Made the switch to Mono, any tips?

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Made the switch to Mono, any tips?

Post by TheButcher »

Hey all,

I finally made the switch over to Mono, today I just ordered a ZWO1600mm Pro with ZWO EFW 5 pos mini and ZWO LRGB starter Package thing. I also bought Astronomik 1.25" Ha 6nm and O III 6nm, the SII will come after, when I get more funds.

Heres my setup:
AVX Mount, Skywatcher Equinox 80mmed F6.25 500mm and a HoTech FF. I am running an Orion 50mm Mini Deluxe w Helical focuser Auto guide scope with a ZWO 290MM (regular). I got the Dew heaters as well and an ample supply of power now.

Current capture program I am using is Sharpcap 3.2 Pro and PHD2 with good success So far I have been doing 14min exposures nice circle stars.

I will worry about the processing later but I do know DSS a little more now and I got Astro Pixel Processing "APP" and starting to learn it. And I understand calibration.

So now what else do I need to know and what to do with the Filter wheel (program wise) and is there any preferences in the optical train on setup positions. (For example cameral hooks into wheel, wheel hooks into spacers, then to Field Flattner?) and lastly what other programs would be benificial when I am imaging? I searched a bit about Sequence Generator pro, would that be something I need to control everything or some thing similar? Also my main starting ground is to do Narrow Band first, maybe start out with the HOO pallette until I get the SII since I do have a lot of light pollution.

Thanks all in advanced :)
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob : iOptron CEM70 without TripodBarlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/