NGC 5128 Data

Discuss how you are able to get those fantastic images!!!
lostone United States of America
Jupiter Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

NGC 5128 Data

Post by lostone »

Hello northerners. I have commissioned a set of LRGB data of NGC 5128, Centaurus A. This is a beautiful and unique galaxy. I have LRGB data 30ea @ 120s. This data is taken using a 20" Dall-Kirkman scope in South Africa. I have asked and permission has been granted for me to share this data with you. I would like for people to process this data and post the results here in this thread. Here is a rough image of the target so you know what you are playing with. I am myself still working with this data. The link to the data will be listed below. There is a set of Masters, Calibrated frames, calibration data and Raw data. This way you can choose how your want to process the data. Either from scratch or from the masters. The choice is yours. This is not a contest or anything of that sort. There are no prizes for who comes up with the best. I am doing this to give those of us in the northern hemisphere to process some data from the southern hemisphere. The only request that I have is that you keep the data to yourself and don't spread it around. This data is for Theskysearchers members only please. Thank you and I look forward to see what everyone comes up with.
Sample.jpg
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most! :tease:

Scope: Explorer Scientific 127CF, Askar FR600, Planewave CDK 14""
Guide Scope & Camera: ASI 174, ZWO OAG-L
Camera: QHY 268 Mono, QHY 600 Mono
Mount: Planewave L-350, Skywatcher EQ8-Rh Pro, Losmandy G11
Accessories: Moonlite Nitecrawler WR30, WR35, Eagle 3&4 Pro, QHY CFW3/7 Filterwheel, QHY Polemaster,
Software: N.I.N.A., CdC, Planewave 3, Pixinsight
messier 111 Canada
Universal Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

Re: NGC 5128 Data

Post by messier 111 »

nice capture , thx .
I LOVE REFRACTORS , :Astronomer1: :sprefac:

REFRACTOR , TS-Optics Doublet SD-APO 125 mm f/7.8 . Lunt 80mm MT Ha Doublet Refractor .

EYEPIECES, Delos , Delite and 26mm Nagler t5 , 2 zoom Svbony 7-21 , Orion Premium Linear BinoViewer .

FILTER , Nebustar 2 tele vue . Apm solar wedge . contrast booster 2 inches .

Mounts , berno mack 3 with telepod , cg-4 motorized , eq6 pro belt drive .

“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.”
― Isaac Asimov

Jean-Yves :flags-canada:
STEVE333 United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

Thanks for making the data available. I've downloaded the masters. This will be my first real LRGB processing so I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Cheers,

Steve
Steve King: Light Pollution (Bortle 5)
Telescope + Mount + Guiding: W.O. Star71-ii + iOptron CEM40 EC + Orion Magnificent Mini AutoGuider
Camera: ASI 1600MM Pro + EFW Filter Wheel + Chroma 3nm Siii, Ha, Oiii + ZWO LRGB Filters
Software: PHD2; APT; PixInsight ***** My AP website: www.steveking.pictures
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Gordon »

Thanks for sharing the data. This should be fun!!
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

STEVE333 United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

Here is my attempt done with PI.

NGC5128.jpg
Steve
Steve King: Light Pollution (Bortle 5)
Telescope + Mount + Guiding: W.O. Star71-ii + iOptron CEM40 EC + Orion Magnificent Mini AutoGuider
Camera: ASI 1600MM Pro + EFW Filter Wheel + Chroma 3nm Siii, Ha, Oiii + ZWO LRGB Filters
Software: PHD2; APT; PixInsight ***** My AP website: www.steveking.pictures
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by lostone »

STEVE333 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:06 am Here is my attempt done with PI.

Steve
Nice job :) Still playing with mine. LRGB is my week point.

Accessories: Moonlite Nitecrawler WR30, WR35, Eagle 3&4 Pro, QHY CFW3/7 Filterwheel, QHY Polemaster,
UkDave Great Britain
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UkDave »

Loveley Data processed in Startools 1.8 Alpha a few artefacts around stars i will send ivo my logs as he evaluates 1.8 Alpha .
StarTools 1.8.503alpha
Sun Jun 20 09:05:13 2021
-----------------------------------------------------------
Loading luminance channel data
File loaded in LRGB module [C:\Users\DAVID\Downloads\ngc 5128\NGC5128-Luminance-session_1.fits].
Loading red channel data
File loaded in LRGB module [C:\Users\DAVID\Downloads\ngc 5128\NGC5128-Red-session_1.fits].
Loading green channel data
File loaded in LRGB module [C:\Users\DAVID\Downloads\ngc 5128\NGC5128-Green-session_1.fits].
Loading blue channel data
File loaded in LRGB module [C:\Users\DAVID\Downloads\ngc 5128\NGC5128-Blue-session_1.fits].
--- Compose
Parameter [Luminance, Color] set to [L + Synthetic L From RGB, RGB]
Parameter [Color Ch. Interpolation] set to [On]
Parameter [UNKNOWN] set to [Ha/S-II from NB filter]
Parameter [Lum Total Exposure] set to [1h00m (60m) (3600s)]
Parameter [Blue Total Exposure] set to [1h00m (60m) (3600s)]
Parameter [Green Total Exposure] set to [1h00m (60m) (3600s)]
Parameter [Red Total Exposure] set to [1h00m (60m) (3600s)]
Image size is 4216 x 4458
Type of Data: Linear, was not Bayered, or was Bayered + white balanced
--- Auto Develop
Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [Off]
Parameter [Outside RoI Influence] set to [15 %]
Parameter [RoI X1] set to [0 pixels]
Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [0 pixels]
Parameter [RoI X2] set to [4216 pixels (-0)]
Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [4458 pixels (-0)]
Parameter [Detector Gamma] set to [1.00]
Parameter set to [50 %] --- Bin Parameter [Scale] set to [scale 50.00% / +2.00 bits / +1.00x SNR improvement] Image size is 2108 x 2229 --- Crop Parameter [X1] set to [120 pixels] Parameter [Y1] set to [204 pixels] Parameter [X2] set to [2025 pixels (-83)] Parameter [Y2] set to [2117 pixels (-112)] Image size is 1905 x 1913 Redoing stretch of linear data --- Auto Develop Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [Off] Parameter [Outside RoI Influence] set to [15 %] Parameter [RoI X1] set to [0 pixels] Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [0 pixels] Parameter [RoI X2] set to [1905 pixels (-0)] Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [1913 pixels (-0)] Parameter [Detector Gamma] set to [1.00] Parameter [Shadow Linearity] set to [50 %] --- Wipe Parameter [Synthetic Dark/Bias] set to [Off] Parameter [Gradient Edge Behavior] set to [Absorb 50%] Parameter [Synthetic Flats] set to [Off] Parameter [Sampling Precision] set to [256 x 256 pixels] Parameter [Dark Anomaly Filter] set to [4 pixels] Parameter [Gradient Falloff] set to [0 %] Parameter [Synth. Bias Edge Area] set to [100 %] Parameter [Gradient Aggressiveness] set to [75 %] Parameter [Correlation Filtering] set to [0.1 pixels] Redoing stretch of linear data --- Auto Develop Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [2.1 pixels] Parameter [Outside RoI Influence] set to [15 %] Parameter [RoI X1] set to [325 pixels] Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [407 pixels] Parameter [RoI X2] set to [1530 pixels (-375)] Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [1445 pixels (-468)] Parameter [Detector Gamma] set to [1.00] Parameter [Shadow Linearity] set to [50 %] --- Contrast Parameter [Expose Dark Areas] set to [Yes] Parameter [Brightness Retention] set to [Global Mode Align] Parameter [Precision] set to [256 x 256 pixels] Parameter [Shadow Detail Size] set to [23 pixels] Parameter [Locality] set to [50 %] Parameter [Shadow Dyn Range Alloc] set to [50 %] --- HDR Parameter [Small Detail Precision] set to [Max] Parameter [Channels] set to [Brightness Only] Parameter [Algorithm] set to [Reveal DSO Core] Parameter [Dark/Bright Response] set to [Full] Parameter [Detail Size Range] set to [1000 pixels] Parameter [Strength] set to [1.3] --- Wavelet Sharpen Parameter [Structure Size] set to [Large] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- SNR-aware Wavelet Sharpening Parameter [Scale 1] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 2] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 3] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 4] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 5] set to [100 %] Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [4 pixels] Parameter [Amount] set to [300 %] Parameter [High SNR Size Bias] set to [85 %] Parameter [Low SNR Size Bias] set to [0 %] Parameter [Dark/Light Enhance] set to [50% / 50%] --- Spatially Variant PSF Deconvolution Parameter [PSF Resampling] set to [None] Parameter [Synthetic PSF Model] set to [Circle of Confusion (Optics Only)] Parameter [Sampled Area] set to [15x15] Parameter [Synthetic PSF Radius] set to [1.5 pixels] Parameter [Synthetic Iterations] set to [Off] Parameter [Spatial Error] set to [1.00] Parameter [Deringing Fuzz] set to [20.0 pixels] Parameter [Deringing] set to [50 %] Parameter [Dyn. Range Extension] set to [1.00] Parameter [Linearity Cutoff] set to [85 %] Parameter [Sampled Iterations] set to [10x] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Color Parameter [Bias Slider Mode] set to [Sliders Reduce Color Bias] Parameter [Style] set to [Scientific (Color Constancy)] Parameter [LRGB Method Emulation] set to [Straight CIELab Luminance Retention] Parameter [Matrix] set to [Identity (OFF)] Parameter [Dark Saturation] set to [1.5] Parameter [Bright Saturation] set to [Full] Parameter [Saturation Amount] set to [185 %] Parameter [Blue Bias Reduce] set to [1.00] Parameter [Green Bias Reduce] set to [1.73] Parameter [Red Bias Reduce] set to [1.22] Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [1.0 pixels] Parameter [Cap Green] set to [0 %] Parameter [Highlight Repair] set to [Off] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Shrink Parameter [Mode] set to [Tighten] Parameter [Halo Extend] set to [1 pixels] Parameter [Iterations] set to [3] Parameter [Regularization] set to [0.85] Parameter [Color Taming] set to [2 pixels] Parameter [De-ringing] set to [Off] Parameter [Un-glow Strength] set to [8 %] Parameter [Un-glow Kernel] set to [29.9 pixels] --- Entropy-driven Detail Enhancement Parameter [Resolution] set to [Medium] Parameter [Channel Selection] set to [All] Parameter [Strength] set to [100 %] Parameter [Midtone Pull Filter] set to [20.0 pixels] Parameter [Midtone Pull Strength] set to [50 %] Parameter [Dark/Light Enhance] set to [50% / 50%] --- Super Structure Parameter [Detail Preservation] set to [Linear Brightness Mask] Parameter [Compositing Algorithm] set to [Screen] Parameter [Brightness, Color] set to [Only Color] Parameter [Brightness Retention] set to [Off] Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [1.0 pixels] Parameter [Airy Disk Radius] set to [50 %] Parameter [Gamma] set to [0.07] Parameter [Detail Preservation Radius] set to [20.0 pixels] Parameter [Saturation] set to [200 %] Parameter [Strength] set to [100 %] --- Unified De-Noise Parameter [Grain Size] set to [5.0 pixels] Parameter [Walking Noise Size] set to [1.0 pixels] Parameter [Walking Noise Angle] set to [0] --- Unified De-Noise Parameter [Scale 1] set to [99 %] Parameter [Scale 2] set to [95 %] Parameter [Scale 3] set to [95 %] Parameter [Scale 4] set to [95 %] Parameter [Scale 5] set to [50 %] Parameter [Equalized Grain] set to [0 %] Parameter [Scale Correlation] set to [50 %] Parameter [Color Detail Loss] set to [50 %] Parameter [Brightness Detail Loss] set to [50 %] Parameter [Grain Dispersion] set to [5.0 pixels] File saved [C:\Users\DAVID\Downloads\ngc 5128\NGC5128.jpg].
Attachments
NGC5128.jpg
helicon United States of America
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 584

TSS Awards Badges

Post by helicon »

Nice rendering Dave!
-Michael
Refractors: ES AR152 f/6.5 Achromat on Twilight II, Celestron 102mm XLT f/9.8 on Celestron Heavy Duty Alt Az mount, KOWA 90mm spotting scope
Binoculars: Celestron SkyMaster 15x70, Bushnell 10x50
Eyepieces: Various, GSO Superview, 9mm Plossl, Celestron 25mm Plossl
Camera: ZWO ASI 120
Naked Eye: Two Eyeballs
Latitude: 48.7229° N
KathyNS Canada
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by KathyNS »

Thank you, @lostone, for providing this very fine data. Here is my version of it.
LRGB-1000px.jpg
DSO AP: Orion 200mm f/4 Newtonian Astrograph; ATIK 383L+; EFW2 filter wheel; Astrodon Ha,Oiii,LRGB filters; KWIQ/QHY5 guide scope; Planetary AP: Celestron C-11; ZWO ASI120MC; Portable: Celestron C-8 on HEQ5 pro; C-90 on wedge; 20x80 binos; Etc: Canon 350D; Various EPs, etc. Obs: 8' Exploradome; iOptron CEM60 (pier); Helena Observatory (H2O) Astrobin
Jockinireland Ireland
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Jockinireland »

I'm a bit late coming to this one - busy with other processing. But this was areal treat to process. A target that I'm never likely to have a chance at and really nice data too.

This was done in Pixinsight with a couple of tweaks in Photoshop to finish.

Thanks for sharing @lostone
Eta_Car_LRGB_PS_F.jpg
Scope: Skywatcher Evostar 80ED (SW 0.85 FR/FF) on a SW NEQ6Pro
Guiding; SW Evoguide 50ED, ASI 120mm mini
Meade 8" LX200 GPS on wedge (Guided with a cheapo 50mm guidescope and a ZWO ASI 120mm mini)
Sharpstar 61EDPH II (with dedicated 0.8 reducer) with wiliam Optics 32mm uniguide
Camera: ASI2600MC pro. QHY 163M with ZWO 7nm NB filters, Canon EOS700D astro mod
Secondary mount: Skywatcher StarAdventurer

My Astrobin https://www.astrobin.com/users/mackiedlm/
Jupiter Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by lostone »

Jockinireland wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:33 pm I'm a bit late coming to this one - busy with other processing. But this was areal treat to process. A target that I'm never likely to have a chance at and really nice data too.

This was done in Pixinsight with a couple of tweaks in Photoshop to finish.

Thanks for sharing @lostone

Looking good :) I actually haven't had much time to work on my own data, LOL. It's in the Que to work on.