anyone heard of washinglee cables?

Discuss Celestron telescopes
astronut
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

anyone heard of washinglee cables?

Post by astronut »

greetings everyone my first post here.

I have a celestron 130 slt with version 4 hand control and its running an early firmware 4.12. I'm aware that i need a cable that also requires a usb adapter but i found a cable that has the phone jack plug with usb. the site states its used to connect to a pc but did not state if it can also serve as a firmware update cable. i asked the seller but he/she responded like a robot.

my question was: will this cable work to update the firmware my celestron 130 slt (version 4 hand controller)

the answer was: 1. It is USB to RJ9 (4P4C) cable, Please double check the port of your device ( like Hand Controller) before placing order.
2. One cord is enough to connect PC/Laptop and your Celestron device (like Hand Controller) with RJ9 port (4P4C). To direct the telescope by PC/Laptop for target stars. Control telescope by clicking on sky maps on computer monitor. Certain telescopes allow downloading new data into database.
3. 【Supported Devices】 To control Celestron Telescope, NexStar 8 SE, Celestron C8i SE scope, Celestron NexStar 6se, Celestron Nexstar 90GT telescope, Nextar 4se, Celestron 90 SLT, NexStar 8SE, Advanced VX, Celestron 102 GT, Celestron NexStar 114, and so on.

this person did not answer my question at all. leads me to believe that the cable does not work for updating the firmware.

one might say "if i'm happy with the way my telescope is performing, why update it? well, it works fine except that when i align it, it does'nt land on the target. its pretty well off but when i get the object in the eyepiece it tracks well. my other scopes (8se and mak 127) find their target at about 97% accuracy.

please, if anyone can shed some light on this i'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

chris
JayTee United States of America
Universal Ambassador
Articles: 2

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: anyone heard of washinglee cables?

Post by JayTee »

Hi Chris,

Welcome to TSS.

To make a long story long -- last year you needed these two cables to both control your Celestron mount from your PC/laptop and update the firmware.

Now it looks like the Washinglee cable does the job of both cables above. The only problem is, both cables above together are still cheaper in cost than the Washinglee cable by $2.

So take your pick. I own the two cable method and have had zero issues controlling and updating my Celestron mounts (I have quite a few).

Cheers,
JT
∞ Primary Scopes: #1: Celestron CPC1100 #2: 8" f/7.5 Dob #3: CR150HD f/8 6" frac
∞ AP Scopes: #1: TPO 6" f/9 RC #2: ES 102 f/7 APO #3: ES 80mm f/6 APO
∞ G&G Scopes: #1: Meade 102mm f/7.8 #2: Bresser 102mm f/4.5
∞ Guide Scopes: 70 & 80mm fracs -- The El Cheapo Bros.
∞ Mounts: iOptron CEM70AG, SW EQ6, Celestron AVX, SLT & GT (Alt-Az), Meade DS2000
∞ Cameras: #1: ZWO ASI294MC Pro #2: 662MC #3: 120MC, Canon T3i, Orion SSAG, WYZE Cam3
∞ Binos: 10X50,11X70,15X70, 25X100
∞ EPs: ES 2": 21mm 100° & 30mm 82° Pentax XW: 7, 10, 14, & 20mm 70°

Searching the skies since 1966. "I never met a scope I didn't want to keep."

astronut
Earth Ambassador
Articles: 0

Re: anyone heard of washinglee cables?

Post by astronut »

2 bucks for less cables works for me. thnak you so much!!!