Help with RGGB BGGR in DSS using ZWO 294mc Pro

Discuss how you are able to get those fantastic images!!!
TheButcher United States of America
Vendor
Vendor
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Help with RGGB BGGR in DSS using ZWO 294mc Pro

Post by TheButcher »

Hey all,

For some time now I have been trying to figure out why my images when stretched using curves would be blue instead of Red. For my past images, I have had to adjust the "Hue" to achieve the Red from Blue. Here is one example that I took of the Pelican Nebula with my ZWo 294MC Pro. It should be a Red Color right? Anyway I took the imaging in Sharpcap Pro 3.2 with Forced Debayer RGGB mode on and the image was flipped both ways. I included the sharpcap settings and 2 examples that I did on the exact same file, only difference is that I switched the RGGB and BGGR around. It seems for my 294mc Pro (Deep Sky Stacker) likes the BGGR? I am confused lol. Also I am a bit confused on the Sigma Kappa clipping settings, in the past I have been using it set to 1 and 5.

Anyway what is the correct color that should be displayed on the strong curve I did to bring out the nebulocity more to compare. in the images in the photo for the Pelican Nebula

Thanks in advanced :)

Telescopes:Apertura AD12 Dob : iOptron CEM70 without TripodBarlows:GSO 2x Shorty Focuser: Rigel nStep

See All of my Images at: https://astronebula.com/slide-show/
jmfloater United States of America
Mars Ambassador
Articles: 0

Re: Help with RGGB BGGR in DSS using ZWO 294mc Pro

Post by jmfloater »

I've heard that one way to check if you have the bayer matrix correctly identified is to use your setup to shoot a daytime image of your surrounding landscape. You know what those colors should be so no guess work. Debayer the image and check the result for accuracy. Good luck!
John

Imaging scope Stellavue SV80S on a Losmandy G11 mount. Roll off roof observatory.
Software: PixInsight, SGPro, Phd2.