TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Re: AP Processing Challenge 18 - M106 Larry1969

Post by Graeme1858 »

STEVE333 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:22 pm PROCESS: PixInsight
---
  • Apply LRGBCombination to stretched image

PixInsight 45 day trial downloaded and installed. I was with you Steve right up to LRGBCombination then PI didn't like the RGB boxes unticked!

I got this:

Error.png

For a first run through I'm not too surprised, they say the PI learning curve is steep but I love a challenge!

Right, I'm off to do some tutorials!

Regards

Graeme
APM 11x70 ED APO Binoculars.

https://www.averywayobservatory.co.uk/
Jockinireland Ireland
Milky Way Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Jockinireland »

Graeme1858 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:13 pm
STEVE333 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:22 pm PROCESS: PixInsight
---
  • Apply LRGBCombination to stretched image

PixInsight 45 day trial downloaded and installed. I was with you Steve right up to LRGBCombination then PI didn't like the RGB boxes unticked!

I got this:

For a first run through I'm not too surprised, they say the PI learning curve is steep but I love a challenge!

Right, I'm off to do some tutorials!

Regards

Graeme
So have your RGB image open and your L. Untick the RGB boxes in LRGB combine, make sure the L is identified as the Lightness source by clicking on the file icon to the right of the l window. Then click and hold on the little triangle at bottom left of the LRGB combine window and drag and drop it on your RGB image. That should do it.

try the Light Vortex tutorials - i found they were the best when I started. And good luck, Personally I did not find PI as difficult as everyone says.

https://www.lightvortexastronomy.com/tutorials.html
Scope: Skywatcher Evostar 80ED (SW 0.85 FR/FF) on a SW NEQ6Pro
Guiding; SW Evoguide 50ED, ASI 120mm mini
Meade 8" LX200 GPS on wedge (Guided with a cheapo 50mm guidescope and a ZWO ASI 120mm mini)
Sharpstar 61EDPH II (with dedicated 0.8 reducer) with wiliam Optics 32mm uniguide
Camera: ASI2600MC pro. QHY 163M with ZWO 7nm NB filters, Canon EOS700D astro mod
Secondary mount: Skywatcher StarAdventurer

My Astrobin https://www.astrobin.com/users/mackiedlm/
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
Articles: 1

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

Jockinireland wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:45 pm So have your RGB image open and your L. Untick the RGB boxes in LRGB combine, make sure the L is identified as the Lightness source by clicking on the file icon to the right of the l window. Then click and hold on the little triangle at bottom left of the LRGB combine window and drag and drop it on your RGB image. That should do it.

try the Light Vortex tutorials - i found they were the best when I started. And good luck, Personally I did not find PI as difficult as everyone says.

That worked, cheers David. The result needs some settings tweaked but the process makes sense!

I'll go have a look at the tutorials.

Regards

Graeme

Ruud
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Ruud »

Fitswork has a colour correction tool, a channel mixer which you can use to amplify or shift colours. Of course the ideal tool to fix the green cast without ruining any existing colour contrast. I can't believe I overlooked it earlier.

Fitswork: colour correction + histogram stretching + flatten background (removes gradients).
Photoshop: a tiny bit more channel mixing to further neutralise the greys. Channel mixer to boost colour. Topaz (Denoise and Adjust) to remove noise and bring out detail.

The colours are subdued. I thought that would be fitting for a galaxy of the standing of M106.
Challenge No 18 - Larry 1969 - M106_04.png
I'm satisfied. This challenge was an edifying experience. Thank you Larry!
7x50 Helios Apollo 8x42 Bresser Everest 73mm f/5.9 WO APO 4" f/5 TeleVue Genesis 6" f/10 Celestron 6SE 0.63x reducer 1.8, 2, 2.5 and 3x Barlows eyepieces from 4.5 to 34mm
Jockinireland Ireland
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Jockinireland »

Graeme1858 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:38 pm
Jockinireland wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:45 pm So have your RGB image open and your L. Untick the RGB boxes in LRGB combine, make sure the L is identified as the Lightness source by clicking on the file icon to the right of the l window. Then click and hold on the little triangle at bottom left of the LRGB combine window and drag and drop it on your RGB image. That should do it.

That worked, cheers David. The result needs some settings tweaked but the process makes sense!

I'll go have a look at the tutorials.

Regards

Graeme
I do like that - the core looks like a stormy thundery sky - dark and brooding. You almost expect to see lightning forks.

Nicely done.

David.
Meade 8" LX200 GPS on wedge (Guided with a cheapo 50mm guidescope and a ZWO ASI 120mm mini)
Sharpstar 61EDPH II (with dedicated 0.8 reducer) with wiliam Optics 32mm uniguide
Camera: ASI2600MC pro. QHY 163M with ZWO 7nm NB filters, Canon EOS700D astro mod

STEVE333 United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by STEVE333 »

Ruud wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:51 am Fitswork has a colour correction tool, a channel mixer which you can use to amplify or shift colours. Of course the ideal tool to fix the green cast without ruining any existing colour contrast. I can't believe I overlooked it earlier.

Fitswork: colour correction + histogram stretching + flatten background (removes gradients).
Photoshop: a tiny bit more channel mixing to further neutralise the greys. Channel mixer to boost colour. Topaz (Denoise and Adjust) to remove noise and bring out detail.

The colours are subdued. I thought that would be fitting for a galaxy of the standing of M106.

I'm satisfied. This challenge was an edifying experience. Thank you Larry!

You brought out nice details on the interior. I also like how you controlled the stars, well done.

Steve
Steve King: Light Pollution (Bortle 5)
Telescope + Mount + Guiding: W.O. Star71-ii + iOptron CEM40 EC + Orion Magnificent Mini AutoGuider
Camera: ASI 1600MM Pro + EFW Filter Wheel + Chroma 3nm Siii, Ha, Oiii + ZWO LRGB Filters
Software: PHD2; APT; PixInsight ***** My AP website: www.steveking.pictures
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

Just worked through a series of 12 PixInsight videos from Mitch (for total beginners)

This was my workflow:
Screen Transfer Function
Auto Stretch
Dynamic Crop
Auto Background Extraction (Subtraction)
Background Neutralisation
Colour Calibration
Photometric Colour Calibration - Failed!
Extract Luminance
Luminance Mask
Multiscale Linear Transform
Luminance
Chrominance
Luminance Mask
HDR Multiscale Transform
Local Histogram Equalization
Luminance Mask
Curves Transformation
Saturation

Photometric Colour Calibration didn't work, it sounds like a good idea though. Not sure I could do it again without the video playing but I learnt a huge amount! Went to save the process icons and received an error message "are you sure you really know what you are doing" What a cheek! Probably a fair observation though!

Challenge_No_18_Larry_1969_M106-Final.jpg

Quite pleased with it for a first go. PI seems to be the way forward!

Regards

Graeme

Jockinireland Ireland
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Jockinireland »

Graeme1858 wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:06 pm Just worked through a series of 12 PixInsight videos from Mitch (for total beginners)

This was my workflow:
Screen Transfer Function
Auto Stretch
Dynamic Crop
Auto Background Extraction (Subtraction)
Background Neutralisation
Colour Calibration
Photometric Colour Calibration - Failed!
Extract Luminance
Luminance Mask
Multiscale Linear Transform
Luminance
Chrominance
Luminance Mask
HDR Multiscale Transform
Local Histogram Equalization
Luminance Mask
Curves Transformation
Saturation

Photometric Colour Calibration didn't work, it sounds like a good idea though. Not sure I could do it again without the video playing but I learnt a huge amount! Went to save the process icons and received an error message "are you sure you really know what you are doing" What a cheek! Probably a fair observation though!

Quite pleased with it for a first go. PI seems to be the way forward!

Regards

Graeme
For a first effort with PI thats pretty good. My one comment would be its a bit noisier than it could be and looking at your flow I'm not sure why that would be. Take a look at the EZ processing Suite denoise script (you'll need to download and set up the script but thats easy enough) I use that 9 times out of 10 for denoise and it works really well.

Not sure why PCC failed - It worked ok for me with this data using 840mm FL and 3.76 pixel. What was the error message? Was it at plate solving stage or after that.?

Ruud
Orion Spur Ambassador

Post by Ruud »

@Jockinireland
What is the purpose of plate solving in processing with PI?
7x50 Helios Apollo 8x42 Bresser Everest 73mm f/5.9 WO APO 4" f/5 TeleVue Genesis 6" f/10 Celestron 6SE 0.63x reducer 1.8, 2, 2.5 and 3x Barlows eyepieces from 4.5 to 34mm
Jockinireland Ireland
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Jockinireland »

Ruud wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:20 am @Jockinireland
What is the purpose of plate solving in processing with PI?
Hi Ruud,

So, in Photometric Colour Calibration (PCC) PI will solve an image and then use that solution to compare the colour of the stars in your image to the actual known colour of those same stars in a specified catalogue of stars (GAIA or APASS - this is the Photometric part I think). From that analysis it then works out and applies the appropriate colour calibration parameters for your image to get the white balance (and therefore I think colour ) as accurate as possible (And thats about a technical as I am able to get about it - :lol: ). I think that the claim is that it is a very accurate method of colour calibration.

You can also use a separate ImageSolve process in PI, followed by an Annotation script, to produce annotated images the same as I have put in to my post #7 above.

take care

David.

Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

Jockinireland wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:50 am Take a look at the EZ processing Suite denoise script

EZ processing? Sounds like my kind of script!

Jockinireland wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:50 am Not sure why PCC failed - It worked ok for me with this data using 840mm FL and 3.76 pixel. What was the error message? Was it at plate solving stage or after that?

Can't remember the error message but I did use 840mm FL and 3.76 pixel size from your first post.

It was a fun process. My telescope has been put away whilst the builders are in so a re-process of an old image might be the way forward today.

Regards

Graeme

Jockinireland Ireland
Milky Way Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by Jockinireland »

Graeme1858 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:58 am
Jockinireland wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:50 am Take a look at the EZ processing Suite denoise script

EZ processing? Sounds like my kind of script!

Jockinireland wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:50 am Not sure why PCC failed - It worked ok for me with this data using 840mm FL and 3.76 pixel. What was the error message? Was it at plate solving stage or after that?

Can't remember the error message but I did use 840mm FL and 3.76 pixel size from your first post.

It was a fun process. My telescope has been put away whilst the builders are in so a re-process of an old image might be the way forward today.

Regards

Graeme
PCC is usually fairly robust for me. To check I pulled the fits from the G-drive, cropped it and ran PCC with the settings shown below and it ran through no problem. For the location I did "search co-ordinates" on M106 then "get data" once it had found it.
pcc.JPG
I find the EZ processing suite to be really useful, It also has a devonvolution script which works really well for some data and it has a gentle stretch script too which works nicely. VisibleDark has a nice intro to it here

You can get full details of it here https://pixinsight.com/forum/index.php? ... ite.14937/

The repository is here https://darkarchon.internet-box.ch:8443/

Then you just need to add the script and a good tutorial for doing that (as well as the location of other cool scripts) is here http://www.skypixels.at/pixinsight_scripts.html

HTH

UkDave Great Britain
Moon Ambassador

TSS Photo of the Day

Post by UkDave »

Hi guys, Thanks larry for your data to play with ,processed in Startools 1.8 Alpha ,looks better on an iphone screen rather than my poor laptop screen ,log attached ,thanks for looking
regards Dave
File loaded [C:\Users\44772\Downloads\Challenge No 18 - Larry 1969 - M106.fits].
Image size is 6648 x 4789
---
Type of Data: Linear and was Bayered, but not whitebalanced
--- Auto Develop
Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [Off]
Parameter [Outside RoI Influence] set to [15 %]
Parameter [RoI X1] set to [433 pixels]
Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [611 pixels]
Parameter [RoI X2] set to [6112 pixels (-536)]
Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [4034 pixels (-755)]
Parameter [Detector Gamma] set to [1.00]
Parameter set to [50 %] --- Bin Parameter [Scale] set to [scale 50.00% / +2.00 bits / +1.00x SNR improvement] Image size is 3324 x 2394 --- Crop Parameter [X1] set to [190 pixels] Parameter [Y1] set to [309 pixels] Parameter [X2] set to [3055 pixels (-269)] Parameter [Y2] set to [2014 pixels (-380)] Image size is 2865 x 1705 --- Wipe Parameter [Synthetic Dark/Bias] set to [Off] Parameter [Gradient Edge Behavior] set to [Absorb 50%] Parameter [Synthetic Flats] set to [Off] Parameter [Sampling Precision] set to [256 x 256 pixels] Parameter [Dark Anomaly Filter] set to [3 pixels] Parameter [Gradient Falloff] set to [0 %] Parameter [Synth. Bias Edge Area] set to [100 %] Parameter [Gradient Aggressiveness] set to [75 %] Parameter [Correlation Filtering] set to [Off] Redoing stretch of linear data --- Auto Develop Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [Off] Parameter [Outside RoI Influence] set to [15 %] Parameter [RoI X1] set to [1425 pixels] Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [839 pixels] Parameter [RoI X2] set to [1554 pixels (-1311)] Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [965 pixels (-740)] Parameter [Detector Gamma] set to [1.00] Parameter [Shadow Linearity] set to [50 %] --- Contrast Parameter [Expose Dark Areas] set to [Yes] Parameter [Brightness Retention] set to [Off] Parameter [Precision] set to [256 x 256 pixels] Parameter [Shadow Detail Size] set to [10 pixels] Parameter [Locality] set to [50 %] Parameter [Shadow Dyn Range Alloc] set to [50 %] --- HDR Parameter [Small Detail Precision] set to [Max] Parameter [Channels] set to [Brightness Only] Parameter [Algorithm] set to [Reveal DSO Core] Parameter [Dark/Bright Response] set to [Full] Parameter [Detail Size Range] set to [727 pixels] Parameter [Strength] set to [1.2] --- Wavelet Sharpen Parameter [Structure Size] set to [Large] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- SNR-aware Wavelet Sharpening Parameter [Scale 1] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 2] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 3] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 4] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 5] set to [100 %] Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [4 pixels] Parameter [Amount] set to [300 %] Parameter [High SNR Size Bias] set to [85 %] Parameter [Low SNR Size Bias] set to [0 %] Parameter [Dark/Light Enhance] set to [50% / 50%] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Spatially Variant PSF Deconvolution Parameter [PSF Resampling] set to [None] Parameter [Synthetic PSF Model] set to [Moffat Beta=4.765 (Trujillo) (Atmosphere)] Parameter [Sampled Area] set to [15x15] Parameter [Synthetic PSF Radius] set to [1.5 pixels] Parameter [Synthetic Iterations] set to [10x] Parameter [Spatial Error] set to [1.00] Parameter [Deringing Fuzz] set to [20.0 pixels] Parameter [Deringing] set to [50 %] Parameter [Dyn. Range Extension] set to [1.00] Parameter [Linearity Cutoff] set to [85 %] Parameter [Sampled Iterations] set to [10x] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) Redoing stretch of linear data --- Auto Develop Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [Off] Parameter [Outside RoI Influence] set to [15 %] Parameter [RoI X1] set to [1317 pixels] Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [814 pixels] Parameter [RoI X2] set to [1533 pixels (-1332)] Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [908 pixels (-797)] Parameter [Detector Gamma] set to [1.00] Parameter [Shadow Linearity] set to [50 %] --- Wipe Parameter [Synthetic Dark/Bias] set to [Off] Parameter [Gradient Edge Behavior] set to [Absorb 50%] Parameter [Synthetic Flats] set to [Off] Parameter [Sampling Precision] set to [256 x 256 pixels] Parameter [Dark Anomaly Filter] set to [3 pixels] Parameter [Gradient Falloff] set to [0 %] Parameter [Synth. Bias Edge Area] set to [100 %] Parameter [Gradient Aggressiveness] set to [75 %] Parameter [Correlation Filtering] set to [Off] Redoing stretch of linear data --- Auto Develop Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [Off] Parameter [Outside RoI Influence] set to [15 %] Parameter [RoI X1] set to [1389 pixels] Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [828 pixels] Parameter [RoI X2] set to [1611 pixels (-1254)] Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [947 pixels (-758)] Parameter [Detector Gamma] set to [1.00] Parameter [Shadow Linearity] set to [50 %] --- Contrast Parameter [Expose Dark Areas] set to [No] Parameter [Brightness Retention] set to [Global Mode Align] Parameter [Precision] set to [256 x 256 pixels] Parameter [Shadow Detail Size] set to [10 pixels] Parameter [Locality] set to [50 %] Parameter [Shadow Dyn Range Alloc] set to [100 %] --- HDR Parameter [Small Detail Precision] set to [Max] Parameter [Channels] set to [Brightness Only] Parameter [Algorithm] set to [Reveal DSO Core] Parameter [Dark/Bright Response] set to [1.00] Parameter [Detail Size Range] set to [676 pixels] Parameter [Strength] set to [1.3] --- Wavelet Sharpen Parameter [Structure Size] set to [Large] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- SNR-aware Wavelet Sharpening Parameter [Scale 1] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 2] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 3] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 4] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 5] set to [100 %] Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [4 pixels] Parameter [Amount] set to [300 %] Parameter [High SNR Size Bias] set to [85 %] Parameter [Low SNR Size Bias] set to [0 %] Parameter [Dark/Light Enhance] set to [50% / 50%] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Spatially Variant PSF Deconvolution Parameter [PSF Resampling] set to [None] Parameter [Synthetic PSF Model] set to [Circle of Confusion (Optics Only)] Parameter [Sampled Area] set to [15x15] Parameter [Synthetic PSF Radius] set to [1.5 pixels] Parameter [Synthetic Iterations] set to [Off] Parameter [Spatial Error] set to [1.00] Parameter [Deringing Fuzz] set to [20.0 pixels] Parameter [Deringing] set to [50 %] Parameter [Dyn. Range Extension] set to [1.00] Parameter [Linearity Cutoff] set to [85 %] Parameter [Sampled Iterations] set to [10x] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Color Parameter [Bias Slider Mode] set to [Sliders Reduce Color Bias] Parameter [Style] set to [Scientific (Color Constancy)] Parameter [LRGB Method Emulation] set to [Straight CIELab Luminance Retention] Parameter [Matrix] set to [Identity (OFF)] Parameter [Dark Saturation] set to [2.0] Parameter [Bright Saturation] set to [Full] Parameter [Saturation Amount] set to [235 %] Parameter [Blue Bias Reduce] set to [1.00] Parameter [Green Bias Reduce] set to [1.76] Parameter [Red Bias Reduce] set to [1.44] Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [1.0 pixels] Parameter [Cap Green] set to [0 %] Parameter [Highlight Repair] set to [Off] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Shrink Parameter [Mode] set to [Tighten] Parameter [Halo Extend] set to [1 pixels] Parameter [Iterations] set to [10] Parameter [Regularization] set to [0.85] Parameter [Color Taming] set to [8 pixels] Parameter [De-ringing] set to [Off] Parameter [Un-glow Strength] set to [Off] Parameter [Un-glow Kernel] set to [Off] --- Entropy-driven Detail Enhancement Parameter [Resolution] set to [Medium] Parameter [Channel Selection] set to [All] Parameter [Strength] set to [100 %] Parameter [Midtone Pull Filter] set to [20.0 pixels] Parameter [Midtone Pull Strength] set to [50 %] Parameter [Dark/Light Enhance] set to [50% / 50%] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Auto Develop Parameter [Ignore Fine Detail <] set to [Off] Parameter [Outside RoI Influence] set to [15 %] Parameter [RoI X1] set to [1389 pixels] Parameter [RoI Y1] set to [828 pixels] Parameter [RoI X2] set to [1611 pixels (-1254)] Parameter [RoI Y2] set to [947 pixels (-758)] Parameter [Detector Gamma] set to [1.00] Parameter [Shadow Linearity] set to [50 %] --- Contrast Parameter [Expose Dark Areas] set to [Yes] Parameter [Brightness Retention] set to [Off] Parameter [Precision] set to [256 x 256 pixels] Parameter [Shadow Detail Size] set to [10 pixels] Parameter [Locality] set to [50 %] Parameter [Shadow Dyn Range Alloc] set to [50 %] --- HDR Parameter [Small Detail Precision] set to [Max] Parameter [Channels] set to [Brightness Only] Parameter [Algorithm] set to [Reveal DSO Core] Parameter [Dark/Bright Response] set to [Full] Parameter [Detail Size Range] set to [730 pixels] Parameter [Strength] set to [1.3] --- Wavelet Sharpen Parameter [Structure Size] set to [Large] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- SNR-aware Wavelet Sharpening Parameter [Scale 1] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 2] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 3] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 4] set to [100 %] Parameter [Scale 5] set to [100 %] Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [4 pixels] Parameter [Amount] set to [300 %] Parameter [High SNR Size Bias] set to [85 %] Parameter [Low SNR Size Bias] set to [0 %] Parameter [Dark/Light Enhance] set to [50% / 50%] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Spatially Variant PSF Deconvolution Parameter [PSF Resampling] set to [None] Parameter [Synthetic PSF Model] set to [Circle of Confusion (Optics Only)] Parameter [Sampled Area] set to [15x15] Parameter [Synthetic PSF Radius] set to [1.5 pixels] Parameter [Synthetic Iterations] set to [Off] Parameter [Spatial Error] set to [1.00] Parameter [Deringing Fuzz] set to [20.0 pixels] Parameter [Deringing] set to [50 %] Parameter [Dyn. Range Extension] set to [1.00] Parameter [Linearity Cutoff] set to [85 %] Parameter [Sampled Iterations] set to [10x] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Color Parameter [Bias Slider Mode] set to [Sliders Reduce Color Bias] Parameter [Style] set to [Scientific (Color Constancy)] Parameter [LRGB Method Emulation] set to [Straight CIELab Luminance Retention] Parameter [Matrix] set to [Identity (OFF)] Parameter [Dark Saturation] set to [2.0] Parameter [Bright Saturation] set to [Full] Parameter [Saturation Amount] set to [235 %] Parameter [Blue Bias Reduce] set to [1.00] Parameter [Green Bias Reduce] set to [1.76] Parameter [Red Bias Reduce] set to [1.43] Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [1.0 pixels] Parameter [Cap Green] set to [0 %] Parameter [Highlight Repair] set to [Off] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Shrink Parameter [Mode] set to [Tighten] Parameter [Halo Extend] set to [1 pixels] Parameter [Iterations] set to [10] Parameter [Regularization] set to [0.85] Parameter [Color Taming] set to [2 pixels] Parameter [De-ringing] set to [Off] Parameter [Un-glow Strength] set to [Off] Parameter [Un-glow Kernel] set to [Off] --- Entropy-driven Detail Enhancement Parameter [Resolution] set to [Medium] Parameter [Channel Selection] set to [All] Parameter [Strength] set to [100 %] Parameter [Midtone Pull Filter] set to [20.0 pixels] Parameter [Midtone Pull Strength] set to [50 %] Parameter [Dark/Light Enhance] set to [50% / 50%] --- Super Structure Parameter [Detail Preservation] set to [Linear Brightness Mask] Parameter [Compositing Algorithm] set to [Screen] Parameter [Brightness, Color] set to [Only Color] Parameter [Brightness Retention] set to [Off] Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [1.0 pixels] Parameter [Airy Disk Radius] set to [50 %] Parameter [Gamma] set to [0.25] Parameter [Detail Preservation Radius] set to [20.0 pixels] Parameter [Saturation] set to [200 %] Parameter [Strength] set to [100 %] --- Unified De-Noise Parameter [Grain Size] set to [4.0 pixels] Parameter [Walking Noise Size] set to [1.0 pixels] Parameter [Walking Noise Angle] set to [0] --- Unified De-Noise Parameter [Scale 1] set to [99 %] Parameter [Scale 2] set to [95 %] Parameter [Scale 3] set to [95 %] Parameter [Scale 4] set to [95 %] Parameter [Scale 5] set to [50 %] Parameter [Equalized Grain] set to [12 %] Parameter [Scale Correlation] set to [50 %] Parameter [Color Detail Loss] set to [50 %] Parameter [Brightness Detail Loss] set to [50 %] Parameter [Grain Dispersion] set to [4.0 pixels] --- Fractal Flux: Setup Parameter [Wavelet Library] set to [Small] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Fractal Flux Parameter [Brightness Mask Mode] set to [Off] Parameter [Algorithm] set to [Modulate Unsharp Mask] Parameter [Negative Flux] set to [0 %] Parameter [Positive Flux] set to [500 %] Parameter [Detail Filter] set to [1.0 pixels] Parameter [Filter Fuzz] set to [1.0 pixels] Parameter [Filter Radius] set to [1.5 pixels] Parameter [Filter Amount] set to [200 %] Parameter [Mask Fuzz] set to [1.0 pixels] Parameter [Brightness Mask Power] set to [1.0] Mask used (BASE64 PNG encoded) --- Repair Parameter [Radial Samples] set to [32] Parameter [Sub Sampling] set to [4x] Parameter [Algorithm] set to [Warp] Parameter [Grow Mask] set to [0 pixels] File saved [C:\Users\44772\Downloads\Challenge No 18 - Larry 1969 - M106.jpg].
Attachments
Challenge No 18 - Larry 1969 - M106.jpg
Graeme1858 Great Britain
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

TSS Awards Badges

TSS Photo of the Day

I Broke The Forum.

Post by Graeme1858 »

UkDave wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:38 pm Hi guys, Thanks larry for your data to play with ,processed in Startools 1.8 Alpha ,looks better on an iphone screen rather than my poor laptop screen ,log attached ,thanks for looking
regards Dave
File loaded [C:\Users\44772\Downloads\Challenge No 18 - Larry 1969 - M106.fits].
Image size is 6648 x 4789
---

That's a great process Dave. You have brought out the colours really well.

Regards

Graeme