RASC 2020 Observer's Handbook - got a good price!

Discuss astronomy books / magazines.
smp United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador
Articles: 0

RASC 2020 Observer's Handbook - got a good price!

Post by smp »

I was just able to order the RASC 2020 Observer's Handbook USA Edition for USD $22.06 + $5.95 shipping, for a total of USD $28.01.

I got an e-mail from Astronomy My Science Shop indicating that they had this on sale for $25.95 plus shipping. I looked around, and many places are indicating that they are sold out at this time, and a few places offer it for $30+ plus shipping. I went through the entire ordering process, and got to the end where it was indicating $25.95 plus $5.95 shipping, and I got cold feet, feeling that I didn't really need another book. When I was moving off the web page, going to leave the order unprocessed, I got a pop-up notice providing a code to get another $3.89 off, so I went ahead and ordered, as I showed above.

I don't know if this was a random thing or if it may be available for anyone, in order to not lose the business, but I figured that I'd let folks know so others who may be interested can give it a try to save the shipping cost and a bit more than that.

Good luck! If anyone else is interested and able to get this deal, please post back.

smp
Stephen
- - - - -
Telescopes: Questar 3.5 Standard SN 18-11421; Stellina (EAA)
Solar: Thousand Oaks white light filter; Daystar Quark (chromosphere) Hα filter
Mounts: Explore Scientific Twilight I; Majestic heavy duty tripod
Local Club: New Hampshire Astronomical Society
pakarinen United States of America
Inter-Galactic Ambassador
Articles: 0

TSS Awards Badges

Re: RASC 2020 Observer's Handbook - got a good price!

Post by pakarinen »

I just heard a snippet on the news that online retailers are doing that - you set up an order, get a price, but if you cancel you'll get a pop-up or something with a "special" discount code.

Wonder if that works for Swarovski binos...
=============================================================================
I drink tea, I read books, I look at stars when I'm not cursing clouds. It's what I do.
=============================================================================
AT50, AT72EDII, ST80, ST102; Scopetech Zero, AZ-GTi, AZ Pronto; Innorel RT90C, Oberwerk 5000; Orion Giantview 15x70s, Vortex 8x42s, Navy surplus 7x50s, Nikon 10x50s