Live Streaming EAA Questions

Discussion area ONLY for Electronically assisted imaging.
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Live Streaming EAA Questions

Post by TheButcher »

Hey all,

I got some questions on EAA and Live streaming it live so other people can watch my laptop capturing the Moon and planets. And maybe some light DSO stuff. So basically I would like someone to go to my Youtube channel and when they click the streaming link, the streaming will be available when I am out with it.

I know these are pretty generally broad questions but I just want to know the first basic steps to point me in the right direction. I think I got most of what I need as far as Astro gear to get started, it is in my sig. And the cameras that I have are my 1600mm-p and a 290mm, and I recently just bought a ZWO 178MC that should arrive tomorrow. I think I would like to use that one since it is color.

So from there is there anything special that I need other then a typical Astrophotography setup?

Thanks All :)
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob + Rings for EQ mode Mounts: iOptron CEM70 w/ Tri-Pier Barlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep Cameras: ZWO174mm

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
Xio1996 Great Britain
Moon Ambassador

Re: Live Streaming EAA Questions

Post by Xio1996 »

Hi,
I was playing around with streaming my desktop and webcam to Youtube the other day. I was using OBS Studio to stream and it worked OK. It seemed a bit delayed but It was easy to setup. OBS Studio is free and seems to be a very powerful piece of software.

Good luck with your streaming.
EAA Observing from the Isle of Wight, UK
Telescope: Celestron CPC800, NexStar 4se - Camera: Altair Astro Hypercam 294c PRO, ZWO ASI 533MM
Software: CPWI, SharpCap, Stellarium, TheSky, SkyChart, Starry Night 8, Aladin, ASTAP and AstroPlanner.
YouTube 'EAA with an 8-inch SCT' https://www.youtube.com/@Xio2011
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

So after you have finished live streaming, will the video still be on YouTube and available for watching?

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by TheButcher »

Thanks both of you. I will check that out. I figure it could be a good thing with everyone stuck at home for God knows how long. I mainly want to do it for my Nephew but come to think about it it could be good for everyone. I sold my 294mc Pro last fall to help with my 1600 purchase, but I figure the 178 could do well for small stuff especially planets and the moon and short 30 sec stacks in Sharpcap.
:)
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob + Rings for EQ mode Mounts: iOptron CEM70 w/ Tri-Pier Barlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep Cameras: ZWO174mm

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/