Sticky - Processing script for Pixinsight and SLOOH Scopes

Post your Remote Telescope images here and join in the discussion.
Ben Cartwright SASS
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Sticky - Processing script for Pixinsight and SLOOH Scopes

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

SLOOH like most remote observatories provides fits images from the imaging runs you do. With SLOOH they are calibrated files, meaning that the flats, darks, and bias files have been subtracted out of the provided files. Some observatories like "Insight" provide both calibrated files as well as files with flats darks and bias'.
One of the members at SLOOH created an auto script "autointegrate.js" to automatically process SLOOH fits files using PIXINSIGHT (PI). I have tried it with Insight images but haven't figure out how to get it to work with them. However it works great with all the fits files that SLOOH provides. The most current version of autointegrate also allows you to use your own files from your own scopes/cameras. Again I am not sure why I haven't been able to get it to work with Insight, probably something I am doing wrong.

The program and info can be found at https://ruuth.xyz/AutoIntegrateInfo.html

AUTOINTEGRATE

INFO
Overview

AutoIntegrate is a PixInsight script to process FITS and other image files and run a basic image processing workflow to create a final image. Script has a GUI interface where some processing options can be selected. AutoIntegrate can do the whole image processing workflow including image calibration.

After running the script there will be integrated light images and automatically processed final image. LRGB, color/OSC/DSLR and narrowband files are accepted.

Files accepted by the script
Script accepts all files that are supported by PixInsight. It can be used with FITS files from telescopes, or RAW files from DSLR. It can be used with both calibrated and non-calibrated files. For non-calibrated files the script can do image calibration.

Calibrated files from remote telescope systems like Telescope Live, iTelescope, Slooh and Deep Sky West have been tested and they work fine.

When using RAW or OSC files, the script by default does debayering of the files. It is recommended to use the Pure RAW setting in PixInsight. If the files are already debayered you should choose None in the Debayer list.

How the script automatically recognizes different files
First script checks if the file has a FILTER keyword that specifies the image as Luminance, Red, Green, Blue, Ha, SII, OIII or Color data. The following FILTER values are recognized: Luminance, Clear, L, Red, R, Green, G, Blue, B, SII, S, Halpha, Ha, H, OIII, O, Color. If there is a FILTER keyword but it is not one of the recognized values, the file is treated as a color file. Only the first letter of the FILTER keyword is used to detect the filter type.
If the FILTER keyword is not found then files that end with _L, _R, _G, _B, _H, _S, _O or _C are treated as filter files. For example ngc6514_R.fit is treated as a Red filter file.
Otherwise files are assumed to be color files.
If IMAGETYP keyword is set on files script can automatically detect bias, dark and flat calibration files when adding light files. Also flat dark files are recognized with a special value 'flat dark'.

Adding filter files manually
If automatic detection of the FILTER keyword does not correctly recognize the filter type, it is possible to manually add files for each filter. This can be enabled by checking 'Add manually' or 'Do not use FILTER keyword’ boxes.

There are separate buttons for each filter type recognized by the script. Also color/OSC/DSLR files can be added manually. Manual adding is useful if the FILTER keyword is missing or just for overriding filter keyword.

Running the script
Steps to run the script

Open Script Editor in PixInsight
Open file AutoIntegrate.js
Press F9 to run the script in the editor
Add files with Add buttons
Click Run and wait until the script completes
Erik Westermann has written more detailed instructions in his blog article PixInsight AutoIntegrate.js Processing Script
I might not always be right but I am never wrong, once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken...

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59
Free advice is seldom cheap

"Sometimes having is not so pleasing as wanting, it's not logical but it is true"
Commander Spock

Canon DSLR's R7, R6II, 5D, 7D2, 90D 21 lenses incl. 100-400L mk ii, 70-200L mk iii f/2.8, RF600/11
Lunt LS50 DS, LS80 DS, Lunt 102ED, Stellarvue SV80 APO, Orion ST80, 127 MAK, Skywatcher Evostar 120ED, 102 MAK, Celestron 8" Edge HD, 102AZ
Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro
ZWO ASI071MC-cool, ASI174mm, ASI174mm-cool, ASI178MC-cool, ASI290 mini, ASI120MM-S, ASI120MC Revolution Player One mm (178 chip)
Ben Cartwright SASS
Orion Spur Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Re: Sticky - Processing script for Pixinsight and SLOOH Scopes

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

two scripts that discuss process SLOOH images in depth are here

autointegrate description.docx
(1.5 MiB) Downloaded 49 times
I might not always be right but I am never wrong, once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken...

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #59
Free advice is seldom cheap

"Sometimes having is not so pleasing as wanting, it's not logical but it is true"
Commander Spock

Canon DSLR's R7, R6II, 5D, 7D2, 90D 21 lenses incl. 100-400L mk ii, 70-200L mk iii f/2.8, RF600/11
Lunt LS50 DS, LS80 DS, Lunt 102ED, Stellarvue SV80 APO, Orion ST80, 127 MAK, Skywatcher Evostar 120ED, 102 MAK, Celestron 8" Edge HD, 102AZ
Skywatcher EQ6-R Pro
ZWO ASI071MC-cool, ASI174mm, ASI174mm-cool, ASI178MC-cool, ASI290 mini, ASI120MM-S, ASI120MC Revolution Player One mm (178 chip)