All Sky Cam June 27th

Discussion area ONLY for Electronically assisted imaging.
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

All Sky Cam June 27th

Post by TheButcher »

Hey all,

Here is June 27th from my all sky cam setup using a ZWO385mc. I kind of rushed the processing to get it up and should of cut off the first minute but the clouds are kind of cool. I also think I caught a nice meteor and I think some minor ones. I am new at this so learning as I go along. The pictures were taken every 2 seconds I think and gain of 250

Thanks for looking and Please subscribe to my channel. I am only short 990 subscribers to reach 1000 :)

https://youtu.be/9A63lbOTtf4
Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob + Rings for EQ mode Mounts: iOptron CEM70 w/ Tri-Pier Barlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep Cameras: ZWO174mm

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
Harmonious
Earth Ambassador

Re: All Sky Cam June 27th

Post by Harmonious »

Nice job. What lens and software and did you buy or assemble a case for the cam?
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

Just watched it!

It's kind of mesmerising!

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
Dragonsfire Canada
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Dragonsfire »

Cool! Congrats on the setup :)
Neil
Orion XT8i Dob, ES AR102
9x50 RACI Finder, TELRAD Reflex Sight, Electro Dot Sight RD400X
Agena SWA 38mm 70 FOV 2" EP, Orion 25+10mm Sirius Plossl 52 FOV EP
ES 82* 11mm, 18mm 2", ES 68* 24mm, 6mm, 25mm Ortho. EP, Televue 3X Barlow,CS lens 2.8mm-12mm F1.4
Filters Baader Continuum, UV/IF cut, Lumicon UHC, DGM OIII. ND5/3.8 Kendrick
GX1 Lumix, E-PM2, ASI224mc, SteadyPix Deluxe, iOptron SkyTracker 7.7lb
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by TheButcher »

Thanks all :) I just got to figure out how to get it on youtube and not be so blotchy, I used H.264 MP4 or something like that.

As far as the equipment here is a link from when I started it:viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10648

The operating system is Linux based and called Raspian, but I installed a shell over it called Astroberry. Astroberry has all the Astro essesntials and drivers. I used Fire Capture for capturing it. For the camera, I am using my ZWO385mc currently. Before I had the 290mm but had to sell the cam to raise funds, so I just kept the 385mc since I will be doing a lot of planatery. Was thinking of getting a 224mc to leave in it permantly or a 120mm.

My main concern is leaving the camera dome exposed during the day. My backyard gets about 4-5 hours and I usually cover it before the Sun can get to it since a house is blocking. So I decided to attempt to make an automatic Dome Cover as cheap as I can. I had to keep it cheap so my approach now is to use a Linear push pull Solinoid and either use a remote Power on off (which I have) that I can do from my living room or a digital Self timer(which I have also). I am still thinking of how to incorporate it in there. All I know now is that my Dremel is smilling at me. Also to mention I threw in a few Silica Gel Desiccant bags for moisture.

Here are some photos of the box now. I am gona have to raise it when the tomatoe plants get bigger. That is the only real place I can put it until my neighbor has there new fence put in. We share the side of it and don't want to build some type of platform with them working there.

I recently installed these 2 intake air holes. and the other large fan is waterproof and pretty powerfull to get the heat out. I also cover the camera with Relextix on the bottom to retain the heat so no Dew forms. (So far so good and The Rasberry Pi 4 is running around 50c)

Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob + Rings for EQ mode Mounts: iOptron CEM70 w/ Tri-Pier Barlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep Cameras: ZWO174mm

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
Harmonious
Earth Ambassador

Post by Harmonious »

May I say "wow!"? :bow-yellow:
yobbo89 Australia

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by yobbo89 »

Very nice, I need one of these cloud monitoring systems too :lol:
scopes :gso/bintel f4 12"truss tube, bresser messier ar127s /skywatcher 10'' dob,meade 12'' f10 lx200 sct
cameras : asi 1600mm-c/asi1600mm-c,asi120mc,prostar lp guidecam, nikkon d60, sony a7,asi 290 mm
mounts : eq6 pro/eq8/mesu 200 v2
filters : 2'' astronomik lp/badder lrgb h-a,sII,oIII,h-b,Baader Solar Continuum, chroma 3nm ha,sii,oiii,nii,rgb,lowglow,uv/ir,Thousand Oaks Solar Filter,1.25'' #47 violet,pro planet 742 ir,pro planet 807 ir,pro planet 642 bp ir.
extras : skywatcher f4 aplanatic cc, Baader MPCC MKIII Coma Corrector,Orion Field Flattener,zwo 1.25''adc.starlight maxi 2" 9x filter wheel,tele vue 2x barlow .