Combining OSC + L + SHO data on M33?

Discuss how you are able to get those fantastic images!!!
ram United States of America
Saturn Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Combining OSC + L + SHO data on M33?

Post by ram »

Hi all, I previously took some mono shots of M33 with my QHY163M using an L filter and then I also took some shots with the Ha, O3 and S2 filters (there is signal there for each filter in different areas). The L shot by itself looks very nice.

I also redid M33 with my 247C and that also looks nice by itself. I'm just going by livestacks without reprocessing but I imagine that will only make it look better.

So my question is whether I can do something to combine all of this data into one colourful and pseudo-informative image. I'm thinking along these lines:

1. I could try to enhance the colours on the OSC image with the SHO data (LVA tutorials talk about doing this) but then I'm not sure what I should do with the L data.

2. I could split the OSC image into RGB images and then use the L data to create an LRGB image which I can then update with the Ha, S2, and O3 colours.

Also my approach will be to create an integrated L master light registered to the OSC master light, and then register each of the Ha, O3, and S2 master lights to the OSC master light, and then figure out some way of combining the colours that makes the most sense and is aesthetically pleasing.

Thoughts?

--Ram
Tubes: Celestron 9.25" 235mm f/10 XLT EdgeHD SCT; Meade ETX 80mm f/5 achromat; Coronado SolarMax II 60mm f/6.6 Hα <0.7Å BF10 solar; Stellarvue 70mm f/6 triplet apochromat; Obsession UC18 457mm f/4.2 with Argo Navis & ServoCAT; Takahashi FS128 5" f/8.1 and FC100DF 4" f/7.4 fluorite doublet apochromats. Mounts: AVX; LXD75; Paramount MyT. Eyepieces: 2" Tele Vue Ethos 4.7/13/21mm, Paracorr, 2,4x Powermate; Stellarvue 0.8x, Takahashi 0.7x, 0.66x reducer/corrector. Cameras: ZWO ASI120MC-S; Lodestar X2c; X2m; Canon T7i; QHY163M; QHY247C; QHY294M-Pro. Filters: 1.25" Astrodon 5nm Ha, 3nm O3 and S2; Chroma LRGB.