Issue with EFW 8 POS and Fire Capture.

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Issue with EFW 8 POS and Fire Capture.

Post by TheButcher »

Hey all,

Recently I am having an issue with my ZWO EFW filter wheel and Fire Capture doing planetary with my 178mm. But It worked great last summer. (I tried different versions of Firecapture and on 2 different computers, and I also tried 3 different USB cables and with a powered hub and without powered hub, plugged directly in the computers and same thing keeps happening). I also tried lowering the USB Traffic and still nothing.

Now Sharpcap works without any issues and so does ASI Capture with camera and wheel, Along with SGPro. So I'm stumped :roll:

Here is the issue: When I hit a filter color inside Firecapture when imaging a planet, the filters do not move. Same thing if I run an RGB sequence. But for some reason, I can initialize it inside Fire Capture and filter wheel moves as it should and Firecapture knows it's there. I even tried my 294mm with filter wheel hooked into the 294's hub to see if the 178mm had any effect.

I am using the (ZWO Filterwheel 1) driver from Ascom.
I also updated all of my Ascom drivers as well that was my last attempt so this happened before the update .

Now I don't mind using Sharpcap Pro, but for some reason last time out I had an issue with the file not being Winjupos compatible even with it was checked,. And WinJupos will play a big factor for my planetary imaging.

So if anyone has any other programs or tips on how to set Sharpcap Pro to WinJupos then that would be fine or an equivalent. (My confusion is that...Do I only need to check the Winjupos file Compatibility in Sharpcap or do I need to check any other boxes to get the correct filename format for WinJupos?

Has this ever happened to anyone? Also is there a way to see a log in Firecapture for the filter wheels' behavior etc...

Thanks in Advanced :)
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob + Rings for EQ mode Mounts: iOptron CEM70 w/ Tri-Pier Barlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep Cameras: ZWO174mm

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/