ZWO Filter Wheel

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
Mac United States of America
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

ZWO Filter Wheel

Post by Mac »

I received my 5 position 2" ZWO filter wheel from Cloudbreak Optics. I purchased an adapter for the AVX to mount on the pier from them back in February and won a $100 gift card from them for a photo submission for their monthly contest. So I had to buy something from them with free money!

Fortunately they had it in stock, as many dealers were pretty much out of anything from China. Had some issues with the gender adapters not being included to connect to a ZWO camera, who would have thought. Another $25 for a simple male/male 42mm/48mm adapter and expedited shipping and it's installed and working great.

I also purchased the manual focus controller for the EAF, since it makes the job of focusing much easier. I connect the laptop directly to the USB3 cable from the camera as it gives me fast refresh on the image as compared to using the EKOS software where it isn't as efficient. Using the ASILive software from ZWO, I can control the filter wheel, focuser and camera easily. For some reason I cannot get a USB3 connection, it shows USB2. Not sure if it's the laptop, it has USB3 support and Device manager shows it is functioning. It does this on both ASI cameras.

I've only installed 2 filters, the L-enhance and L-pro for use with the OSC, position #1 has no filter, 4 and 5 will be HA and Oxygen when I buy them. This will make switching between them so much easier.

Now I am waiting for clear skies, like the rest of you. :D
Steve

Scopes : Explore Scientific ED102 Triplet APO - Radian Raptor Triplet APO - Orion 50mm
Mount : AVX EQ | Software : KStars - EKOS - Stellar OS | Cameras : ZWO ASI533MC ASI1600MM ASI120MM-mini
CPU : Mac Studio, iMac - Kstars-Ekos on Raspberry Rpi4/RPi5 | Misc : Thousand Oaks dew controller - DewNot straps - Optolong L-enhance - ZWO EAF
Image Processing : PixInsight - LightRoom - Photoshop - macOS 14 - Windows 11
Greenman Great Britain
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

TSS Awards Badges

Re: ZWO Filter Wheel

Post by Greenman »

You bought gear and now you are waiting for clear skies :shock:

I hope you get them soon :D
Cheers,

Tony.

Smart Scope: Dwarf II - Club and outreach work.

AP Refractor: Altair 72EDF Deluxe F6;1x & 0.8 Flatteners; Antares Versascope 60mm finder. ASIAir Pro.Li battery pack for grab & go.

Celestron AVX Mount; X-cel LX eyepieces & Barlows 2x 3x, ZWO 2” Filter holder,

Cameras: main DSO ASI533MC; DSO guide ASI120MM; Planetary ASI224MC; DSLR Canon EOS100 stock.

Filters: Astronomik IR cut; Optolong L-Pro; Optolong L-Enhance.

Binoculars: Celestron 15 x 70.

Latitude: 52.219853
Longitude: -1.034471
Accuracy: 5 m
Bortle 4 site. https://maps.google.com/?q=52.21985,-1.03447