StarTools color fix

Discuss how you are able to get those fantastic images!!!
SKEtrip United States of America
Jupiter Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

StarTools color fix

Post by SKEtrip »

With several inches of snow on .2" of ice I'm just practicing processing with some old shots.
Came across this image of the moon. One of the first pictures taken with the 294 & I turned it into green cheese.
Luna 2019 03 16 original.png
Like the pic, not the color & thought "wonder what ST could do with it?"
Ran it through the ST color module (Rotated & Cropped in MS Photo)
Luna 2019 03 16 ST color.png
I'm amazed - I wonder if it can save the night I "smurfed" Jupiter?
AD10, SV102T, AR127 & ST80
M2 & SW AZEQ6 GT Mounts
ES82 11 18 24, ES100 5.5 9 14 20, KK Orthos, BCO's, Vixen HR 2.4, 3.4 Vortex 10X50,
ACD 75 Astro Mutt - Rest in Peace Wubby
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein

bladekeeper
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: StarTools color fix

Post by bladekeeper »

Very nice, Steve!

Yup, ST can definitely jerk a knot in the color balance and make it straighten right up. :D
Bryan
Scopes: Apertura AD12 f/5; Celestron C6-R f/8; ES AR127 f/6.4; Stellarvue SV102T f/7; iOptron MC90 f/13.3; Orion ST80A f/5; ES ED80 f/6; Celestron Premium 80 f/11.4; Celestron C80 f/11.4; Unitron Model 142 f/16; Meade NG60 f/10
Mounts: Celestron AVX; Bresser EXOS-2; ES Twilight I; ES Twilight II; iOptron Cube-G; AZ3/wood tripod; Vixen Polaris
Binoculars: Pentax PCF WP II 10×50, Bresser Corvette 10×50, Bresser Hunter 16×50 and 8×40, Garrett Gemini 12×60 LW, Gordon 10×50, Apogee 20×100

Don Quixote

Post by Don Quixote »

Wow!
You aren't kidding Bryan!
That is quite a turn around, Steve.
Thank you.
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by SKEtrip »

bladekeeper wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:58 pm Very nice, Steve!

Yup, ST can definitely jerk a knot in the color balance and make it straighten right up. :D
I had nary a clue, just goofing around with knobs to see what happens..... :lol:
I am going to dig up the smurfpiter tonight & see what happens. :popcorn:
M2 & SW AZEQ6 GT Mounts
ES82 11 18 24, ES100 5.5 9 14 20, KK Orthos, BCO's, Vixen HR 2.4, 3.4 Vortex 10X50,
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Robert A. Heinlein

Star Dad United States of America
Orion Spur Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by Star Dad »

I have noticed that since the new streetlight 5000K LEDs were put in my area that I get an abundance of green stars. StarTools color module does a great job of returning color balance - getting rid of the greens and making the yellows pop more. Well done. I'm not a particular fan of green cheese. I usually scrape the green parts off. Well done! :lol:
"To be good is not enough when you dream of being great"

Orion 203mm/f4.9/1000mm, converted TASCO 114mm/f9/1000mm to steam punk, Meade 114mm/f9/1000, Coronado PST, Orion EQ-G, Ioptron Mini-Tower and iEQ30, Canon 70D, ASI120MM,ASI294MC, Ioptron SkyHunter
bobharmony
Local Group Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by bobharmony »

Yep, StarTools has some very nice color management. I never thought of throwing it at anything besides a deep sky object. It'll be interesting to see what it does with your "Green Jup"!

Bob
Hardware: Celestron C6-N w/ Advanced GTmount, Baader MK iii CC, Orion ST-80, Canon 60D (unmodded), Nikon D5300 (modded), Orion SSAG
Software: BYE, APT, PHD2, DSS, PhotoShop CC 2020, StarTools, Cartes du Ciel, AstroTortilla

Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Post by SKEtrip »

Star Dad wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:34 pm Well done. I'm not a particular fan of green cheese. I usually scrape the green parts off.
A prudent course of action!
Thanks!
bobharmony wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:40 pm Yep, StarTools has some very nice color management. I never thought of throwing it at anything besides a deep sky object. It'll be interesting to see what it does with your "Green Jup"!

Bob
Jupiter was actually smurf blue, but Blast I can't find it. I must of nuked them when I upgraded the laptop hard drive. Crud.
You should have seen it, it made smurfette look pale..

Thank you , Bob
M2 & SW AZEQ6 GT Mounts