Site Admin
Site Admin
Articles: 1037

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

How this works!

Post by Gordon »

Once a month we will present a TSS members stacked raw data to allow our other members to process and post the completed image. Members can submit their data by loading it up to a open shared dropbox, Google drive, or other file sharing site. Then email a link to tssapchallenge@theskysearchers.com along with your comments. This should give us a 'reserve' to draw from as the Challenge moves forward.
Please remember to have a stacked tiff or fits file in your link. And we welcome DSO, Planetary, Lunar, Solar or nightsscape images for processing.

This is NOT a contest, no judging will be done so don't be afraid to post what you came up with and ask for critiques and advice.

We ask that you also post the steps you took to create the completed image. Other members can ask questions and review just what was done to produce the image. At the end of the month the topic will be closed so no new posts can be made. There will be a 'stickie' included that you can post questions about older images if you wish. This stickie will also include a FAQ.

Hopefully this will help new folks in learning just what it takes to produce a great looking AP photo!

Have fun!!!
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
Mounts: Orion Atlas EQ-g mount & Skywatcher EQ5 Pro.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC
Filters: LRGB, Ha 7nm, O-III 7nm, S-II 7nm
Eyepieces: a few.
Primary software: Cartes du Ciel, N.I.N.A, StarTools V1.4.

Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: How this works!

Post by Gordon »

We need your images!!! (see above)
Gordon
Scopes: Explore Scientific ED80CF, Skywatcher 200 Quattro Imaging Newt, SeeStar S50 for EAA.
ZWO mini guider.
Image cameras: ZWO ASI1600 MM Cool, ZWO ASI533mc-Pro, ZWO ASI174mm-C (for use with my Quark chromosphere), ZWO ASI120MC

Gordon United States of America
Site Admin
Site Admin

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: How this works!

Post by Gordon »

We are going to attempt to resurrect our TSS AP processing challenge. To get this rolling we will need some new data. What we are looking for is members to allow other members to process image data that has already been stacked. If it's narrow band images we can use each of the stacked filter images allowing members to combine them to form different combinations.

As mentioned above, Members can submit their data by loading it up to a open shared dropbox, Google drive, or other file sharing site. Then email a link to tssapchallenge@theskysearchers.com along with your comments. This should give us a 'reserve' to draw from as the Challenge moves forward.
Please remember to have a stacked tiff or fits file in your link. And we welcome DSO, Planetary, Lunar, Solar or nightsscape images for processing.

Thanks for your help!!
Gordon
ZWO mini guider.

Return to “AP Processing Challenge”