Scopes for dual imaging setup

Discuss what equipment, AP Software, AP Apps you are using.
TareqPhoto United Arab Emirates
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

Scopes for dual imaging setup

Post by TareqPhoto »

Hi all,

Just very straight forward question.

If you have almost tight budget up to $1200, and you already have one scope or two but you can't be sure if you can have another one to use next to it for dual system imaging, what will you buy as scopes two of them maximum $1200?

Just ordered second cooled camera very similar same specifications of the one i have, so it means i have to find two scopes to use with it, i have Canon DSLR lenses but none two the same, i can buy one cheap of 3rd party with nice quality same to what i have, but i don't know if a lens is nice enough to be used in imaging.

I am mostly into doing wide field nebulae, something in 200-500mm range, but i see people using 135mm lens too, but i know not all targets i want to image at 135mm only.

My mount is AZ-EQ6, so, show me your suggestions/recommendations.
    Telescope: SkyWatcher: Skymax 180mm F15 Mak, StarTravel 80mm f/5 ---- Meade LX70 8" F5 Newt
      Mount: SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6 GoTo
        Cameras: QHY163M, QHY5L-II-M, ZWO [ASI174MM, ASI290MM, ASI385MC, ASI120MC(damaged)], Sony A7r + Canon DSLRs + lenses [Hasselbald, Canon, Sony, Sigma, Samyang], Hasselbald H4D-60
          Filters: Astrodon Ha 5nm, Cyclops Optics LUX-Series RGB, Optolong NB, Baader filters [M&S Neodymium, Contrast Booster], Skywatcher UHC & OIII
            Software: SGPro, PixInsight, APP, APT, DeepSkyStacker, Nebulosity, SharpCap, FireCapture, PHD2, CDC, Photoshop CC