Remote obsy makes APOD

Post your Remote Telescope images here and join in the discussion.
pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Remote obsy makes APOD

Post by pakarinen »

Got this e-blast this morning. Gotta say it's a stunning pic.

APOD - The Pelican Nebula Imaged On ATEO-1
By Insight Observatory on Mar 01, 2021 04:51 am

Insight Observatory is very proud and honored to announce its very first Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD)! APOD is a well-known world wide web publication affiliated with NASA of a different image or photograph of our fascinating universe each day, along with a brief explanation written by a professional astronomer.

The image that was selected for today's APOD is The Pelican Nebula (also known as IC 5070 and IC 5067). The final image processed was produced from an image set created between May and September of 2020 for Starbase, Insight Observatory's image set repository. The exposure time is close to 15 hours imaged with H-Alpha, Luminance, Red, Green, and Blue filters on Insight Observatory's 16" f/3.7 Dream astrograph reflector (ATEO-1) remote telescope hosted at SkyPi Remote Observatory located in New Mexico
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s