Pro to come in. Now I have a questions about the package I got. For starters I am gona use the LRGB ZWO 1.25" that come with it and the mini 5 pos filter wheel. With that said, I know the "L" filter states that it has an IR cut, but does the R G and B have it? It is kind of weird how it is stated. It says " ZWO Premium LRGB Filter Set includes a 1.25" (IR-Cut) Luminance Filter, 1.25" Red Filter, 1.25" Blue Filter, and 1.25" Green Filter"

They only put (IR Cut) with the Luminance. ???

Thanks all :)
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob + Rings for EQ mode Mounts: iOptron CEM70 w/ Tri-Pier Barlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep Cameras: ZWO174mm

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: ZWO LRGB filters with ZWO 1600MM-Pro Question

Post by yobbo89 »

Most imaging filters cut off ir/uv, the rgb do that, the lum filters lets all light in but uv/ir, it lets in the green, red, blue spectrum, it is a broadband filter that you use to collect the highest quality data, the one you should spend most of your time with, the l filter to collect the detail and shape of your target and the r g b for the colour, you can make synthetic lum data wtf rgb or what ever combo, red plus uv cut off ectt, or you can ditch the uv/or cut off filter and just get more data with rgb filters
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .

fatboy1271
Pluto Ambassador

Re: ZWO LRGB filters with ZWO 1600MM-Pro Question

Post by fatboy1271 »

Thanks for asking this, as I'm looking at an ASI1600 Pro combo package! I use a DSLR so I know nothing about dedicated cams or filter wheels.
OTAs: Explore Scientific ED80 Essential Edition / The Little Guy (Celestron 90SLT)
Mount: Celestron Advanced VX
Gear: Canon 70D / Hutech LPS-D1-48 / ES 2" Field Flattener / QHY PoleMaster / Celestron GPS / ZWO ASI120MC / Orion 50mm Guide Scope / ZWO EAF
Software: CPWI / PHD2 / N.I.N.A / Stellarium/StellariumScope/Remote Control / PI / RegiStax 6 / AutoStakkert!2 / PIPP | Retired? BackyardEOS Premium
EPs: Stock Celestron 9mm and 24mm / Celestron Omni 32mm (I love this one!) / Celestron X-Cel LX 3x Barlow (I think 2X would have been smarter...)
Support Staff (Loved Ones!): CeCe, Ro, and Geno
Let's Go Pens!!!