INDIGO

Discuss how you are able to get those fantastic images!!!
bradleybcraig
Jupiter Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

INDIGO

Post by bradleybcraig »

Greetings!

So I am extremely happy with all the functionality of Sequence Generator Pro. I am not however, pleased with their move to subscription based model. At this point at most I probably will just freeze at my current version and not subscribe.

On that note, I have been mildly paying attention to and playing with INDIGO platform. It interests me because my main PC platform is OS X and I am currently driving my AP gear with a Mac Mini that has Windows 10 loaded on it so I can use ASCOM and SG Pro/PHD2. I have another Mac Mini I would like to play with INDIGO on. I will probably do this in the next few months. I am in the middle of imaging something right now so I can't until I am finished with that.

I am curious is anyone else is using INDI or INDIGO. Also CloudMakers has, for minor fees, imager, guider, telescope and other GUI components. Anyone using these?

Thanks in advance

Clear skies :-)
-Brad

Hardware: Meade 8" ACF, Mallincam CF VRC-8 & 0.75 reducer w/ Moonlite 2" CS focuser & High Res Stepper, WO Star 71 w/ Moonlite High Res Stepper,
iOptron CEM60, Modified Canon 450D, Atik 383L+ mono, Lodestar X2, 2" Atik EFW2, Astrodon 36mm 3nm NB Ha/Sii/Oiii Filters, LRGB Gen2 E-Series Tru-Balance Filters, PoleMaster
Software: SkySafari Pro, Sequence Generator Pro, PHD2, PixInsight
Astrobin: https://www.astrobin.com/users/a028964/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bradleycr ... roimaging/
Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1044

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

TSS EAA Messier awards

Re: INDIGO

Post by Gordon »

The SGP thing also caused me to rethink software. I run a windows 10 pro machine on my scope side and remotely operate the equipment on a windows 10 machine inside my home. I tried NINA https://nighttime-imaging.eu/ and I'm pretty happy with it. They don't offer a Mac version but if you are already setup to run Windows it might be an option.
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

My experience is limited to Windows, CPWI and APT with PHD2. APT has a bug that won't let it control the camera cooler properly, so I've been using ASI Studio.

It will be interesting to watch this thread develop to see what else is out there.

Not being a Mac fanboy, I'm off to have a look at NINA now!

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
SkyHiker United States of America
Local Group Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by SkyHiker »

My recommendation is to go with INDI. I installed KStars/Ekos on my Raspberry Pi (I believe that's the equivalent of an AsiAIR perhaps with more features) and it has everything I need, running on 2W controlling my OnStep controller. I remote login with VNC. It has dome control, program scheduling, plate solving, autoguiding, planetarium control, pretty much everything you would need. It helps to be somewhat Linux literate but honestly it worked just following the website installation instructions.
... Henk. :D Telescopes: GSO 12" Astrograph, "Comet Hunter" MN152, ES ED127CF, ES ED80, WO Redcat51, Z12, AT6RC, Celestron Skymaster 20x80, Mounts and tripod: Losmandy G11S with OnStep, AVX, Tiltall, Cameras: ASI2600MC, ASI2600MM, ASI120 mini, Fuji X-a1, Canon XSi, T6, ELPH 100HS, DIY: OnStep controller, Pi4b/power rig, Afocal adapter, Foldable Dob base, Az/Alt Dob setting circles, Accessories: ZWO 36 mm filter wheel, TV Paracorr 2, Baader MPCC Mk III, ES FF, SSAG, QHY OAG-M, EAF electronic focuser, Plossls, Barlows, Telrad, Laser collimators (Seben LK1, Z12, Howie Glatter), Cheshire, 2 Orion RACIs 8x50, Software: KStars-Ekos, DSS, PHD2, Nebulosity, Photo Gallery, Gimp, CHDK, Computers:Pi4b, 2x running KStars/Ekos, Toshiba Satellite 17", Website:Henk's astro images